Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 74

Thread: Letís talk truth about black on black crime

  1. #1

    Letís talk truth about black on black crime

    Since everyone immoderately tries to reframe the police brutality discussion to focus on Black on Black crime this should be enlightening for many of you


    ďBoth sociologists and criminologists agree that violent crime is a complex socioeconomic phenomenon. Generally speaking, research shows that poor people commit the most crime: According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, during the period from 2008 through 2012, ďpersons in poor households at or below the federal poverty level (FPL) (39.8 per 1,000) had more than double the rate of violent victimization as persons in high-income households (16.9 per 1,000) ... The overall pattern of poor persons having the highest rates of violent victimization was consistent for both whites and blacks ď

    http://www.theroot.com/why-we-never-...wer-1819092337

  2. #2
    INGSOC GURPS's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Peoples Republic Of Maryland
    Posts
    32,720
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapidus View Post
    According to the FBI’s uniform crime-reporting data for 2016, 90.1 percent of black victims of homicide were killed by other blacks, while 83.5 percent of whites were killed by other whites. While no life is inconsequential, the statistical evidence shows that—just as for blacks when it comes to black-on-black crime—whites are mostly victimized by other whites, with the vast majority of white murders committed by whites. This is because most victims of crime personally know their assailants. And while this is a truth across racial boundaries, no one ever talks about “white-on-white crime.”
    It is a fact that most murders are committed by whites, according to the most recent FBI stats available. It is a fact (at least for 2016 and 2015) that a black man was less likely to commit a violent crime of any kind than a police officer was to kill an unarmed person.
    Because Whites are not rioting and burning entire city blocks down when a black cop shoots a white guy
    Solmi Cop shot an UNARMED White Woman in a Alley

    where are the Riots

    A HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH B
    Last edited by GURPS; 10-05-2017 at 03:50 PM.
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
    - Robert J. Hanlon.

    ďThere is a deeply anti-democratic undercurrent to much of the criticism of the new president, borne aloft by an assumption that democracy is too important to be left to the voters.Ē

    And if a statue can oppress you, then I submit that you have greater issues. - A West.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by GURPS View Post
    Because Whites are not rioting and burning
    Bull

    Stopping trying to spread fake news

    https://mic.com/articles/116680/11-s...like-baltimore

  4. #4
    Awww, jeez Monello's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Canaryville AKA St. Monello
    Posts
    6,970
    Blog Entries
    7
    Can you find data that shows the breakdown along racial lines? Do poor Asians commit crime at the same rate as poor hispanics?

    Perhaps the elements that make people rich/poor are the same attributes that cause them to commit crimes.

    Using crime as a variable is quite broad. Usually the concern is for violent crime where another person is killed or injured. Shoplifting, and similar crimes don't usually involve a coroner or a trip to the ER.
    "Is Uncle Monello homeless?"

    Monello thinks he is king of the forum, now. Just keep that in mind.
    What bad thing did you do?

  5. #5
    Why would you say, "reframe"?

    Which of the two is a black youth more likely to experience - violence at the hands of police - or violence at the hands of another black person, probably from his own neighborhood?

    Would you say it is the second - and by maybe - a factor of ten, twenty? An unarmed black male is about 40 times more likely to be killed by another black male - than by a cop of any color.

    I'd consider that significant. This is akin to creating a whole movement comparing falls in the bath tub to heart attacks. One is a LOT more dangerous than the other.

    The PROBLEM is the image problem and the distrust blacks have of cops of any color, but it has a little to do with blacks committing almost half of all violent crime.

    For example, there's an ongoing image problem with priests, being cast as pedophiles. Ditto teachers. But in reality the pedophile is *far* more likely to be a family member.
    Priests and teachers statistically are on par with the general public in the incidence - but it's because we presume a basic TRUST in such people that we get more upset with it.
    Cops are supposed to protect you. (Cops are also FAR more likely to be killed by a black male than the reverse).

    This is an image problem, this is a community problem. Because it's just not borne out by facts.
    ďInsults are the arguments employed by those who are in the wrong". Jean-Jacques Rousseau

  6. #6
    So according to you Sap..... black on black crime is a socioeconomic thing.

