Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Pence walks out on NFL. PR stunt costs taxpayers $250,000

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0nllyn View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	maxresdefault.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	64.1 KB 
ID:	120125
    ..and THEN..they stood for the national anthem.
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

2. 10-09-2017, 10:47 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0nllyn View Post

Name:	maxresdefault.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	64.1 KB 
ID:	120125
    That was "BEFORE" the playing of the National Anthem, not during, correct?

Lurking in the background in flat, humid Fl
    Correct. If they can do what they want publically before the anthem, then Pence can do what he wants to after the anthem. Equal rights, correct?
    “The truth will set you free, but first it will make you miserable.” - President James A. Garfield

Quote Originally Posted by b23hqb View Post
    Perhaps the owner of Jerry World has seen the light:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...tional-anthem/
    Patriotic fans are leading them to that light..Yay!
    "If you think they are going to give you your country back without a fight, you are sadly mistaken"

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin99 View Post
    What's your actual thoughts on this display? Mine is it's akin to proudly stating your atheism while your hosts are saying grace. I find it to be extremely rude to be disrespectful to publicly mock something that so many people hold in high esteem.
    I think it is perfectly fine and well within their first amendment rights.

The first two times Colin did it he sat on the bench. He then met with a veteran who encouraged him to kneel to show respect to the flag while also showing his displeasure at police violence. It’s not mocking and the people kneeling are still showing respect while protesting police violence.

People get mad when blacks march, when BLM protests, when players kneel. People got mad when blacks sat on the bus, sat at lunch counters. Why don’t you tell black people how and when they should protest if you think you have all the answers.

7. 10-09-2017, 10:53 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin99 View Post
    What's your actual thoughts on this display? Mine is it's akin to proudly stating your atheism while your hosts are saying grace. I find it to be extremely rude to be disrespectful to publicly mock something that so many people hold in high esteem.
    MY thoughts are that if you're ignorant of the fact that your words or actions are deeply offensive to someone - once it's known to you that it IS - the onus is on you whether you do it again.

If you do or say something deeply offensive to say, someone's religion - if you KEEP DOING IT, THAT I can't overlook.
    I have a good friend who is a little short - and I used to make comments in what I thought was a friendly way to tease him about it.
    He mentioned to me that it bothered him. Twenty years on, I've never done it again.

As someone observed - if you step on my foot, you might have made a mistake and it can be dismissed.
    If you KEEP STEPPING ON MY FOOT, I can't forgive it, because you KNOW it offends and choose to do it.

I keep hearing how the players are saying that you don't understand what we feel and think -
    And it goes both ways - if you can't bring yourself to understand how this offends others, don't expect anyone to try to understand you.
    Insults are the arguments employed by those who are in the wrong". Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Quote Originally Posted by black dog View Post
    I get President Trumps Tweets, Somehow I missed all these Tweets you speak off. Please post these Tweets you speak of....
    And VP Pence going has been planned since May right after it was announced that Paytons number was being retired..
    Its not like VP Pence is not connected to Indiana...
    So it’s been planned since May.

Trump says in his tweet “I told him to leave if the kneeled.”

He knew ahead of time they would kneel.

He flew there that day.

Using logic it is clear that it was a preplanned PR stunt and a waste of tax payer money

Quote Originally Posted by Sapidus View Post
    People get mad when blacks march, when BLM protests .....

Blacks can March all the want ......

this is not the result of marching ....

Name:	ferguson-riots--fi_3116894c.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	37.8 KB 
ID:	120126
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
    - Robert J. Hanlon.

“There is a deeply anti-democratic undercurrent to much of the criticism of the new president, borne aloft by an assumption that democracy is too important to be left to the voters.”

And if a statue can oppress you, then I submit that you have greater issues. - A West.

Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post
    MY thoughts are that if you're ignorant of the fact that your words or actions are deeply offensive to someone - once it's known to you that it IS - the onus is on you whether you do it again.

If you do or say something deeply offensive to say, someone's religion - if you KEEP DOING IT, THAT I can't overlook.
    I have a good friend who is a little short - and I used to make comments in what I thought was a friendly way to tease him about it.
    He mentioned to me that it bothered him. Twenty years on, I've never done it again.

As someone observed - if you step on my foot, you might have made a mistake and it can be dismissed.
    If you KEEP STEPPING ON MY FOOT, I can't forgive it, because you KNOW it offends and choose to do it.

I keep hearing how the players are saying that you don't understand what we feel and think -
    And it goes both ways - if you can't bring yourself to understand how this offends others, don't expect anyone to try to understand you.
    Ok well using your logic blacks are saying it’s disrespectful the way we are treated by police.

Yet you and many Americans have no problem ignoring that. Despite dashcam, video and other overwhelming evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapidus View Post
    He knew ahead of time they would kneel.
    He did?
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

Members who have read this thread: 80