Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Boy Scouts Will Now Admit Girls

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    OMG

That is hilarious!!
    No kidding. That is the POINT.
    Insults are the arguments employed by those who are in the wrong". Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Quote Originally Posted by mAlice View Post
    During GS cookie season and BS popcorn season, you can barely get into a store without being accosted. Indentured servitude.
    Not really - at least with BSA, profits from those sales go directly to individual accounts for each boy - so they can do things like go to Scout camp.
    The more sales they pile up, the more things they can go to without Mom and Dad having to pay for it. I'm doing it with my son, because frankly, I can't afford Scout camp.
    Insults are the arguments employed by those who are in the wrong". Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post
    Not really - at least with BSA, profits from those sales go directly to individual accounts for each boy - so they can do things like go to Scout camp.
    The more sales they pile up, the more things they can go to without Mom and Dad having to pay for it. I'm doing it with my son, because frankly, I can't afford Scout camp.
    Seconded! In fact, if you do a little Goole-fu... you will see that the GSA cookie program is the REAL money grab!
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gude View Post
    I post stupid #### all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by mAlice View Post
    BS and GS are no longer what they were originally intended to be. It's about the bottom line, now. During GS cookie season and BS popcorn season, you can barely get into a store without being accosted. Indentured servitude. There are other options, even if it's only you taking your kids into the woods and teaching them survival skills. We recently purchased a Golden Boy. It will go into service in the near future. Until then, I'll keep it well oiled
    Accosted? Exaggerate much? Queen Malice can't handle nor be bothered with a simple "would you like to buy some cookies" question.... Damn peasants!

Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post
    That's all fine and good, but you can't convince me it's not about the money, when you have fortune 500 companies donating, United Way (and how many other charities), and personal donations. I'm not saying that what you're saying is untrue, just that I still think it's about the money.
    Je suis prest

Members who have read this thread: 52