Thread: King George Fall Festival

King George Fall Festival

Mark your calendar for the 59th Annual King George Fall Festival!

Saturday, October 14, 2017
    King George High School
    King George, VA

This year's theme is "There's No Place Like Home"! The festivities include a parade in downtown King George and feature a carnival with rides, attractions, games, food, and crafts at KG High School. WFLS 93.3 FM will be broadcasting live, and the KGHS Royal Regiment Marching Band will perform. A fun day for the whole family and a terrific opportunity to enjoy beautiful historic King George! On Sunday, Oct. 15 cheer on our lovely and talented young ladies at the Teen and Miss Pageant at the King George Middle School auditorium.

Click for more information about the festival or to become a Vendor or Volunteer. We'll see you there!

Name:  KGFest.jpg
Views: 470
Size:  22.5 KB

If I may ...

Uhhhh. I know that the territorial line of Maryland spans across the Potomac to the shores of Virginia, but since when has that area become a part of Southern Maryland to be included in the "Life in Southern Maryland" forum?
    I know you the boss and all and can do what you please, but, maybe a different thread?
    If the military wanted you to have a spouse, or family, they would have issued you one.

Registered User acommondisaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LightRoasted View Post
    If I may ...

Uhhhh. I know that the territorial line of Maryland spans across the Potomac to the shores of Virginia, but since when has that area become a part of Southern Maryland to be included in the "Life in Southern Maryland" forum?
    I know you the boss and all and can do what you please, but, maybe a different thread?
    Since Charles County is part of SoMd, King George is just as close to us as the Chuck County Fairgrounds. Thanks for the info!
    Chaos breathes life into routine.

If I may ...

Quote Originally Posted by acommondisaster View Post
    Since Charles County is part of SoMd, King George is just as close to us as the Chuck County Fairgrounds. Thanks for the info!
    Uhhhhh. Actually, from the Charles County Fairgrounds, it is an additional 25 miles to the King George High School. Or, an addition 15 miles from the bridge (toll side). Plus, $6.00 for the bridge toll. But hey, go for it. But why not spend your money locally and support local activities?
    If the military wanted you to have a spouse, or family, they would have issued you one.

Blog Entries
    If I may ...

Southern Marylanders will indeed roll across the bridge to attend this festival. King George is really nice, and this is a good chance to visit and have fun.
    Last edited by vraiblonde; 10-07-2017 at 01:51 AM.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Registered User acommondisaster's Avatar
    If I may ...

Uhhhhh. Actually, from the Charles County Fairgrounds, it is an additional 25 miles to the King George High School. Or, an addition 15 miles from the bridge (toll side). Plus, $6.00 for the bridge toll. But hey, go for it. But why not spend your money locally and support local activities?

Considering I'm directly across the river in Chuck County, KGHS isn't much farther away than the Charles County fairgrounds, so it's all fairly local. And as Vrai pointed out, KG is a nice place to visit - in fact my son and his wife live there. It may not be local to you, but it's good info for some others who live in SoMD.

You see, there are some SoMDer's who don't have hobbit-like tendencies and don't mind an occasional wander away from their neighborhood on a beautiful fall day.
    Chaos breathes life into routine.

If I may ...

I take as much of my money back to my home state as I possible can. If MD didn't elect so many tax crazy POS money hungry politicians, more of my money would stay here. Plus, the clientele of their Walmart doesn't require you to be on constant alert for thuggery and monkeyshines.

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    King George is really nice, and this is a good chance to visit and have fun.
    The King always treats me like family...
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry...

#AryanLivesMatterMost

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    So you're pretty much a fountain of useless stupid.

If I may ...

I stand corrected. For those that live close to KGVA, or are from there, yes, it is worth a visit. Especially if family and friends live there. The road to a friend's house always being short and all that. I do have to agree though, that, those in that part of the country do seem to be much nicer to each other, and visitors.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by acommondisaster View Post

You see, there are some SoMDer's who don't have hobbit-like tendencies and don't mind an occasional wander away from their neighborhood on a beautiful fall day.
    That's one of Monello's and my favorite things to do - jump in the car and go check out the cute little towns. We've found some real treasures that don't get the publicity they deserve.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Members who have read this thread: 48