Economy lost more jobs then it created for the first time in 7 years

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
:yawn:

"In short, this single-month drop in payrolls should be temporary, doesn't appear to be indicative of a broader economic slowdown, and will likely reverse next month," said Jim Baird, the chief investment officer for Plante Moran Financial Advisors.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
But why didn’t happen under Obama? Wouldn’t he have had one slow month? Given how incompetent you believe him to have been?

Because Barry oversaw the the longest and slowest recovery from a recession since before WWII. Barry owns all the records. Bad ones, yes, but...

BTW..what record-breaking hurricanes hit the US back-to-back during the Child King's reign?

Hijinx

Because Barry oversaw the the longest and slowest recovery from a recession since before WWII. Barry owns all the records. Bad ones, yes, but...

BTW..what record-breaking hurricanes hit the US back-to-back during the Child King's reign?

Only Sap could see one month as a trend.

transporter

I wonder what’s different?

Didn’t we have hurricanes when Obama was president?

http://www.businessinsider.com/jobs-report-september-2017-10

That's not very intelligent.

First, why don't you go read the report from the source. They actually discuss the impact of the two hurricanes: https://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.nr0.htm

As for hurricanes in the past, of course we've had hurricanes and all sorts of natural disasters. But the timing of these two and the size of these two directly impacted the report. Much of TX was down and almost all of FL were essentially out of business during the survey period.

Again, not that hard to understand---if you make an effort to understand.

transporter

You aren't very bright either. No real sense in trying to explain anything to you as you have a allergic reaction every time you come within a 10 mile radius of facts.

transporter

PS. Not that any of you Mensa candidates will know or likely even care. This month's report will be revised twice. The final number won't be official till December.

littlelady

God bless the USA
PS. Not that any of you Mensa candidates will know or likely even care. This month's report will be revised twice. The final number won't be official till December.

I have read your 48 posts, over time. And, I was just wondering where you want to transport US to? Do you, by chance, know LibertyBeacon? :smile:

Rommey

Didn’t we have hurricanes when Obama was president?
Yep, but no major hurricanes. Only Hurricane Sandy caused significant damage in terms of dollars, but not on the job market...
President Barack Obama was the longest-serving president in U.S. history to have no major hurricanes strike the continental U.S. during his term of office, according to data published by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.

Tuesday marks an unprecedented 11 years and three months since a major hurricane, defined as a Category 3 or above on the Saffir-Simpson Hurricane Wind Scale, made landfall in the U.S.

The last major hurricane to do so was Hurricane Wilma on Oct. 24, 2005 under President George W. Bush.

In the eight years between Inauguration Day 2009, when Obama was first sworn-in as the nation’s 44th president, and Inauguration Day 2017, when he relinquished the presidency to his successor, Donald Trump, no major hurricanes have made landfall in the U.S., according to data from the NOAA’s Hurricane Research Division going back to 1851.
link

littlelady

God bless the USA
Yep, but no major hurricanes. Only Hurricane Sandy caused significant damage in terms of dollars, but not on the job market...

It is amazing how hurricanes have become political. Disgusting. I was born and raised in NOLA, and lived through Betsy and Camille; not to mention my time in Mobile, and the hurricanes one of my bros has endured in TX. I am sick of cry babies. I am a survivor.

littlelady

God bless the USA
That's not very intelligent.

First, why don't you go read the report from the source. They actually discuss the impact of the two hurricanes: https://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.nr0.htm

As for hurricanes in the past, of course we've had hurricanes and all sorts of natural disasters. But the timing of these two and the size of these two directly impacted the report. Much of TX was down and almost all of FL were essentially out of business during the survey period.

Again, not that hard to understand---if you make an effort to understand.

Well, we know now you are not Sapidus. But, I said in another thread that I know who your are. And, yes, hurricanes are devastating. I have lived through weeks of no power in my time in the South under those circumstances. I can't even imagine what PR is going through. But, I do have a question. Why is PR one of our territories? I never paid attention to that, and need to look it up.

I looked it up. Here is my bing search.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=why+i...21670D95D14D3B8A805F1C49042281&FORM=QBLH&sp=2

Last edited:

transporter

I have read your 48 posts, over time. And, I was just wondering where you want to transport US to? Do you, by chance, know LibertyBeacon? :smile:

That's pretty easy.

We need to bring this country back to the center.

You and your right wing cronies on here think that yours is the ONLY position. You are wrong. You think everyone who doesn't look, speak and pray like you do are Un-American. You are WRONG.

Trump is a disaster...anybody with common sense and a grounded outlook can see that. Since none of you possess any common sense or seem to possess the ability to think, Trump is your hero. He doesn't understand the history or founding of this country any more than you do (your personal level of knowledge is atrocious).

