Thread: Shared Responsiblity Payment?

Shared Responsiblity Payment?

I had to laugh....IRS sends me a bill for $1940 and calls it my "shared responsibility payment" "shared responsibility" my happy arse....I don't share any responsibility whatsoever for that pile of crap legislation that Barry and his cohorts foisted on me.

Good thing I can just toss the bill in the trash can.
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

Blog Entries
    What does that mean - "shared responsibility"? Responsibility for what?
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    What does that mean - "shared responsibility"? Responsibility for what?
    The individual shared responsibility provision of the Affordable Care Act requires you and each member of your family to have qualifying health care coverage (called minimum essential coverage), qualify for a coverage exemption, or make an individual shared responsibility payment when you file your federal income tax ...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmygdaughters View Post
    The individual shared responsibility provision of the Affordable Care Act requires you and each member of your family to have qualifying health care coverage (called minimum essential coverage), qualify for a coverage exemption, or make an individual shared responsibility payment when you file your federal income tax ...
    Thanks!

So it's a euphemism for "penalty for not having government mandated health insurance"?

That's hilarious!!
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    I had to laugh....IRS sends me a bill for $1940 and calls it my "shared responsibility payment" "shared responsibility" my happy arse....I don't share any responsibility whatsoever for that pile of crap legislation that Barry and his cohorts foisted on me.

Good thing I can just toss the bill in the trash can.
    Of course you know that anyone with a calculator can now get a general estimate of you taxable income?

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    Thanks!

So it's a euphemism for "penalty for not having government mandated health insurance"?

That's hilarious!!
    Exactly!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by transporter View Post
    Of course you know that anyone with a calculator can now get a general estimate of you taxable income?
    Good Gawd man, who the hell cares?
    "It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob."
    The Brain

Blog Entries
    You should consider getting professional help for your stalking obsession before you hurt someone.
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

And I GAF about that...why?
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

Such a great benefit....Barry must be so proud of himself.

The majority of households paying the Obamacare penalty in 2015 were low- and middle-income households, according to the most recent data from the Internal Revenue Service.
    http://freebeacon.com/issues/majorit...middle-income/

Members who have read this thread: 64