Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 43

Thread: Economy lost more jobs then it created for the first time in 7 years

  1. #31
    INGSOC GURPS's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Peoples Republic Of Maryland
    Posts
    33,830
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapidus View Post
    Actually the fact that Chicago has so much fun crime

    ..... only proves that we need tougher national laws and not state by state laws. Look at how Lax gun laws are in the states that border Chicago.
    lefties always blame the neighboring jurisdictions ......
    How About CRIMINALS are the Problem ...

    More People are beat to death than killed with Fire Arms

    As to your point that nothing would have stopped Las Vegas. It is absolutely untrue. A national database and limits on purchasing certainly would. He bought 33 guns in one year!
    OMG someone bought 33 guns in a year ... that is another pie in the sky deflection
    how many firearms were actually used in the shooting ? 2, 5, 10 ??? one reloaded over and over

    Had anyone been paying attention he would have been flagged
    Double the Vegas shooter PASSED ALL THE BACK GROUND CHECKS ..... putting someone purchasing 33 guns on a Gov Watch List is

    - you cannot stop insane people from doing insane things

    MASS SHOOTINGS HAPPEN IN GUN FREE ZONES - Most of the Time ... so much for banning guns in certain areas

    Kleboid and Harris were prohibited from Owning / Possessing Fires Arms ... how did that turn out
    Weíre tempted to suggest a conspiracy here ó but itís just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply canít conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

  2. #32
    INGSOC GURPS's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Peoples Republic Of Maryland
    Posts
    33,830
    Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post

    There are NATIONS where guns are scarce and people are still killed at a very high rate
    500,000 - 1,000,000 Rwandans were slaughtered in 2 months mostly with machetes
    how many do Islamist slaughter every day

    you cannot stop evil people unarmed
    Weíre tempted to suggest a conspiracy here ó but itís just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply canít conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

  3. #33
    Visualize whirled peas Merlin99's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2006
    Location
    California, MD
    Posts
    13,028
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapidus View Post
    Actually the fact that Chicago has so much fun crime only proves that we need tougher national laws and not state by state laws. Look at how Lax gun laws are in the states that border Chicago.

    As to your point that nothing would have stopped Las Vegas. It is absolutely untrue. A national database and limits on purchasing certainly would. He bought 33 guns in one year! Had anyone been paying attention he would have been flagged
    How many guns did he use? He would have had the same count if he'd only brought 4.
    ‎"I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake"

  4. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapidus View Post
    Yeah that dumb Obama. He really screwed up the economy. Jeez. You will blame a black man for anything wonít you?

    He was president during one of the longest stretchs of economic growth our country has seen and pulled us out of a horrible recession.

    The economy under Trump has just continued in the same way. The stock market has done well as Trump plans to decrease regulation and is pro business but to say it floundered under Obama is an absolute lie.
    And you claim Trump and Pence want to divide us, while you see EVERYTHING from a prism of race.

    First of all, I blame Bush and the democrat congress of that time for the recession. I'm not going to go into the details of that for the sake of trying to keep this somewhat pithy.

    Secondly, I don't give a damn what color the president is; I don't think any president (black, white, brown, or yellow) would have been prepared to deal with the economic mess. But Obama chose to focus on healthcare as his priority rather than the recession; and now we're dealing a floundering economy and a failed healthcare law. It's not hard to have a long economic growth-span when the economy was at its rock-bottom. It really didn't have anywhere else to go but up, after the crash. And if you read my post accurately (which it seems you didn't), I didn't give anything that Trump has actually done to credit this uptick in the economy; except being elected. Once he can get any of his plans put into action, then we can pay more credit to him. Until then, I am speculative. At this point I'm likely to put more blame on congress in terms of getting anything done.
    "Never let the old man in." - Clint Eastwood quoting an old friend

  5. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by PsyOps View Post
    And you claim Trump and Pence want to divide us, while you see EVERYTHING from a prism of race.

    First of all, I blame Bush and the democrat congress of that time for the recession. I'm not going to go into the details of that for the sake of trying to keep this somewhat pithy.

    Secondly, I don't give a damn what color the president is; I don't think any president (black, white, brown, or yellow) would have been prepared to deal with the economic mess. But Obama chose to focus on healthcare as his priority rather than the recession; and now we're dealing a floundering economy and a failed healthcare law. It's not hard to have a long economic growth-span when the economy was at its rock-bottom. It really didn't have anywhere else to go but up, after the crash. And if you read my post accurately (which it seems you didn't), I didn't give anything that Trump has actually done to credit this uptick in the economy; except being elected. Once he can get any of his plans put into action, then we can pay more credit to him. Until then, I am speculative. At this point I'm likely to put more blame on congress in terms of getting anything done.
    So which is it? floundering economy or a long economic grow span?