You all think CNN and MSNBC are "fake" but quote sources (GURPS) and articles that are easily proven false, misleading or seriously out of context. That you can point to a left wing source that does the same thing does not make your quoting of propagandist right wing sources correct or appropriate.

We have significant problems in this country. You idiots are too busy staring at whatever shiny object Trump holds in his hand. (Just look at the shooting in Las Vegas. 59 people died. Are you all discussing ways to alleviate this issue? No. You all immediately start talking about how many back people are shot in Chicago...as if that somehow justifies a white guy slaughtering people.) We need to reform Medicare and Medicaid. We need to reform Social Security. We need to place governors on these fast becoming monopolies (think Amazon, Google, etc.). We need to rebuild our standing in the world. We need to do something about opiods and inner city unemployment. We need to fix our budget issues (and no JUST cutting taxes will NOT solve the problem, nor does JUST cutting taxes for the wealthy spur overall growth).

We have significant problems. None of them are being solved because we have an incompetent narcissist in the White House. The man has no idea what he is doing. He has no idea how to speak. He doesn't give a sh* t about you or anyone else. The Presidency to him is nothing more than a marketing campaign for his hotels and golf courses.

Where do I want to transport us to? To a point where our leaders do two things; 1. lead and 2. work together to solve the problems that face us.

That will never happen as long as we have an electorate infested with weak minded individuals like the ones on here.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
We have significant problems. None of them were being solved because for 8 long years we had an incompetent narcissist in the White House. The man had no idea what he was doing. He had no idea how to speak. He didn'tt give a sh* t about you or anyone else. The Presidency to him was nothing more than a marketing campaign for his Marxist ideals.

Inorite?? Thank goodness the Child King is gone, eh sugar britches? Our 8-year nightmare ended.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Why are we so fixated on finding anything to support our thinking, regardless of the larger facts? We are still struggling to rebound from the economic collapse in 2008. What led up to this collapse is far too complicated to place blame anywhere, and should be more accurately placed on our federal government in general. Although Obama was a senator when it happened, he inherited the mess, and was ill-prepared to deal with it. Actually, his actions in pushing healthcare reform first, rather than address the economic crisis, was a clear message to me that the recession wasn't all that important to him.

The overall economy has responded positively to Trump's election. Nearly every economic marker has spiked up. This solely on the premise of speculation that Trump will lower taxes, reduce spending, and drain the swamp that has corrupted our government that has led to our economic demise. So, I wouldn't view anything, positive or negative, as having any tangible evidence to what's really happening with our economy. The GOP (being in the majority) need to get things done and stop the bickering, or our economy will flounder, as it did under Obama.

transporter

[
QUOTE=PsyOps;5813149]Why are we so fixated on finding anything to support our thinking, regardless of the larger facts? We are still struggling to rebound from the economic collapse in 2008.

Every indicator shows we recovered a long time ago. (look up the differences between recovery and expansion)

What led up to this collapse is far too complicated to place blame anywhere, and should be more accurately placed on our federal government in general.

Wrong. The causes are now well known. They just are well distributed in the right wing echo chamber because blaming the crisis on the CRA was quickly proven false. "Blaming it on the federal government in general" is wholly incorrect.

Although Obama was a senator when it happened, he inherited the mess, and was ill-prepared to deal with it.
Obama's inexperience is a valid point. Trump has less experience. If you think Obama was ill prepared, then what is Trump?

Actually, his actions in pushing healthcare reform first, rather than address the economic crisis, was a clear message to me that the recession wasn't all that important to him.

The stimulus package meant to arrest the economic fall was passed on Feb 17, 2009. The ACA wasn't passed until 2010. So you are factually incorrect.

The overall economy has responded positively to Trump's election.Nearly every economic marker has spiked up.
False. Stop reading VRai's posts and read the actual govt releases. It isn't difficult to find the actual information. Go look it up.

GDP measures are lower now than they were in 2015. The general trajectory is no different than it has been for the last 5+ years with growth running at about 2%. Employment gains are the lowest YTD (and have been) since 2012. Inflation is stagnant. Optimism IS higher. But Trump and his admin have done nothing to support that optimism. Infrastructure spending has failed to go anywhere. Why? Really for no other reason than Trump is a horrible manager who surrounded himself with horrible choices (on the few he has bothered to make).

Infrastructure should have been the first thing he did out of the gate. EVERYONE agrees on infrastructure spending. But no, Trump was too worried about crowd sizes and toilet tweeting.

Tax reform? Here again, no leadership. It's October for Christ sake. Where the F*** is it? We have one party control. (Of course, the elementary level outline that has been put forth has no details and simply pushes off everything on Congress. Trump has no clue, no ideas and has offered no actual ideas.)

Health Care reform: Fail

Immigration reform: Fail to incomplete

Entitlement reform: No attempt

This solely on the premise of speculation that Trump will lower taxes, reduce spending, and drain the swamp that has corrupted our government that has led to our economic demise.