    EVERTHING else that doesn't go the black man's way is racial. Did I get that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gude View Post
    I post stupid #### all the time.

  7. #7
    INGSOC GURPS's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Peoples Republic Of Maryland
    Posts
    32,720
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapidus View Post
    Bull

    Stopping trying to spread fake news





    ah yes .... white people burning cars after a sports event = blacks burning down a Baltimore neighborhood after Freddy Gray or LA after Rodney King

    nice try short bus ... that is bull s hi it
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
    - Robert J. Hanlon.

    ďThere is a deeply anti-democratic undercurrent to much of the criticism of the new president, borne aloft by an assumption that democracy is too important to be left to the voters.Ē

    And if a statue can oppress you, then I submit that you have greater issues. - A West.

  8. #8
    Registered User Midnightrider's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2004
    Location
    NU
    Posts
    11,106
    Quote Originally Posted by GURPS View Post



    ah yes .... white people burning cars after a sports event = blacks burning down a Baltimore neighborhood after Freddy Gray or LA after Rodney King

    nice try short bus ... that is bull s hi it

    How is it different?
    "once in a while you can get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right"-TGD

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnightrider View Post
    How is it different?
    You seem to be missing the point...the real point of GURPS propaganda is to deflect the conversation away from the obvious need to reduce access to weapons of mass destruction.

    Neither GURPS nor any of the other 2a fanatics on here give two sh its about black on black violence. GURPS already posted as much with his "price of freedom" garbage.

    When it is a nutjob white guy slaughtering dozens, it is just the price of freedom. When it is a nutjob with a different skin color or religion slaughtering people, then they scream for expanded gun rights and the need for "good guys with guns" or whatever catch phrase works with the uneducated cultist.

    Just read...the hypocrisy is quite evident and easily identified. It is also easy to track the correlation between what is posted on right wing fringe sites and what is posted here by GURPS...which is then picked up on by the likes of Hijinx, Little Lady, Gilligan and the rest who are to stupid to read the article in GURPS post and too lazy to do a fact check. It is just easier for the weak minded to believe everything they read on the propaganda sites that fit there current politically extremists viewpoint.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by transporter View Post
    You seem to be missing the point...the real point of GURPS propaganda is to deflect the conversation away from the obvious need to reduce access to weapons of mass destruction.

    Neither GURPS nor any of the other 2a fanatics on here give two sh its about black on black violence. GURPS already posted as much with his "price of freedom" garbage.

    When it is a nutjob white guy slaughtering dozens, it is just the price of freedom. When it is a nutjob with a different skin color or religion slaughtering people, then they scream for expanded gun rights and the need for "good guys with guns" or whatever catch phrase works with the uneducated cultist.

    Just read...the hypocrisy is quite evident and easily identified. It is also easy to track the correlation between what is posted on right wing fringe sites and what is posted here by GURPS...which is then picked up on by the likes of Hijinx, Little Lady, Gilligan and the rest who are to stupid to read the article in GURPS post and too lazy to do a fact check. It is just easier for the weak minded to believe everything they read on the propaganda sites that fit there current politically extremists viewpoint.
    All I have to add is that you are nut and half.

    And, you really need to get a grip on propaganda these days. You are falling behind. Do yourself a favor, and throw your existing packets of Kool-Aid out. You are welcome.

    Last edited by littlelady; 10-06-2017 at 12:09 AM.
    ​​Like I said. JMO, yo! - Roman
    If you ignore the trolls, they starve. - Wishbone

Members who have read this thread: 61

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search:     Advanced Search
Search HELP

| Home | Help | Contact Us | About somd.com | Privacy | Advertising | Sponsors | Newsletter |

| What's New | What's Cool | Top Rated | Add A Link | Mod a Link |

| Announcements | Bookstore | Cafe | Calendar | Classifieds | Community |
| Culture | Dating | Dining | Education | Employment | Entertainment |
| Forums | Free E-Mail | Games | Gear! | Government | Guestbook | Health | Marketplace | Mortgage | News |
| Organizations | Photos | Real Estate | Relocation | Sports | Survey | Travel | Wiki | Weather | Worship |