Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: M R Geese

Quote Originally Posted by black dog View Post
    But they make great BBQ.
    goose is very fatty
    roasted one once, never again.
    Your signature can not be longer than 100 characters - BS

Quote Originally Posted by Homesick View Post
    I found I do like them better from a distance. I once walked out in a large field that was covered with them to toss them some bread, when they all started heading my way it scared me (they are huge up close) I ran back in the house.
    I've witnessed (first hand) the destruction and attacks on passers by. They camped outside our building on the walks because some twit did just that, fed them (even thought we were told not to do it.)
    Goose #### all over the walks, they would attack people entering / exiting the building and were pulling out the weather stripping on the windows and walks I have no idea why they were pulling that #### out.
    Your signature can not be longer than 100 characters - BS

Back in the '60s, I headed down to Long Island Sound after school one day in mid-fall. There were thousands and thousands of geese all floating just offshore, gathering for migration. Incredibly huge field of them. All of sudden, every one of them lifted off at once. It was an incredible sight and the sound was deafening. One of the more memorable moments of my youth.
    "It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob."
    The Brain

Quote Originally Posted by BernieP View Post
    goose is very fatty
    Why most of us who harvest them regularly only keep the breasts.
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by BernieP View Post
    goose is very fatty
    Toss a half a dozen breasts in a slow cooker with your favorite bbq spices and sauce... Booya........ Finger lickin....Finger lickin...Finger lickin....GOOD....
    Originally Posted by littlelady View Post
    I just reported you. You are one scary individual.

Quote Originally Posted by black dog View Post
    Toss a half a dozen breasts in a slow cooker with your favorite bbq spices and sauce... Booya........ Finger lickin....Finger lickin...Finger lickin....GOOD....
    Yep!
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    Yep!
    And ducks on the Faberware or Grill rotisserie stuffed with some oranges and some red wine basting along the way...Or a grilled duck breast med rare....
    Originally Posted by littlelady View Post
    I just reported you. You are one scary individual.

What creek is that?, if don't mind me asking. Looks familiar

Quote Originally Posted by Baker12 View Post
    What creek is that?, if don't mind me asking. Looks familiar
    St. George's Creek.

ahhh. I'm on the St Marys, thought I recognized your view

Members who have read this thread: 85