Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 35

Thread: Boy Scouts Will Now Admit Girls

  1. #21
    I guess Boy Scouts is going to have to come up with a new name.
    "Never let the old man in." - Clint Eastwood quoting an old friend

  2. #22
    If I may ...

    When I was in Scouts, back in the day, if there was a lake at the camp area, we'd all get down to our underwear and go swimming. How is that going to work with a girl, or girls, around? Boys need to be with only boys and men who are leaders and mentors to really grasp that male group think and leadership learning, and grow together, and talk about the changes that each face as they grow up and tell stories and talk about things, and work through things, that only boys and young men understand and relate to. Having girls around will sniffle their thoughts and actions. JHFC! Is nothing sacred anymore? I foresee a new young boys and young men's group that will mirror the old Boy Scouts program as it was in the past coming soon. The current Boy Scouts is dead. And just wait for the first instance of a claim of some kind of sexual misconduct or touching or some BS accusing a Cub, Webelos or Scout. Or a Den father or Scout Master. The membership will plummet. Men will not allow their sons to be exposed to this forced political feminism and de-masculinity programming.
    If the military wanted you to have a spouse, or family, they would have issued you one.

  3. #23
    Registered User
    Member Since
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    22,372
    Quote Originally Posted by LightRoasted View Post
    If I may ...

    When I was in Scouts, back in the day, if there was a lake at the camp area, we'd all get down to our underwear and go swimming. How is that going to work with a girl, or girls, around? Boys need to be with only boys and men who are leaders and mentors to really grasp that male group think and leadership learning, and grow together, and talk about the changes that each face as they grow up and tell stories and talk about things, and work through things, that only boys and young men understand and relate to. Having girls around will sniffle their thoughts and actions. JHFC! Is nothing sacred anymore? I foresee a new young boys and young men's group that will mirror the old Boy Scouts program as it was in the past coming soon. The current Boy Scouts is dead. And just wait for the first instance of a claim of some kind of sexual misconduct or touching or some BS accusing a Cub, Webelos or Scout. Or a Den father or Scout Master. The membership will plummet. Men will not allow their sons to be exposed to this forced political feminism and de-masculinity programming.
    Good Post.

  4. #24
    INGSOC GURPS's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Peoples Republic Of Maryland
    Posts
    32,751
    A report from last spring claims the Girl Scouts membership has declined 12% per year in recent years, and while GSA leadership sloughs of claims that its because the organization has incorporated more politics into its programming, the same report indicated GSA leadership fears a split inside the organization, as more conservative members pull away.

    That has feminists panicking. In a near-hysterical essay for Slate, one feminist writer, Christina Cauterucci, begged parents not to pull their kids out of the Girl Scouts or "give in" to the Boy Scouts' agenda of extending their mostly-nonpartisan curriculum to co-ed groups. The Boy Scouts are terrible, she moans, accusing BSA of everything from misogyny to embracing President Donald Trump.

    In fact, she says, the Boy Scouts should just be more like the Girl Scouts because the Boy Scouts reinforces toxic masculinity. "If boys have a special, specific need today, it’s not for a group that reinforces traditionally masculine behaviors and activities," Canterucci claims.

    It seems almost as if they're less concerned that girls might be gaining valuable life training from the Boy Scouts and more that they might be losing the ability to indoctrinate an entire generation of girls into radical feminism.


    http://www.dailywire.com/news/20171/...-emily-zanotti
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
    - Robert J. Hanlon.

    “There is a deeply anti-democratic undercurrent to much of the criticism of the new president, borne aloft by an assumption that democracy is too important to be left to the voters.”

    And if a statue can oppress you, then I submit that you have greater issues. - A West.

  5. #25
    Registered User
    Member Since
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    22,372
    Quote Originally Posted by GURPS View Post
    A report from last spring claims the Girl Scouts membership has declined 12% per year in recent years, and while GSA leadership sloughs of claims that its because the organization has incorporated more politics into its programming, the same report indicated GSA leadership fears a split inside the organization, as more conservative members pull away.

    That has feminists panicking. In a near-hysterical essay for Slate, one feminist writer, Christina Cauterucci, begged parents not to pull their kids out of the Girl Scouts or "give in" to the Boy Scouts' agenda of extending their mostly-nonpartisan curriculum to co-ed groups. The Boy Scouts are terrible, she moans, accusing BSA of everything from misogyny to embracing President Donald Trump.

