Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: M R Geese

O s a r
    Maybe, just once, someone will call me 'Sir' without adding, 'You're making a scene.'

Quote Originally Posted by black dog View Post
    I happen to know a responsible kid with a 1100 that can help you with that....
    The hunting blinds are already spoken for..lol. Last season, the geeese stayed away from our cove.....
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

Man, I'm still here !!!
    Cm wangs

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    The hunting blinds are already spoken for..lol. Last season, the geeese stayed away from our cove.....
    I'm kidding, He has open access to blinds on Trent Hall Creek, The Fowlers farms on Washington Creek and Cremona with Mr Morgan..
    In the blinds of Hearts Desire in Tent Hall Creek they tend to keep at least one hunter in the fields next to the creek for the same reason. They just shuttle the wildlife back and forth between the creek and the fields.
    Originally Posted by littlelady View Post
    I just reported you. You are one scary individual.

Can't wait for goose season.

Seeing any ducks? Doesn't seem like many mallards are around yet but I jumped a wood duck off the pond I'm hunting Sat. so hoping they come around.
    Crybaby Cripplecrow Hanging on a Monkey's Toe Club

Quote Originally Posted by black dog View Post
    I'm kidding, He has open access to blinds on Trent Hall Creek, The Fowlers farms on Washington Creek and Cremona with Mr Morgan..
    In the blinds of Hearts Desire in Tent Hall Creek they tend to keep at least one hunter in the fields next to the creek for the same reason. They just shuttle the wildlife back and forth between the creek and the fields.
    My DNR license allows for one shore blind and one offshore blind up to 300' out. When the last offshore blind rotted away, I didn't replace it; just park a skiff blind in that spot.

We've got 6 shore blinds facing in all different directions at the island hunting club up in 7D. Lot of work to keep those maintained and also brushed every year. That and the skiffs; only one of the six blinds is accessible from the land side on foot. My hunters really know how to tear up skiff props...
    Last edited by Gilligan; 10-11-2017 at 09:45 AM.
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0nllyn View Post
    Can't wait for goose season.

Seeing any ducks? Doesn't seem like many mallards are around yet but I jumped a wood duck off the pond I'm hunting Sat. so hoping they come around.
    None yet. Haven't seen our resident Mallard family either...not since the bald eagles took over the osprey's nest and our woods. ? I hope the eagles don't mess up our waterfowl hunting.

Man, I'm still here !!!
    L.I.B
    M R Ducks

Best said by Smith Islander ;-))

We haven't had Smith Island stewed type Goose in a long time, Need to get me a goose....

We

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    My DNR license allows for one shore blind and one offshore blind up to 300' out. When the last offshore blind rotted away, I didn't replace it; just park a skiff blind in that spot.

We've got 6 shore blinds facing in all different directions at the island hunting club up in 7D. Lot of work to keep those maintained and also brushed every year. That and the skiffs; only one of the six blinds is accessible from the land side on foot. My hunters really know how to tear up skiff props...

Thats awesome,
    He has taken my share in two offshore blinds in Trent Hall, Its usually a day or so in maintenance for each and installing new cover for both of them each year.
    All the others are shore or field blinds.
    Originally Posted by littlelady View Post
    I just reported you. You are one scary individual.

Quote Originally Posted by BernieP View Post
    a magnificent bird

just keep their distance, geese as neighbors are (a) noisy, (b) destructive (they eat everything) and (c) crap the stuff they ate all over everything.

Oh and (d) they can be nasty if you enter their turf (which could be your walk)
    I found I do like them better from a distance. I once walked out in a large field that was covered with them to toss them some bread, when they all started heading my way it scared me (they are huge up close) I ran back in the house.
    "If you think they are going to give you your country back without a fight, you are sadly mistaken"

Members who have read this thread: 85