We Need More Guns

stgislander

PREMO Member
My favorite line...

How can this be? More guns, especially in the hands of racist, sexist, homophobic, Christian, country music-loving, Trump-supporting Republicans, means open season on anyone and everyone who doesn't share this white privilege. At least that's what CNN and MSNBC say.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Good piece about the foolish media....

I heard one of the hosts of F&F call the slide-fire stocks "bump stoppers". LMAO...and shaking my head.

The American political left and mainstream media pundits at large do not understand guns. They are not educated about them and they refuse to learn about them. They could not tell you the difference between an automatic or semi-automatic firearm. They don’t understand what a suppressor does or does not do. It’s safe to say most of them have not heard the term “bump stock” until this week.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/10/04/media-doesnt-understand-guns-and-doesnt-want-to.html

SamSpade

Read something this morning I thought was interesting -

We all know that in general, stats for violent crimes have been diminishing in the United States for decades. Even descriptions of waves of populations - such as a surge and waning of baby boomers and subsequent waves of births doesn't account for the steady drop in violent crimes. (The premise being that during a population boom, some 15-35 years later a corresponding increase in crime, as that's the age of a majority of criminals).

It's known that the ingestion of LEAD in people leads to violence - the article pointed to two major events in our history leading to reduction in violent crime - the slow elimination of lead in our drinking water and the elimination of lead in gasoline permeating our air, both of which began around the time of the decrease.

It's an interesting speculation.

Hijinx

We all know that in general, stats for violent crimes have been diminishing in the United States for decades. Even descriptions of waves of populations - such as a surge and waning of baby boomers and subsequent waves of births doesn't account for the steady drop in violent crimes. (The premise being that during a population boom, some 15-35 years later a corresponding increase in crime, as that's the age of a majority of criminals).

It's known that the ingestion of LEAD in people leads to violence - the article pointed to two major events in our history leading to reduction in violent crime - the slow elimination of lead in our drinking water and the elimination of lead in gasoline permeating our air, both of which began around the time of the decrease.

So what you are saying is that if we took lead out of the bullets the killing would stop.

Just kidding.

black dog

Free America

Now that's very interesting,. Can you post a linky please... Great Post...

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
So what you are saying is that if we took lead out of the bullets the killing would stop.

Just kidding.

You kid, but...there have been moves afoot to ban the use of lead in bullets.

I've stockpiled several tons of depleted uranium just in case that ban ever goes in to effect. :coffee: