King George Fall Festival

DeeJay

Administrator
Staff member
Mark your calendar for the 59th Annual King George Fall Festival!

Saturday, October 14, 2017
King George High School
King George, VA

This year's theme is "There's No Place Like Home"! The festivities include a parade in downtown King George and feature a carnival with rides, attractions, games, food, and crafts at KG High School. WFLS 93.3 FM will be broadcasting live, and the KGHS Royal Regiment Marching Band will perform. A fun day for the whole family and a terrific opportunity to enjoy beautiful historic King George! On Sunday, Oct. 15 cheer on our lovely and talented young ladies at the Teen and Miss Pageant at the King George Middle School auditorium.

Click for more information about the festival or to become a Vendor or Volunteer. We'll see you there!

KGFest.jpg

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Uhhhh. I know that the territorial line of Maryland spans across the Potomac to the shores of Virginia, but since when has that area become a part of Southern Maryland to be included in the "Life in Southern Maryland" forum?
I know you the boss and all and can do what you please, but, maybe a different thread?

acommondisaster

If I may ...

Uhhhh. I know that the territorial line of Maryland spans across the Potomac to the shores of Virginia, but since when has that area become a part of Southern Maryland to be included in the "Life in Southern Maryland" forum?
I know you the boss and all and can do what you please, but, maybe a different thread?

Since Charles County is part of SoMd, King George is just as close to us as the Chuck County Fairgrounds. Thanks for the info!

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Since Charles County is part of SoMd, King George is just as close to us as the Chuck County Fairgrounds. Thanks for the info!

Uhhhhh. Actually, from the Charles County Fairgrounds, it is an additional 25 miles to the King George High School. Or, an addition 15 miles from the bridge (toll side). Plus, $6.00 for the bridge toll. But hey, go for it. But why not spend your money locally and support local activities?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
If I may ...

Southern Marylanders will indeed roll across the bridge to attend this festival. King George is really nice, and this is a good chance to visit and have fun.

Last edited:

acommondisaster

If I may ...

Uhhhhh. Actually, from the Charles County Fairgrounds, it is an additional 25 miles to the King George High School. Or, an addition 15 miles from the bridge (toll side). Plus, $6.00 for the bridge toll. But hey, go for it. But why not spend your money locally and support local activities?

Considering I'm directly across the river in Chuck County, KGHS isn't much farther away than the Charles County fairgrounds, so it's all fairly local. And as Vrai pointed out, KG is a nice place to visit - in fact my son and his wife live there. It may not be local to you, but it's good info for some others who live in SoMD.

You see, there are some SoMDer's who don't have hobbit-like tendencies and don't mind an occasional wander away from their neighborhood on a beautiful fall day.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
If I may ...

I take as much of my money back to my home state as I possible can. If MD didn't elect so many tax crazy POS money hungry politicians, more of my money would stay here. Plus, the clientele of their Walmart doesn't require you to be on constant alert for thuggery and monkeyshines.

King George is really nice, and this is a good chance to visit and have fun.

:yeahthat: The King always treats me like family...

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

I stand corrected. For those that live close to KGVA, or are from there, yes, it is worth a visit. Especially if family and friends live there. The road to a friend's house always being short and all that. I do have to agree though, that, those in that part of the country do seem to be much nicer to each other, and visitors.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You see, there are some SoMDer's who don't have hobbit-like tendencies and don't mind an occasional wander away from their neighborhood on a beautiful fall day.

That's one of Monello's and my favorite things to do - jump in the car and go check out the cute little towns. We've found some real treasures that don't get the publicity they deserve.

somers

I think it was good festival. It is a pity that such festivals are not arranged more. I love to frequent and to arrange different events. Recently, for example, I organized a birthday party for my best friend. It was a surprise party she didn't know about. At first, I thought we would have a small meeting, but it turned out to be a big, cool party. We ordered a lot of delicious food, snacks and drinks. I really wanted to have good music at the party. So, I was looking for a place to rent audio equipment. After a long search I found this company truesoundhire.co.uk. I found exactly what I wanted, speakers that they rented gave deep and defined bass frequencies and real low-down sound. We spent amazing time together at this party.

Last edited: