Pence walks out on NFL. PR stunt costs taxpayers $250,000

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Pence’s stupid PR stunt cost us at least $250,000. Is this what we want our politicians eating our money on ?

He also used a photo of him and his wife from 3 years ago at a game showing it was all for show.

Why are Trump and Pence trying to divide America?

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2...-nfl-game-slammed-pr-stunt-orchestrated-trump

Caring for the wounded shot in LA, Chicago and Baltimore this weekend will cost millions. So what's your point?

That's what black football players should work on.....just sayin'

Sapidus

Caring for the wounded shot in LA, Chicago and Baltimore this weekend will cost millions. So what's your point?

That's what black football players should work on.....just sayin'

Just the black players? Hmmm.

That’s like saying famine in Africa is happening we shouldn’t focus on anything else. What a stupid way to think

Kapernick has donated a million dollars to communities in need. While Trump and co continue to stir racial tensions.

Last edited:

glhs837

Power with Control
So you are saying that Pence cannot decide where he wants to go? Me, I'll gladly see that 250K spent demonstrating to the kneeling players and NFL League and team owners what so many millions of Americans think of their display. Not going to watch it, and not happy about them doing it. If their bosses think that Americans want to see that, then I think American football watchers will show the owners that.

If the owners cant grasp whats FA protected speech and what isnt, maybe a few hundreds of million in lost revenue will. The players want to buy time and demonstrate whatever they want, that's their right. The owners want to let the players use the time they and the league bought to demonstrate, again, thier right. Consumers have the right to turn away. I saw where someone tired to make the case they they are not disrespecting the anthem and flag. Fine, then kneel during the team introductions. Of trot your happy asses out at halftime. But no, they won't, because they are protesting the country.

glhs837

Power with Control
Hell, the title just caught my eye, shouldn't it read "Pence's First Amendment Speech praticed during players non-FA speech"? Or maybe "Duelling PR stunts at Sundays game"?

Hijinx

The NFL seems unable or unwilling to tell these idiots they hire to beat at one another during the game to respect the people who pay their salaries.
That's fine with me, I won't watch them.

VP Pence left when the players took to their knees.Great.
I wish the whole stadium had left.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Itdidn't cost anything. Pence was going to be there anyway, leaving did not add a dime.

baxter

You people are dumb. The man went to a football game and left because he doesn't believe NFL players should be protesting during the National Anthem. Had the Jackasses not kneeled down he would have enjoyed the game. The players cost the tax payer 250K, not Pence! Prove to me that he would have left if the players had not kneeled down,,,,YOU CANT, there is NO PROOF

Hijinx

Tit for tat.

The players came up with this stupid stunt to back a half white a-wipe who got laid by a black Muslim girl and went psycho over a piece of ass.
Talk about stupid stunts. They all back this mouthy turd that couldn't make the cut.
I hope it costs them big time.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
$250k well spent. :yay:

You hypocrite prog haters just can't seem to get it through your thick ignorant skulls, can you?

Sapidus

It’s unreal how hypocritical you people are.

You complain about every penny the government spends of your tax dollars but don’t mind them spending money on a stupid PR move.

So pathetic

Sapidus

Still waiting for the minuets of the meeting you sat in on, where Trump planed all this out ........ otherwise quit talking out of your ass

Yes, Yes You Are ........

As I said. See Trumps tweets where he said they planned it ahead of time. See Pence’s Tweet where he used a picture from 3 years ago. And see the linked article.

Why do you think it’s ok for the VP
To protest by walking out but not for the players to protest by kneeling?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

Because only one of those parties was openly disrespecting flag and country?

Just spitballin'....

Chris0nllyn

You people are dumb. The man went to a football game and left because he doesn't believe NFL players should be protesting during the National Anthem. Had the Jackasses not kneeled down he would have enjoyed the game. The players cost the tax payer 250K, not Pence! Prove to me that he would have left if the players had not kneeled down,,,,YOU CANT, there is NO PROOF

I could see if this was the first game they did that, but no one is surprised they kneeled at this point.

He was better off not buying the ticket and simply not going than going and acting all surprised players kneeled.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
See Trumps tweets where he said they planned it ahead of time.

Link ?

the only tweet I saw was Trump asking Pence to leave if the keeled

You Really Have Not Been Paying Attention To Anything Said Have You .... :shrug:

.... because people PAY 100's or 1000's a year to watch PLAYERS Play ... not protest

- However as long as their employers are ok with the protesting Fans will vote with their wallets

- trying standing in your employers dining area at McDonald's shouting out Black Lives Matter and see how long you stay employed

Last edited: