Oh deer! Arby's to roll out venison sandwiches nationwide.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Love venison but not really a fan of the hunt? Well, you're in luck because it's deer season at Arby's.

The fast-food chain announced Tuesday that it will be selling its popular venison sandwiches at all 3,300 restaurants nationwide starting on Oct. 21 after having released it in five states last year.

The sandwich features a thick-cut venison steak marinated in garlic, salt and pepper and cooked sous-vide for three hours. The meat is then topped with onions and a juniper berry sauce, all served on a toasted roll. The sandwich will only be available while supplies last.

The nation-wide rollout comes after Arby's first sold it in 17 locations — most of them located in popular deer-hunting hot spots like Wisconsin, Tennessee and rural Pennsylvania — last fall, where they often sold out quickly. The gamey meat might sound like an unusual addition for a fast food chain — even one with a slogan that touts "We have the meats" — but a lot of people sang the sandwiches praises on Twitter during its original release.

But those at the corporate level certainly weren't deterred!

"The positive response to our limited offering of venison last year was so widespread and passionate that we knew we had to find a way to offer it nationwide," said Jim Taylor, Chief Marketing Officer of Arby's, said in a news release.

Arby's will also be selling a limited-edition elk sandwich available in just three locations in Colorado, Wyoming and Montana. That special sandwich will also be available on the same day it releases the venison sandwich.

The chain that prides itself on having "the meats" also had a limited-edition offering in August with a giant Smoked Turkey Leg that weighed about a pound in honor of HBO's highly anticipated "Game of Thrones" season finale.

Get your Bambi-burger right cheer!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Barf. I also don't think it's appropriate for a family restaurant to be promoting Game of Thrones, which is absolutely adult entertainment.

luvmygdaughters

My aunt used to cook a venison tenderloin roast, it was delicious. If no one told you it was deer, you wouldn't have known it. I've used venison burger in chili and spaghetti, actually had to add a little fat to it because it was so lean. If its prepared correctly, it doesn't have that "gamey" taste to it.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I wonder if their uniforms will be changed to reflect the characters?

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I've always said that a venison fast-food restaurant would work well around here.
Call it 'More Buck for your Doe' (or 'More Doe for your Buck').
Featuring the big Double Bambi-Burger combo with Squirrely Fries.
Look for the sign with the big Golden Antlers.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
My aunt used to cook a venison tenderloin roast, it was delicious. If no one told you it was deer, you wouldn't have known it. I've used venison burger in chili and spaghetti, actually had to add a little fat to it because it was so lean. If its prepared correctly, it doesn't have that "gamey" taste to it.

Exactly. A friend used to bring me tenderloins and that was some good eating. One of the best chilis I have ever had was a combo of ground Bambi, pork, and beef. :yum:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I've always said that a venison fast-food restaurant would work well around here.
Call it 'More Buck for your Doe' (or 'More Doe for your Buck').
Featuring the big Double Bambi-Burger combo with Squirrely Fries.
Look for the sign with the big Golden Antlers.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: