Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Harvey Weinstein

Quote Originally Posted by GURPS View Post
    going back to the 1990's ...
    Sen. Packwood from Oregon
    - worked with and was generally regarded as a 'good guy' by democrats ... he supported Abortion Rights

I mean come on Oregon isn't Texas

anyway Old Bob had a habit of 'kissing' and hugging women when he would meet then, instead of maybe a hand shake
    women tolerated this because Old Bob supported Liberal Causes
    anyhow at some point democrats decided they needed Old Bob's Seat and he was vulnerable
    so out came the 'sexual harassment' claims, unwanted kissing / hugs etc ... threats from the ethics committee for am investigation

Old Bob Left in disgrace .... Ron Wyden Democrat has held the seat since

as long as you are useful you are tolerated ... I mean really, how else do you explain Teddy K

so the Modern Era we have;

3rd Wave Feminists ....
    Intersectionality ....
    Muslim Apologists ....

somewhere Weinstien reached his expiration date .... now Afleck is in trouble, and I believe it ain't over by a long shot
    Good Post Gurps. It's spot on.

When Weinstein needs money and writes his tell all book we will get a list of all those who didn't refuse his attention, I suspect some of those who say they didn't----did.

I am kind of curious who Harvey pissed off. Normally, Dems protect their rich folks. For the ultra-liberal NYT to do this hit piece (undoubtedly true), there has to be more to the story.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    I am kind of curious who Harvey pissed off. Normally, Dems protect their rich folks. For the ultra-liberal NYT to do this hit piece (undoubtedly true), there has to be more to the story.
    Yep. I, too, am dying to know the rest of the story. Usually they circle the wagons and the press refuses to report it. Weinstein must have pissed somebody off for them to all turn on him like a wolf pack.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    Yep. I, too, am dying to know the rest of the story. Usually they circle the wagons and the press refuses to report it. Weinstein must have pissed somebody off for them to all turn on him like a wolf pack.
    That's strange, I've had the same thought this past week. As I've said before, the casting couch is a well known fixture in Hollywood and everyone knows about it.
    There has to be SOME reason why this came out NOW.
    Insults are the arguments employed by those who are in the wrong". Jean-Jacques Rousseau

They call me ... Sarcasmo kom526's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    Ronan Farrow (stepson to perv Woody Allen) pitched the story to NBC news first. Boss man Noah Oppenheim spiked it due to a "lack of evidence. Noah is also an Emmy award winning screenwriter (let that sink in) who is ready to get back to H'wood and writing. You really don't have to guess had a hand in Noah's success. There was no way he was going to have a hand in killing his golden goose.

Added: Oppenheim is now denying he spiked the story.
    Wrinkles only go where the smiles have been.

Somewhere, a teacher is crying with their red marker after reading your dribble.

Blog Entries
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Quote Originally Posted by GURPS View Post
    going back to the 1990's ...
    Sen. Packwood from Oregon
    - worked with and was generally regarded as a 'good guy' by democrats ... he supported Abortion Rights

I mean come on Oregon isn't T
    C'mon. As recently as this past January the Vice President of these United States was a notorious "hugger and squeezer" of any body with two XX chromosomes within 10 feet.
    Last edited by Lurk; 10-12-2017 at 06:25 PM.
    “In times of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act” - Geo Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Lurk View Post
    C'mon. As recently as this past January the Vice President of these United States was a notorious "hugger and squeezer" of any body with two XX chromosomes within 10 feet.
    was he 'known' for working with democrats across the isle supporting feminists with abortion rights
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
    - Robert J. Hanlon.

“There is a deeply anti-democratic undercurrent to much of the criticism of the new president, borne aloft by an assumption that democracy is too important to be left to the voters.”

And if a statue can oppress you, then I submit that you have greater issues. - A West.

Members who have read this thread: 85