More on lowering taxes. Are you not bright enough to see the bigger picture? Tax cuts will only drive the deficit higher. Aren't all you far right wing types anti-debt? Cutting taxes won't fix our problem with health care costs for the elderly or our robust defense spending.

Come on, Trump never said he was going to reduce spending. You have to be a dullard to think he would actually reduce spending.

Drain the swamp? You all still fall for that? Trump sees the Presidency as nothing but a marketing tool for his hotels, his wine, his daughter's clothing line, his in-laws condo projects. He travels to Bedminster NJ on AF1 for a round of golf on Saturday afternoon, then flys back to DC for Sat night and back to NJ Sunday am. He spent all of Dec at Mar-a-lago then doubles the annual dues? His entire cabinet (those few he has actually bothered to fill) jet around the world on private gulfstreams on YOUR dime.

Drain the swamp! Trump IS the swamp.

So, I wouldn't view anything, positive or negative, as having any tangible evidence to what's really happening with our economy.
WTF does that even mean?

The GOP (being in the majority) need to get things done and stop the bickering, or our economy will flounder, as it did under Obama.

That's really stupid and displays an amazing lacking of knowledge. Again, pull your head out of the right wing echo chamber and look around. There is a whole world of actual information out there.

So if the economy foundered under Obama, what did it do under G.W. Bush? What did it do under Carter? What did it do under Nixon? Now compare those examples to Reagan and Clinton?

transporter

Well, we know now you are not Sapidus. But, I said in another thread that I know who your are. And, yes, hurricanes are devastating. I have lived through weeks of no power in my time in the South under those circumstances. I can't even imagine what PR is going through. But, I do have a question. Why is PR one of our territories? I never paid attention to that, and need to look it up.

I looked it up. Here is my bing search.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=why+i...21670D95D14D3B8A805F1C49042281&FORM=QBLH&sp=2

You did a bing search? Good for you, baby steps. Did you read any of the articles or just look at the pictures?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
[

Every indicator shows we recovered a long time ago. (look up the differences between recovery and expansion)

Wrong. The causes are now well known. They just are well distributed in the right wing echo chamber because blaming the crisis on the CRA was quickly proven false. "Blaming it on the federal government in general" is wholly incorrect.

Obama's inexperience is a valid point. Trump has less experience. If you think Obama was ill prepared, then what is Trump?

The stimulus package meant to arrest the economic fall was passed on Feb 17, 2009. The ACA wasn't passed until 2010. So you are factually incorrect.

False. Stop reading VRai's posts and read the actual govt releases. It isn't difficult to find the actual information. Go look it up.

GDP measures are lower now than they were in 2015. The general trajectory is no different than it has been for the last 5+ years with growth running at about 2%. Employment gains are the lowest YTD (and have been) since 2012. Inflation is stagnant. Optimism IS higher. But Trump and his admin have done nothing to support that optimism. Infrastructure spending has failed to go anywhere. Why? Really for no other reason than Trump is a horrible manager who surrounded himself with horrible choices (on the few he has bothered to make).

Infrastructure should have been the first thing he did out of the gate. EVERYONE agrees on infrastructure spending. But no, Trump was too worried about crowd sizes and toilet tweeting.

Tax reform? Here again, no leadership. It's October for Christ sake. Where the F*** is it? We have one party control. (Of course, the elementary level outline that has been put forth has no details and simply pushes off everything on Congress. Trump has no clue, no ideas and has offered no actual ideas.)

Health Care reform: Fail

Immigration reform: Fail to incomplete

Entitlement reform: No attempt

More on lowering taxes. Are you not bright enough to see the bigger picture? Tax cuts will only drive the deficit higher. Aren't all you far right wing types anti-debt? Cutting taxes won't fix our problem with health care costs for the elderly or our robust defense spending.

Come on, Trump never said he was going to reduce spending. You have to be a dullard to think he would actually reduce spending.

Drain the swamp? You all still fall for that? Trump sees the Presidency as nothing but a marketing tool for his hotels, his wine, his daughter's clothing line, his in-laws condo projects. He travels to Bedminster NJ on AF1 for a round of golf on Saturday afternoon, then flys back to DC for Sat night and back to NJ Sunday am. He spent all of Dec at Mar-a-lago then doubles the annual dues? His entire cabinet (those few he has actually bothered to fill) jet around the world on private gulfstreams on YOUR dime.

Drain the swamp! Trump IS the swamp.

WTF does that even mean?

That's really stupid and displays an amazing lacking of knowledge. Again, pull your head out of the right wing echo chamber and look around. There is a whole world of actual information out there.

So if the economy foundered under Obama, what did it do under G.W. Bush? What did it do under Carter? What did it do under Nixon? Now compare those examples to Reagan and Clinton?

So much wasted time..so much fail.