M R Geese

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Lots of geese.... Just showed up today and enjoying the bottom grass that did well in our cove this year.

Crappy pic..max zoom on an IPhone through the sunroom window..

Geese.jpg

BernieP

Resident PIA
I love geese.
a magnificent bird

just keep their distance, geese as neighbors are (a) noisy, (b) destructive (they eat everything) and (c) crap the stuff they ate all over everything.

Oh and (d) they can be nasty if you enter their turf (which could be your walk)

black dog

Free America
The hunting blinds are already spoken for..lol. Last season, the geeese stayed away from our cove.....

I'm kidding, He has open access to blinds on Trent Hall Creek, The Fowlers farms on Washington Creek and Cremona with Mr Morgan..
In the blinds of Hearts Desire in Tent Hall Creek they tend to keep at least one hunter in the fields next to the creek for the same reason. They just shuttle the wildlife back and forth between the creek and the fields.

Chris0nllyn

Can't wait for goose season.

Seeing any ducks? Doesn't seem like many mallards are around yet but I jumped a wood duck off the pond I'm hunting Sat. so hoping they come around.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I'm kidding, He has open access to blinds on Trent Hall Creek, The Fowlers farms on Washington Creek and Cremona with Mr Morgan..
In the blinds of Hearts Desire in Tent Hall Creek they tend to keep at least one hunter in the fields next to the creek for the same reason. They just shuttle the wildlife back and forth between the creek and the fields.

My DNR license allows for one shore blind and one offshore blind up to 300' out. When the last offshore blind rotted away, I didn't replace it; just park a skiff blind in that spot.

We've got 6 shore blinds facing in all different directions at the island hunting club up in 7D. Lot of work to keep those maintained and also brushed every year. That and the skiffs; only one of the six blinds is accessible from the land side on foot. My hunters really know how to tear up skiff props...

Last edited:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Can't wait for goose season.

Seeing any ducks? Doesn't seem like many mallards are around yet but I jumped a wood duck off the pond I'm hunting Sat. so hoping they come around.

None yet. Haven't seen our resident Mallard family either...not since the bald eagles took over the osprey's nest and our woods. ? I hope the eagles don't mess up our waterfowl hunting.

MADPEBS1

Man, I'm still here !!!
L.I.B
M R Ducks

Best said by Smith Islander ;-))

We haven't had Smith Island stewed type Goose in a long time, Need to get me a goose....

We

black dog

Free America
My DNR license allows for one shore blind and one offshore blind up to 300' out. When the last offshore blind rotted away, I didn't replace it; just park a skiff blind in that spot.

We've got 6 shore blinds facing in all different directions at the island hunting club up in 7D. Lot of work to keep those maintained and also brushed every year. That and the skiffs; only one of the six blinds is accessible from the land side on foot. My hunters really know how to tear up skiff props...

Thats awesome,
He has taken my share in two offshore blinds in Trent Hall, Its usually a day or so in maintenance for each and installing new cover for both of them each year.
All the others are shore or field blinds.

PJay

a magnificent bird

just keep their distance, geese as neighbors are (a) noisy, (b) destructive (they eat everything) and (c) crap the stuff they ate all over everything.

Oh and (d) they can be nasty if you enter their turf (which could be your walk)

I found I do like them better from a distance. I once walked out in a large field that was covered with them to toss them some bread, when they all started heading my way it scared me (they are huge up close) I ran back in the house.