Liberals Exalting Eminem

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
In their small and rarefied world of fame, power and wealth, not much matters to these stars beyond running with the clique in terms of politics and values. Witness Harvey Weinstein: by most accounts, “everyone knew” that he was a serial sexual predator and yet he continued to be protected by his fellow travelers in Hollywood and the press because he was a good liberal who donated and raised millions of dollars for the Democratic party and left-wing causes. Politics before principle is the rule for the celebrity crowd, which is part of the reason so many of our cultural arbiters are guilty of hypocrisy and moral bankruptcy.

Eminem is now being celebrated as an unapologetic truth-teller because he attacked the president. But in this highly polarized and nasty environment, it doesn’t take courage to blast Trump and it doesn’t make Eminem unique. It makes him yet another lemming, scoring easy approbation from his peers and the media.

I’m not questioning the sincerity of his opinion of the president; he’s been outspoken in his criticism of Trump for a while. He’s entitled to that view and to express it however he wants.

But the idea that Eminem is somehow the moral “conscience” of the country is ludicrous.

Over the course of his career, Eminem has proudly released raps with lyrics laced with misogyny and homophobia, referring to women as “sluts” who deserve to be treated violently and to men with anti-gay sneers. He was frequently blasted for such lyrics but never felt compelled to apologize for them. It was, after all, his “art.”

Liberals might want to think twice before exalting Eminem as their new leader

:killingme

Perfect Role Model

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You could be a freaking serial killer and all you have to do to get the Left to sing your praises is criticize Donald Trump. Bonus points for threatening to assassinate him.

They area scary dangerous cult.

Toxick

Splat
Another entertainer throwing his opinion out there, as if it's something other than a worthless piece of ####.

I care about his opinion about as much as I care about Jimmy Kimmel's, or Rosie O'Donnell's, or Meryl Streep's - which is about as much as they care about my opinion.

Which is to say it's worth about as much as a dog turd behind a phone booth.

But it's not like this is something unexpected or out of character for M&M. He built his fame on dissing people with rhymey-rhymes.

Hijinx

You could be a freaking serial killer and all you have to do to get the Left to sing your praises is criticize Donald Trump. Bonus points for threatening to assassinate him.

They area scary dangerous cult.

I don't think the average American pays much attention to Eminem.
Rap is basically a black thing and a white rapper has to hate Trump to sell his garbage.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I don't think the average American pays much attention to Eminem.
Rap is basically a black thing and a white rapper has to hate Trump to sell his garbage.

Um, Eminem is a Grammy award winning artist who has been around for 15+ years and had a number of very popular songs. Attention is indeed paid to him and most people in America know who he is, whether or not they are fans of his music.

Hijinx

Um, Eminem is a Grammy award winning artist who has been around for 15+ years and had a number of very popular songs. Attention is indeed paid to him and most people in America know who he is, whether or not they are fans of his music.

Anyone can be a Grammy award winner if they sell enough of their crap.

That's what I mean he has an audience with no taste and he has to appeal to them by being a liberal POS.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

That's what I mean he has an audience with no taste and he has to appeal to them by being a liberal POS.

I think we can agree that most pop music lovers these days have no taste. I give you Kanye West as an example.

steppinthrax

Whether you like it or not he's an entertainer that has made a product marketable enough for him to be relevant. That's how this entertainment industry works. I don't listen to anything Eminem.

Hijinx

Whether you like it or not he's an entertainer that has made a product marketable enough for him to be relevant. That's how this entertainment industry works. I don't listen to anything Eminem.

Relevant to what?? His opinion on Trump?
His stupid rhyming rap doesn't make his opinion on Trump any more relevant than mine is on his dumb assed so called art.

Grammy awards are the same as Emmy's. Just a pat on the back from the other turds in the business.

Perhaps he is relevant to the rap world, but he isn't any more than sh1t in my book.