Nhl 2017-18

jg21

It's on. Or about to be. I will thoroughly enjoy the Caps' regular season. Looking forward to seeing the new guys, but will surely miss Alzner.

Wonder if this thread can sustain itself without everyone calling everyone names or bashing each others' politics...

Chris0nllyn

It's on. Or about to be. I will thoroughly enjoy the Caps' regular season. Looking forward to seeing the new guys, but will surely miss Alzner.

Wonder if this thread can sustain itself without everyone calling everyone names or bashing each others' politics...

It should be interesting this year, but I have a feeling they'll do well with much less pressure to hoist Lord Stanley (the cup, not the forum member).

I just read that Steve Jobs' wife will be buying stake in the Wizards and Caps.

These NHL threads tend to be one of the better, long lasting threads. It tends to stay on topic and the only bashing is lighthearted team bashing.

Unless you're a Pens fan. Then that #### is real hatred.

jg21

It should be interesting this year, but I have a feeling they'll do well with much less pressure to hoist Lord Stanley (the cup, not the forum member).

I just read that Steve Jobs' wife will be buying stake in the Wizards and Caps.

These NHL threads tend to be one of the better, long lasting threads. It tends to stay on topic and the only bashing is lighthearted team bashing.

Unless you're a Pens fan. Then that #### is real hatred.

HaHa I can't even say the P word. I agree about lack of pressure. The Hockey News has the Caps at 17-1 to win the Cup, with them going out in the 2nd round (again) against the Pens.

Of course they also had the Caps winning the Cup the last 2 years...

b23hqb

PREMO Member
I'd love to see Stamkos healthy for a whole season.

That would be a miracle in itself, and it would be nice, But Stammer is what he is - a great player but prone to the lengthy injury bug.

Hank

my war
Ovi!!!!

natural hat trick... verrry nice.

Other News:

Hawks - 10
Pens - 1

Last edited:

Hank

my war
Four hat tricks have been scored in season-opening games for the first time in 100 years, since the 1917-18 season.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
That's what I said. The guy's an age-less wonder.

I wish my Bucs would have won last night (they should have), but I'll take a come-from-behind SO win and an Ovi Hat Trick!

*and a Pens blowout loss.

I was there at the CITS last night. Thursday night football sucks for the players. Winston stunk the joint up for three quarters, too many dropped passes, and a kicker that should be out the door today.

Back on topic - waiting on the Lightning to face off today. Let's go Lightning!

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
Nice to see hockey back. I've given up totally on the NFL after their recent exhibition of idiocy (except for Villanueva - if I hadn't sworn to not support the league in any way financially, I'd have bought his jersey.)

10-1 was definitely a wtf (and a "told you not to let Fleury go!"), but my Pens redeemed themselves yesterday evening with a W.

Hank

my war
What a game! No expectations seem to be working, albeit only 2 games into the season....

I tell ya, that Ovi guy has lost a step and is out of shape and probably too old for this fast league!

Last edited:

Chris0nllyn

What a game! No expectations seem to be working, albeit only 2 games into the season....

I tell ya, that Ovi guy has lost a step and is out of shape and probably too old for this fast league!

First player in 100 years to have back to back games with hat tricks in first 2 games.

7 goals in 2 games? Kuzy with 7 assists already.

Curious about the depth in the 3rd and 4th lines, but so far, so good.

Chris0nllyn

Good game last night. #### Kunitz.

Caps have been hung up in their zone too much. D needs to work on getting the puck clear.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Good game last night. #### Kunitz.

Caps have been hung up in their zone too much. D needs to work on getting the puck clear.

Didn't know the outcome until now - your descriptive adjective on Kunitz sort of gave the result away without even looking it up. Let's go Lightning! A good start for both teams so far.