Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Watermelon gift gets fireman fired

We had dinner Sunday night at the Chinese Buffet in Elwood. There was a huge tray of cold watermelon in the salad line. Someone forgot to tell the black couple that also was dining,,
    Did they know thy were in Elwood, IN? and second they should be offended by that watermelon was on the menu.
    Originally Posted by littlelady View Post
    I just reported you. You are one scary individual.

R.I.P. My Brother Rick AnthonyJames's Avatar
    I went into Captain Leonard's for a bowl of crab soup and they brought not one ,but TWO packets of saltines.

I stormed out in disgust and refused to pay! Barely had a chance to wipe my mouth after I ate the soup and got a refill on my soda.
    "Cocaine's a helluva drug" ~ James Ambrose Johnson Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyJames View Post
    I went into Captain Leonard's for a bowl of crab soup and they brought not one ,but TWO packets of saltines.

I stormed out in disgust and refused to pay! Barely had a chance to wipe my mouth after I ate the soup and got a refill on my soda.
    You showed them!! Way to go :applause:
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyJames View Post

Ask for Sandy to be your waitress, She knows better than to bring saltines to the Privileged Class, you should have been served Captain Wafers.

Name:  cv.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  3.3 KB

Visualize whirled peas Merlin99's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    Stop it. Even I know that watermelon can have a racial connotation, and I'm fairly oblivious to that sort of thing. If they were having a potluck dinner and someone brought watermelon salad - not racial. Bringing a gift wrapped whole watermelon to a black person for no apparent reason is indeed racial. It's unlikely the dumbass meant to be offensive and more likely that he thought it would be a funny joke, but it was obviously meant in a racial way and he cannot be surprised that other black firemen took offense.
    So can fried chicken, would that have gotten the same response?
    ‎"I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake"

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin99 View Post
    So can fried chicken, would that have gotten the same response?
    Depends where the chicken is from.
    "Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever." - Shane Falco

Quote Originally Posted by black dog View Post
    Ask for Sandy to be your waitress, She knows better than to bring saltines to the Privileged Class, you should have been served Captain Wafers.

Name:  cv.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  3.3 KB
    Are hush puppies racist now too? Just trying to avoid any future fox paws.
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    Are hush puppies racist now too? Just trying to avoid any future fox paws.
    Only when dipping in Howdy's Honey..

Name:  9cb3cdbed5377d7a4efff06925cda203--vintage-advertisements-vintage-ads.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  14.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    I got an assortment of cheeses once and there were crackers in the box!

CRACKERS!!!!

See now, you had to say that... Now the 4th of July offends me.
    "Never let the old man in." - Clint Eastwood quoting an old friend

Now I want fried chicken and crabs....
    "If you think they are going to give you your country back without a fight, you are sadly mistaken"

Members who have read this thread: 88