Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SMECO smart meter installation - BEWARE!

Quote Originally Posted by LightRoasted View Post
    If I may ...

No ... just very cautious and extremely untrusting of things thrust upon me under the guise of saving money, that are also to "help" do whatever magical things a computing wireless transmitting device attached to my home, sending an unknown quantity of data, to places unknown, secured by unknown means, with access by who knows who, with specially written software algorithms to parse the data into quantifiable and with personally identifiable results, by someone I do not know, who says it will be for my benefit, claims to provide. Go ahead and blindly accept their reasoning and explanations. Be the sheep that you are. Sheeps are easily corralled and easy pickings for shearing, as well as slaughter.
    First they'll have to figure out why I'm ~3 times more wasteful than my most conservative neighbor. And, if they're listening in they are likely to hear, "why am I out of beer again"
    Last edited by nutz; 10-12-2017 at 08:20 AM.
    The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left.

Weíre tempted to suggest a conspiracy here ó but itís just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply canít conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

Quote Originally Posted by nutz View Post
    First they'll have to figure out why I'm ~3 times more wasteful than my most conservative neighbor.

PEPCO does this now with the monthly bill ...
    Weíre tempted to suggest a conspiracy here ó but itís just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply canít conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

Quote Originally Posted by nutz View Post
    First they'll have to figure out why I'm ~3 times more wasteful than my most conservative neighbor.
    Those reports crack me up.

I am far from a wasteful user and am extremely conservative regarding the use of electricity in my home but, I always seem to be 2 to 3 times more "wasteful" than the efficient neighbor!

I picture them, in the summer, running around their house in a swimsuit because their temp is like 90 degrees and no lights on with dirty dishes and clothes. Solar panels on all sides of their house.

In the winter, they are huddled in blankets next to their fireplace drinking cold chocolate so they don't have to use their electric stove!

Mostly settled in... spr1975wshs's Avatar
    I keep getting those "...use more than your more efficient neighbor letters."
    I'm willing to pay for what I use, so, so what?
    Take care - Steven
    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

Members who have read this thread: 135