Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SMECO smart meter installation - BEWARE!

Quote Originally Posted by black dog View Post
    We have had them out here for a few years now, I haven't had any issues with any of the ones I pay for.
    Got ours middle of last month, wife says nothing odd on the last bill, but we'll keep an eye out.
    "I aim to misbehave."

Is your real name Chuck???????????/ LMAO........spreadsheets......really....

If I may ...

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0nllyn View Post
    Curious, what other things do you think smart meters can send out?
    I pay SMECO's extortion fee as well to keep my old analog meter. Those so called smart meters transmit constantly, all day long. They, SMECO, and who ever else they give, or sell, or forced to by law enforcement, the information to, will be able to ascertain when you leave your home and when you return. What type and kind of appliances you have in your home. When they come on and when they turn off. Over time, by measuring the amperage of any given device in your home, will be able to figure out what that device is. Be it a refrigerator, bathroom fan, computer etc. Eventually, they will pretty much know the quantity and what kind every device is in your home. Is essence it is a spy meter. Also, it is also possible, with the right firmware installed, for it to capture and transmit any signals that might travel through the wiring in your house. Like, did you know, that a speaker at rest, will vibrate and produce an audio signal that could back feed into your house electrical wiring? A very small electrical charge, yes, but, still possible to intercept and interpret. In addition to other signals, say, from your desktop computer that is plugged directly into the wall.

As far as SMECO being customer owned? I think that trained left long ago. Maybe in theory, but in practice its nothing more than another corporation looking out for themselves and to milk their customer for all they can.
    If the military wanted you to have a spouse, or family, they would have issued you one.

Where'd I put my tin foil hat? LR needs it much more than I do.
    "It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob."
    The Brain

If I may ...

Quote Originally Posted by GWguy View Post
    Where'd I put my tin foil hat? LR needs it much more than I do.
    No ... just very cautious and extremely untrusting of things thrust upon me under the guise of saving money, that are also to "help" do whatever magical things a computing wireless transmitting device attached to my home, sending an unknown quantity of data, to places unknown, secured by unknown means, with access by who knows who, with specially written software algorithms to parse the data into quantifiable and with personally identifiable results, by someone I do not know, who says it will be for my benefit, claims to provide. Go ahead and blindly accept their reasoning and explanations. Be the sheep that you are. Sheeps are easily corralled and easy pickings for shearing, as well as slaughter.
    If the military wanted you to have a spouse, or family, they would have issued you one.

Quote Originally Posted by LightRoasted View Post
    If I may ...

I pay SMECO's extortion fee as well to keep my old analog meter. Those so called smart meters transmit constantly, all day long. They, SMECO, and who ever else they give, or sell, or forced to by law enforcement, the information to, will be able to ascertain when you leave your home and when you return. What type and kind of appliances you have in your home. When they come on and when they turn off. Over time, by measuring the amperage of any given device in your home, will be able to figure out what that device is. Be it a refrigerator, bathroom fan, computer etc. Eventually, they will pretty much know the quantity and what kind every device is in your home. Is essence it is a spy meter. Also, it is also possible, with the right firmware installed, for it to capture and transmit any signals that might travel through the wiring in your house. Like, did you know, that a speaker at rest, will vibrate and produce an audio signal that could back feed into your house electrical wiring? A very small electrical charge, yes, but, still possible to intercept and interpret. In addition to other signals, say, from your desktop computer that is plugged directly into the wall.

As far as SMECO being customer owned? I think that trained left long ago. Maybe in theory, but in practice its nothing more than another corporation looking out for themselves and to milk their customer for all they can.
    Bull####. Utter..complete..bull####..
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

If I may ...

As someone who designs electrical systems and electronics I feel a duty to tell you to take off the tin foil hat.

The only thing a meter can tell is your electricity draw. The biggest thing that can be found out and not an absolute is who is growing pot inside due to the high usage for the grow lamps, but with the proliferation of LED technology maybe not even that.
    If what I say offends you then you really don't want to hear what I keep to myself.

If I may ...

Quote Originally Posted by PeoplesElbow View Post
    As someone who designs electrical systems and electronics I feel a duty to tell you to take off the tin foil hat. The only thing a meter can tell is your electricity draw. The biggest thing that can be found out and not an absolute is who is growing pot inside due to the high usage for the grow lamps, but with the proliferation of LED technology maybe not even that.
    Yes, with the old analog meters.

Do not trust SMECO. For all those that care ...
    http://marylandsmartmeterawareness.o...-smart-meters/
    http://www.smartmetereducationnetwor...at-they-do.php
    https://smartgridawareness.org/

If I may ...

Yes, with the old analog meters.

Do not trust SMECO. For all those that care ...
    http://marylandsmartmeterawareness.o...-smart-meters/
    http://www.smartmetereducationnetwor...at-they-do.php
    https://smartgridawareness.org/
    All of those sites have a couple very basic concepts correct, but are chocked full of more misinformation than Al Gores global warming movie.

If the smart meter communicates to the appliances in your house with RFID mine will communicate with my neighbors instead of mine because my meter is closer to my neighbors living area than it is to mine....

Line noise is also easy to filter out (they claim it isn't),

Take off the tin foil hat...
    If what I say offends you then you really don't want to hear what I keep to myself.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	index.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	12.0 KB 
ID:	120153Name:  images.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  9.0 KBName:  images1.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  9.9 KB
    "It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob."
    The Brain

Members who have read this thread: 135