So Much Winning .... TRUMP BREAKS NFL

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
TRUMP BREAKS NFL: Commissioner Goodell Issues New Statement About National Anthem

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said in a letter on Tuesday that NFL players, coaches, and owners should stand during the national anthem.

Goodell sent the letter to all 32 NFL teams in response to the recent national anthem protests — which former San Francisco 49ers’ quarterback Colin Kaepernick started in 2016 — and that have come under recent scrutiny from President Donald Trump.

:yahoo:

nutz

Revenue is down and the President spoke uglier words about taking away their tax benefits. Surprised Goodell didn't say they WILL stand.

MR47930

Revenue is down and the President spoke uglier words about taking away their tax benefits. Surprised Goodell didn't say they WILL stand.
Same here. Just because he said they should doesn't mean a thing. It's widely known that Goodell is hated by pretty much everyone in the league. Wouldn't be surprised if more players took a knee now just to spite him.

transporter

No surprise here: GURPS doesn't understand English and gets his "new" only from propaganda type sources.

The word "should" is not compelling. It is not a directive. It is a request.

The actual statement from Goodell is here: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...odell-issues-memo-to-teams-on-national-anthem

Standing for the national anthem is not a significant problem or issue that faces this country. It is an issue for the weak minded and the blind cult followers who voted for Trump and who Trump needs to distract from the utter failure of his agenda (whatever his agenda was or is) and the chaos that is his White House.

MR47930

No surprise here: GURPS doesn't understand English and gets his "new" only from propaganda type sources.

The actual statement from Goodell is here: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...odell-issues-memo-to-teams-on-national-anthem

Standing for the national anthem is not a significant problem or issue that faces this country. It is an issue for the weak minded and the blind cult followers who voted for Trump and who Trump needs to distract from the utter failure of his agenda (whatever his agenda was or is) and the chaos that is his White House.
:bawl:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Standing for the national anthem is not a significant problem or issue that faces this country.

It indeed represents several very large problems facing this country: anti-Americanism, race hustling, and identity politics. You can say that Donald Trump is the problem, but that's because you're a brainless progbot and mindless party apparatchik. Speaking of weak minded blind cult followers and all....

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member

This all started before Trump was elected president. Barry took a meh, whatever stance on the matter. President Trump, being a proud American, took offense to the action and spoke up about it. And he wasn't alone in that sentiment.

Protest whatever you want and however you like. That's their choice. Deciding to disrespect the flag of our nation to bring attention to your cause is still disrespecting the flag. Fans don't have a problem with protesting, just a problem with the way they have chosen to do it.

Since we don't have television, for me it's an easy decision not to watch. I catch the Skins' game on the radio that is played by a contemporary music radio station that cuts over to the game. The radio call is more exciting to me anyway. ANyone that remembers the days of Sonny, Sam & Frank will tell you that that trio made the call of the game come to life.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
What the durhards don't understand is that we cannot be forced to watch and approve of their little tantrums. WE have free speech and rights as well. WE can choose to stop watching football AND we can criticize them as we see fit. What they want is to be able to act out and have their little fits, and have nobody disagree with them. Periodically we need to remind them that that is not how America works.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Why issue a letter at all ... if the NFL Plans to do NOTHING :shrug:

I understand ENGLISH just fine you miserable whiny #### ...... fact is the Trump Threw Down the Gauntlet and The NFL Leadership blinked
WTF do you think is going to happen if players continue to kneel, and revenue continues to fall

are you really that ignorant :shrug:

Last edited:

PsyOps

Pixelated

You forget... this all started during the Obama administration.

PsyOps

Pixelated
WTF do you think is going to happen if players continue to kneel, and revenue continues to fall

I predict the players will ignore Goodell's request. I think Goodell will do nothing. I turned on some of the games this weekend just to see how the stands were filled up and they were pretty full; which means people are still spending their money and watching. And advertisers are still advertising.

luvmygdaughters

If the media would stop filming those kneeling and film only those standing at the playing of the Anthem, it would blow over, no doubt in my mind. These NFL types like attention, regardless if its good or bad. Whats the old saying..."no such thing as bad publicity"

Hijinx

I predict the players will ignore Goodell's request. I think Goodell will do nothing. I turned on some of the games this weekend just to see how the stands were filled up and they were pretty full; which means people are still spending their money and watching. And advertisers are still advertising.

Yes: Too bad. It will all blow over. Things will be back to order soon and white people will continue to support these poor black players who have it so rough.

Sapidus

Truth.

Too bad people are so easily distracted by shiny objects to understand that.

The whole thing is a farce meant to distract from the even bigger farce that is Trumps presidency. He is a canny media manipulator i will give him that

PsyOps

Pixelated
Truth.

Too bad people are so easily distracted by shiny objects to understand that.

The whole thing is a farce meant to distract from the even bigger farce that is Trumps presidency. He is a canny media manipulator i will give him that

Well, you and TJ have managed to marginalize what is important to these kneelers. Great to know that you feel the whole thing is unimportant and BS. :yay:

black dog

Free America
The Eagles Aerie I belong to did not purchase the Direct TV NFL sports package this year, About 18 grand I believe.

Sapidus

Dude... this is, according to you, an unimportant story. It's nothing more than a distraction. The kneelers' message is unimportant and a distraction. Leave it alone.

Why do you need to deliberately make yourself look foolish. Why are you so angry that you need to try to take my words out of context and twist them to create more fake news
If you have a problem with my position defend your position. These stupid gotcha games are beneath me and I won't engage

It is clear from what I wrote that I meant Trumps involvement which has magnified the issue 10X. As i have stated I support the players and their right to free speech.