    In fact, she says, the Boy Scouts should just be more like the Girl Scouts because the Boy Scouts reinforces toxic masculinity. "If boys have a special, specific need today, it’s not for a group that reinforces traditionally masculine behaviors and activities," Canterucci claims.

    It seems almost as if they're less concerned that girls might be gaining valuable life training from the Boy Scouts and more that they might be losing the ability to indoctrinate an entire generation of girls into radical feminism.


    http://www.dailywire.com/news/20171/...-emily-zanotti
    Maybe the decline in the Girl Scouts ranks has something to do with their Lesbian and LGBTQ acceptance.

  6. #26
    I bowl overhand itsbob's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Patuxent, Maryland, United States
    Posts
    40,921
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post
    Have to say I was extremely underwhelmed by the Girl Scouts when it came to my daughters.
    While my son went camping, hiking, kayaking, got to shoot arrows (and later, guns), play lacrosse, go rock climbing, and do all kinds of fun stuff - my daughters pretty much made crafts and displays.

    So when it came to things like beach clean up and Scouting for food (collecting food for charity) they were always with my son. They love to help. THAT is the Scouts they want to do.

    NOW - what I *WISH* they would do - is make Girl Scouts *LIKE* Boy Scouts. Make it full of outdoors activities, leadership and citizenship.
    Instead of what it seems to be in most places.
    We were just having this same discussion..

    I could think of a LOT of girls that would want NOTHING to do with the Girl Scouts, but doing Boy Scout stuff would have been a blast.

    I'm all for it, BUT what to do during primitive camping events.. summer camping events?? Are we going to have co-ed tents??
    Nero played the fiddle, Obama danced the Tango.

    Quote Originally Posted by BadGirl
    Bob is the bestest lookin and smartest man I've ever met.

  7. #27
    Registered User
    Member Since
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    22,372
    They sure need to change the name.

  8. #28
    I bowl overhand itsbob's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Patuxent, Maryland, United States
    Posts
    40,921
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post
    Have to say I was extremely underwhelmed by the Girl Scouts when it came to my daughters.
    While my son went camping, hiking, kayaking, got to shoot arrows (and later, guns), play lacrosse, go rock climbing, and do all kinds of fun stuff - my daughters pretty much made crafts and displays.

    So when it came to things like beach clean up and Scouting for food (collecting food for charity) they were always with my son. They love to help. THAT is the Scouts they want to do.

    NOW - what I *WISH* they would do - is make Girl Scouts *LIKE* Boy Scouts. Make it full of outdoors activities, leadership and citizenship.
    Instead of what it seems to be in most places.
    I fear just the opposite..

    They allow girls in to Boy Scouts, then insist they do more "girl stuff"...

    They'll be selling cookies soon.
    Nero played the fiddle, Obama danced the Tango.

    Quote Originally Posted by BadGirl
    Bob is the bestest lookin and smartest man I've ever met.

  9. #29
    professional daydreamer mAlice's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Wonderland
    Posts
    37,097
    BS and GS are no longer what they were originally intended to be. It's about the bottom line, now. During GS cookie season and BS popcorn season, you can barely get into a store without being accosted. Indentured servitude. There are other options, even if it's only you taking your kids into the woods and teaching them survival skills. We recently purchased a Golden Boy. It will go into service in the near future. Until then, I'll keep it well oiled
    Last edited by mAlice; 10-13-2017 at 09:23 AM.
    Je suis prest

  10. #30
    Board Mommy vraiblonde's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Off the grid
    Posts
    117,178
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by GURPS View Post
    the Boy Scouts reinforces toxic masculinity.
    OMG

    That is hilarious!!
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Members who have read this thread: 52

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search:     Advanced Search
Search HELP

| Home | Help | Contact Us | About somd.com | Privacy | Advertising | Sponsors | Newsletter |

| What's New | What's Cool | Top Rated | Add A Link | Mod a Link |

| Announcements | Bookstore | Cafe | Calendar | Classifieds | Community |
| Culture | Dating | Dining | Education | Employment | Entertainment |
| Forums | Free E-Mail | Games | Gear! | Government | Guestbook | Health | Marketplace | Mortgage | News |
| Organizations | Photos | Real Estate | Relocation | Sports | Survey | Travel | Wiki | Weather | Worship |