Thread: Flood

Flood

I took a pork loin out of the freezer for dinner. I always defrost meats in a big pot of cool water, takes a fraction of the time compared to letting sit on the counter, and I never microwave defrost.

Set the pot on the stove, put the loin in and started filling with water.

Popped my head in the fridge looking for a snack. Found 2 different kinds of string cheeze, decided to do a taste test. Grabbed an apple, sat down in front of the TV.

I hear an odd noise. Turned off the tv, strained to hear.

Then it hit me.... omg.

All I can say is: Thank Gawd for wet/dry vacs.
    "It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob."
    The Brain

So I'm racking my brain.... Pot is on the stove filling with water?? From a hose? Cuz I'm trying to figure out how you have water running over when its on the stove, unless you mean boiling water. Or you have a fancy faucet that reaches the stove....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
    So I'm racking my brain.... Pot is on the stove filling with water?? From a hose? Cuz I'm trying to figure out how you have water running over when its on the stove, unless you mean boiling water. Or you have a fancy faucet that reaches the stove....
    I took it to mean he started filling the pot with water, got distracted by cheese, and forgot to turn the water off once the pot was full. I think he has one of those pot filler water spigots by his stove.

So which strong cheese was better?
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

I have a fansy pot filler on the island next to the stove. It fills slow, so I start it and get back to it in a few minutes. I just plumb forgot to shut it off.

I prefer the Polly-O to Galbani. Polly-O is a bit more salted, Galbani is very good but is a bit more sour.

Just discovered the carpet in the basement under the kitchen was soaked too....
    The Brain

Found a pic of the filler before the kitchen was done.

Name:  20160301_164039.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  222.6 KB
    The Brain

Quote Originally Posted by GWguy View Post
    Found a pic of the filler before the kitchen was done.

Name:  20160301_164039.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  222.6 KB
    Ahhh, that explains it.

Getting old is hell......
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
    Ahhh, that explains it.
    No way would I put that in my kitchen because it's way too easy to get distracted multi-tasking and their is no back up safety net like you have filling up a pot in the sink...
    Imagine how much better America would be if you would simply don a pair a pants before sitting down at your Playskool My First 'Puter.

LibertyBeacon

Members who have read this thread: 46