Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Pence walks out on NFL. PR stunt costs taxpayers $250,000

Pence walks out on NFL. PR stunt costs taxpayers $250,000

Pence’s stupid PR stunt cost us at least $250,000. Is this what we want our politicians spending our money on ?

He also used a photo of him and his wife from 3 years ago at a game showing it was all for publicity

Why are Trump and Pence trying to divide America?

https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...estrated-trump
    Last edited by Sapidus; 10-09-2017 at 12:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapidus View Post
    Pence’s stupid PR stunt cost us at least $250,000. Is this what we want our politicians eating our money on ?

He also used a photo of him and his wife from 3 years ago at a game showing it was all for show.

Why are Trump and Pence trying to divide America?

https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...estrated-trump
    Caring for the wounded shot in LA, Chicago and Baltimore this weekend will cost millions. So what's your point?

That's what black football players should work on.....just sayin'
    When you lie down with dogs, you're going to get fleas....

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    How is it that you don't see how crazy you sound when you do this?

Quote Originally Posted by Bird Dog View Post
    Caring for the wounded shot in LA, Chicago and Baltimore this weekend will cost millions. So what's your point?

That's what black football players should work on.....just sayin'

Just the black players? Hmmm.

That’s like saying famine in Africa is happening we shouldn’t focus on anything else. What a stupid way to think

Kapernick has donated a million dollars to communities in need. While Trump and co continue to stir racial tensions.
    Last edited by Sapidus; 10-08-2017 at 11:54 PM.

So you are saying that Pence cannot decide where he wants to go? Me, I'll gladly see that 250K spent demonstrating to the kneeling players and NFL League and team owners what so many millions of Americans think of their display. Not going to watch it, and not happy about them doing it. If their bosses think that Americans want to see that, then I think American football watchers will show the owners that.

If the owners cant grasp whats FA protected speech and what isnt, maybe a few hundreds of million in lost revenue will. The players want to buy time and demonstrate whatever they want, that's their right. The owners want to let the players use the time they and the league bought to demonstrate, again, thier right. Consumers have the right to turn away. I saw where someone tired to make the case they they are not disrespecting the anthem and flag. Fine, then kneel during the team introductions. Of trot your happy asses out at halftime. But no, they won't, because they are protesting the country.
    "I aim to misbehave."

Hell, the title just caught my eye, shouldn't it read "Pence's First Amendment Speech praticed during players non-FA speech"? Or maybe "Duelling PR stunts at Sundays game"?
    "I aim to misbehave."

The NFL seems unable or unwilling to tell these idiots they hire to beat at one another during the game to respect the people who pay their salaries.
    That's fine with me, I won't watch them.

VP Pence left when the players took to their knees.Great.
    I wish the whole stadium had left.

Money well spent.
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

Itdidn't cost anything. Pence was going to be there anyway, leaving did not add a dime.

You people are dumb. The man went to a football game and left because he doesn't believe NFL players should be protesting during the National Anthem. Had the Jackasses not kneeled down he would have enjoyed the game. The players cost the tax payer 250K, not Pence! Prove to me that he would have left if the players had not kneeled down,,,,YOU CANT, there is NO PROOF

Quote Originally Posted by Sapidus View Post
    Pence’s stupid PR stunt
    Oh Were YOU there in the White House When Trump Planed this Out ?

I didn't think so .... all you got his SPECULATION
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
    - Robert J. Hanlon.

“There is a deeply anti-democratic undercurrent to much of the criticism of the new president, borne aloft by an assumption that democracy is too important to be left to the voters.”

And if a statue can oppress you, then I submit that you have greater issues. - A West.

Members who have read this thread: 80