Bill Maher: 2A About Keeping Black Slaves In Check

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Bill Maher: 2A About Keeping Black Slaves In Check

Drawing on a Daily Kos write-up of an annotated Constitution produced by The New York Times and available only in print, Maher apparently quoted historian Garry Wills:

Because [Garry Wills] says the Second Amendment "shows just how far the poison of slavery pervaded the Constitution. It was intended to protect slaveholders who used militias to keep a firm grip on their slaves. It wasn't meant to let individuals prevent federal tyranny. How could it? It was meant to guarantee the legality of well-regulated militias to handle the states' internal problems, especially the problem of a large slave population."

Americans broadly applied double standards in their perceptions of mass murderers of varying racial backgrounds, claimed Maher, who also connected Islam to race:

I know it drives Republicans crazy when liberals say everything is about race and everything isn't about race. But I feel like guns is the one area where, if you can't see a giant difference between the way black and white are treated in America with guns, I think there's a little racism in you. I mean, show the Roy Moore video. Here's a politician waving a gun at a rally. Could you get away with doing that?

Last edited:

BOP

I'm pretty sure Bill meant to say that gun control was racist and meant to keep guns out of the hands of blacks, who might turn on their new democrat masters.

Hijinx

Bill Maher is a turd.

How can the 2nd. Amendment be to keep guns from blacks, when they have the same rights to buy them as whites do.

littlelady

God bless the USA
I'm pretty sure Bill meant to say that gun control was racist and meant to keep guns out of the hands of blacks, who might turn on their new democrat masters.

The epitome of word usage! You are the sha-Bomb, sha-Bop! :high5:

You need to post more often!

Last edited:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

:yay:

IIRC the history Democrats used Black Codes to KEEP Black from having Weapons Post Civil War

but if Mayer is reading crap like this ;

Do African Americans Have a Right to Bear Arms?

Do Black People Have Equal Gun Rights?

CONVENTIONAL wisdom holds that firearms are the preserve of conservative white men. You would never know this at my local shooting range, which happens to be in a majority African-American area, and has a clientele that reflects that fact. There, as a white man, I’m often in the minority; just one more guy who likes to fire weapons — another person to chat to and share stories with. It is, I’d venture, how things should be.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Yeah, Bill Maher could use a history lesson. I'm surprised (or not) that the NAACP hasn't handed him his ass for spewing that crap.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Yeah, Bill Maher could use a history lesson. I'm surprised (or not) that the NAACP hasn't handed him his ass for spewing that crap.

In all of the founder's writings on the subject, I've never seen anything that even remotely alludes to what Bill Maher is claiming. On the other hand, those same letters and other writing very clearly support their desire to make sure an armed citizenry was assured as a check on future tyranny from any source..including our own government. Crystal clear.