Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So Much Winning .... TRUMP BREAKS NFL

Quote Originally Posted by transporter View Post
    Standing for the national anthem is not a significant problem or issue that faces this country. It is an issue for the weak minded and the blind cult followers who voted for Trump and who Trump needs to distract from the utter failure of his agenda (whatever his agenda was or is) and the chaos that is his White House.
    You forget... this all started during the Obama administration.
    "Never let the old man in." - Clint Eastwood quoting an old friend

Quote Originally Posted by GURPS View Post
    WTF do you think is going to happen if players continue to kneel, and revenue continues to fall
    I predict the players will ignore Goodell's request. I think Goodell will do nothing. I turned on some of the games this weekend just to see how the stands were filled up and they were pretty full; which means people are still spending their money and watching. And advertisers are still advertising.

If the media would stop filming those kneeling and film only those standing at the playing of the Anthem, it would blow over, no doubt in my mind. These NFL types like attention, regardless if its good or bad. Whats the old saying..."no such thing as bad publicity"

Quote Originally Posted by PsyOps View Post
    I predict the players will ignore Goodell's request. I think Goodell will do nothing. I turned on some of the games this weekend just to see how the stands were filled up and they were pretty full; which means people are still spending their money and watching. And advertisers are still advertising.
    Yes: Too bad. It will all blow over. Things will be back to order soon and white people will continue to support these poor black players who have it so rough.

Quote Originally Posted by transporter View Post
    No surprise here: GURPS doesn't understand English and gets his "new" only from propaganda type sources.

The word "should" is not compelling. It is not a directive. It is a request.

The actual statement from Goodell is here: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ational-anthem

Standing for the national anthem is not a significant problem or issue that faces this country. It is an issue for the weak minded and the blind cult followers who voted for Trump and who Trump needs to distract from the utter failure of his agenda (whatever his agenda was or is) and the chaos that is his White House.
    Truth.

Too bad people are so easily distracted by shiny objects to understand that.

The whole thing is a farce meant to distract from the even bigger farce that is Trumps presidency. He is a canny media manipulator i will give him that

Quote Originally Posted by Sapidus View Post
    Truth.

Too bad people are so easily distracted by shiny objects to understand that.

The whole thing is a farce meant to distract from the even bigger farce that is Trumps presidency. He is a canny media manipulator i will give him that
    Well, you and TJ have managed to marginalize what is important to these kneelers. Great to know that you feel the whole thing is unimportant and BS.

NFL responds to Trumps tweet calling it "inaccurate". Understatement of the year that something Trump said is inacurate.

https://www.aol.com/article/news/201...them/23239920/

Quote Originally Posted by Sapidus View Post
    NFL responds to Trumps tweet calling it "inaccurate". Understatement of the year that something Trump said is inacurate.

https://www.aol.com/article/news/201...them/23239920/
    Dude... this is, according to you, an unimportant story. It's nothing more than a distraction. The kneelers' message is unimportant and a distraction. Leave it alone.

The Eagles Aerie I belong to did not purchase the Direct TV NFL sports package this year, About 18 grand I believe.
    Originally Posted by littlelady View Post
    I just reported you. You are one scary individual.

Quote Originally Posted by PsyOps View Post
    Dude... this is, according to you, an unimportant story. It's nothing more than a distraction. The kneelers' message is unimportant and a distraction. Leave it alone.
    Why do you need to deliberately make yourself look foolish. Why are you so angry that you need to try to take my words out of context and twist them to create more fake news
    If you have a problem with my position defend your position. These stupid gotcha games are beneath me and I won't engage

It is clear from what I wrote that I meant Trumps involvement which has magnified the issue 10X. As i have stated I support the players and their right to free speech.

Members who have read this thread: 79