    I thought everything was going winningly under Trump and that business was booming and stocks were soaring?

    Get your stories straight and stop arguing everything just to argue.

    All you do is bitch and moan with no facts or info to back anything up.

    Who cares how you feel about Obama's policies. He was able to do both things. The economic resurgence and health care Bringing health care to as many people as possible is a great thing. It's only been hampered by republican opposition to anything that would make it a success. Trump has failed bigly and repeatedly to do anything even remotely as significant and the republican attempts have all floundered because they are crappy imitations that pay lip service to helping people and enrich the companies.

    Oh BTW do you have flood insurance on that island of yours?

  6. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapidus View Post
    So which is it? floundering economy or a long economic grow span?

    I thought everything was going winningly under Trump and that business was booming and stocks were soaring?

    Get your stories straight and stop arguing everything just to argue.

    All you do is bitch and moan with no facts or info to back anything up.

    Who cares how you feel about Obama's policies. He was able to do both things. The economic resurgence and health care Bringing health care to as many people as possible is a great thing. It's only been hampered by republican opposition to anything that would make it a success. Trump has failed bigly and repeatedly to do anything even remotely as significant and the republican attempts have all floundered because they are crappy imitations that pay lip service to helping people and enrich the companies.

    Oh BTW do you have flood insurance on that island of yours?
    Economic growth has floundered for over a decade. Trump has been in office for a little over 8 months. Since he's been in office the stock market has hit records highs over 50 times. The rest will react (positively or negatively) once this congress gets off their dead asses and do what they were elected to do - repeal Obamacare, lower taxes, get a deficit neutral budget, policy that encourages job growth. Unless these things happen, our economy will continue to suffer. I will most certainly blame Trump for lacking the leadership to get it done, but I will blame congress more for failing to do what they were elected to do. I have been consistent on this.

    You fail to see how Obamacare has hurt Americans. It is imploding. It is unsustainable. The only thing it did was force people to buy something they really didn't want. It wasn't a healthcare law, it was a health insurance law. It did nothing to make healthcare affordable; as a matter of fact healthcare continued to skyrocket while health insurance premiums and deductables became unaffordable. And who suffered the most? The middle class; those people you liberals claim to love. Obamacare was nothing more than a stepping-stone to single payer. Obamacare is one of the main reason you liberals lost so horribly the past 3 elections.

    In the end, both democrats and republicans have done the American people a huge disservice. It's too early for Trump at this point. He is still subject to the will of the congress to get anything done. But both parties suck and we all better wake up to that and start moving away from establishment-style politics and start getting outsiders like Trump in there that represent our views.
    "Never let the old man in." - Clint Eastwood quoting an old friend

  7. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapidus View Post

    Oh BTW do you have flood insurance on that island of yours?
    Psy lives on an island?
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

  8. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by sapidus View Post
    all you do is bitch and moan with no facts or info to back anything up.
    lmao!!!
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

  9. #39
    INGSOC GURPS's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Peoples Republic Of Maryland
    Posts
    33,830
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapidus View Post

    Get your stories straight and stop arguing everything just to argue.

    All you do is bitch and moan with no facts or info to back anything up.


    did you type this with a straight face
    Weíre tempted to suggest a conspiracy here ó but itís just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply canít conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

  10. #40
    INGSOC GURPS's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Peoples Republic Of Maryland
    Posts
    33,830
    Quote Originally Posted by PsyOps View Post

    You fail to see how Obamacare has hurt Americans. It is imploding. It is unsustainable. The only thing it did was force people to buy something they really didn't want. It wasn't a healthcare law, it was a health insurance law. It did nothing to make healthcare affordable; as a matter of fact healthcare continued to skyrocket while health insurance premiums and deductables became unaffordable. And who suffered the most? The middle class; those people you liberals claim to love. Obamacare was nothing more than a stepping-stone to single payer. Obamacare is one of the main reason you liberals lost so horribly the past 3 elections.

    ... those that do need to purchase have to pay for services they will never use just to put more money in the pool to subsidize others
    Weíre tempted to suggest a conspiracy here ó but itís just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply canít conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

Members who have read this thread: 60

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search:     Advanced Search
Search HELP

| Home | Help | Contact Us | About somd.com | Privacy | Advertising | Sponsors | Newsletter |

| What's New | What's Cool | Top Rated | Add A Link | Mod a Link |

| Announcements | Bookstore | Cafe | Calendar | Classifieds | Community |
| Culture | Dating | Dining | Education | Employment | Entertainment |
| Forums | Free E-Mail | Games | Gear! | Government | Guestbook | Health | Marketplace | Mortgage | News |
| Organizations | Photos | Real Estate | Relocation | Sports | Survey | Travel | Wiki | Weather | Worship |