25th Amendment Fantasy

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
CNN, MSNBC Speculate on Removing Trump From Office Via 25th Amendment

CNN’s Wolf Blitzer and MSNBC's Chris Matthews both eagerly speculated on the latest long shot liberal hope to get rid of Donald Trump: The 25th Amendment. Building off a mention of it Vanity Fair by Steve Bannon, Blitzer on Thursday asked correspondent Jessica Schneider “Tell our viewers who aren’t familiar with the 25th Amendment, Jessica, precisely what it does.”

She related the dreams of Democrats: “It lays out the path for removal of the president in cases of inability. And that’s a term that has never been defined or suggested. So here’s what exactly would need to happen to set the 25th Amendment in motion.”

Schneider proceeded to tell viewers that the vice president and a majority of the cabinet would have to tell Congress the President is “unable” to discharge his duties. From there, the plan would eventually move to Congress.

Schneider allowed, “Really what it comes down to is that a majority of Republicans in the cabinet and the Congress, they would have to openly reject the President and begin a movement to oust him.”

Undeterred, Blitzer hoped:

In that Vanity Fair article, I think all of us have read it by now, sources describe the President, in that Vanity Fair article, as unraveling, increasingly unfocused and consumed by dark moods. So what’s the likelihood, I think it's pretty remote, of that becoming the implementation of the 25th Amendment to the Constitution?

Hijinx

In essence the Democrats and liberals are hoping for a "Caine Mutiny" in the White House.

Has anyone seen Trump rolling ball bearings in his hands or investigating missing strawberries?

SamSpade

Geez, it never ends. If they can't recount votes, persuade electors to be faithless or try to impeach him before he even takes the oath - they'll grasp at THIS.

The 25th Amendment was ratified after the death of JFK in order to clarify the succession of the Vice President, since although VPs had taken office before - this made it more clear what would happen.
And it might have come in handy during Wilson's administration when Edith Wilson pretty much ran the country after Woodrow Wilson's stroke - that is, not *dead* but clearly incapacitated.

The means of removing him from office would be far too extraordinary to ever happen.

But what it shows is the singular myopia of the media against the President who was actually *elected* by the people.
They can't seem to grasp that people want him there, and the mess that Washington has become has made him necessary.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
But what it shows is the singular myopia of the media against the President who was actually *elected* by the people.
They can't seem to grasp that people want him there, and the mess that Washington has become has made him necessary.

People Elitists deem too Selfish or Stupid to understand what the country needs ... Progressives must hold POWER to right all wrongs, fix all evils and same mother earth

transporter

Why the fake outrage? This is what out politics is now. Or have your addled brains already forgotten all the calls to remove Obama from office? Here are a few (that were most likely reported and distributed on here to much fanfare):

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/erik-rush-calls-on-military-to-remove-obama-from-office/

http://www.thecommonsenseshow.com/2013/08/09/a-military-coup-will-remove-obama/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqYhNOuE7gg

Trump is obviously unqualified, he obviously doesn't actually want to do the job of being President (he just wants the accolades and trappings of office). Trump ought to just quit and let Pence take over. I may not agree with much of what Pence says, but at least the man seems sane and would respect for the office he would hold.

Hijinx

Why the fake outrage? This is what out politics is now. Or have your addled brains already forgotten all the calls to remove Obama from office? Here are a few (that were most likely reported and distributed on here to much fanfare):

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/erik-rush-calls-on-military-to-remove-obama-from-office/

http://www.thecommonsenseshow.com/2013/08/09/a-military-coup-will-remove-obama/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqYhNOuE7gg

Trump is obviously unqualified, he obviously doesn't actually want to do the job of being President (he just wants the accolades and trappings of office). Trump ought to just quit and let Pence take over. I may not agree with much of what Pence says, but at least the man seems sane and would respect for the office he would hold.

I disagree strongly that Trump is unqualified. The only thing that is obvious is that you haven't been paying attention while Trump has been doing the things he promised he would.

Which is indeed a nice change.
Doing well is spite of all the challenges made by people like yourself and the crappy party politicians.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

Hijinx

After the deal he made with Iran, and sending them a lot of money so they could continue with their nuke program, and terrorism projects, he should have been charged with treason.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
YAWN.

They all know that Trump is not going to be removed from office - the very idea of that is ridiculous. They just throw that bloody raw meat out there because they know the starving progbot wolves will pounce on it and devour it. It's a ratings ploy and nothing more.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I may not agree with much of what Pence says, but at least the man seems sane and would respect for the office he would hold.

Oh bull####. Just like you mindless progs touted John McCain....until he ran for president against your guy. Then you all attacked the #### out of him and his running mate, just like usual.

Trump has been a terrific president - the best in my lifetime - and if you don't think so it's because you live on a diet of fake news and garbage like this 25th Amendment nonsense. To say he's not doing to job is absurd - he is busting ass and accomplishing quite a bit in his short time in office. It's not his fault the media you choose to consume doesn't keep you informed of anything other than how many scoops of ice cream Trump gets.

Sapidus

Oh bull####. Just like you mindless progs touted John McCain....until he ran for president against your guy. Then you all attacked the #### out of him and his running mate, just like usual.

Trump has been a terrific president - the best in my lifetime - and if you don't think so it's because you live on a diet of fake news and garbage like this 25th Amendment nonsense. To say he's not doing to job is absurd - he is busting ass and accomplishing quite a bit in his short time in office. It's not his fault the media you choose to consume doesn't keep you informed of anything other than how many scoops of ice cream Trump gets.

You continually say that but offer no proof other than a list of EO’s and continuing economic trends. Are you going to his yanking of insurance from poor people as a win?

What legislation has he passed? How has he shown his political savvy by bringing parties together?

Remember when Quayle couldn’t spell potato and that was enough to make people not vote for him. What a simpler time that was. Politifact has trump at over 1500 lies publicly or on twitter so far. In 7 months so He is either deliberately lying or extremely uneducated.

Either way he is unqualified, boarish not to mention guilty of fraud and sexual harrasment

stgislander

PREMO Member
You continually say that but offer no proof other than a list of EO’s and continuing economic trends. Are you going to his yanking of insurance from poor people as a win?

What legislation has he passed? How has he shown his political savvy by bringing parties together?

Remember when Quayle couldn’t spell potato and that was enough to make people not vote for him. What a simpler time that was. Politifact has trump at over 1500 lies publicly or on twitter so far. In 7 months so He is either deliberately lying or extremely uneducated.

Either way he is unqualified, boarish not to mention guilty of fraud and sexual harrasment

If it means I can afford my family's insurance by not paying for their insurance... yeah it's a win for me.

Restitution

Trump is obviously unqualified...

19789999.jpg

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Trump has not "yanked insurance from poor people" that I'm aware of. Please cite your source.

"Bringing parties together" requires cooperation on both parts. Perhaps your progpress doesn't tell you that Trump has been in negotiations with Chuckie and Nancy a good bit, which is sending the right-wingers over the edge.

Politi"fact" is a biased blog with a proven track record of lying and spinning. I give zero effs about their bogus "reporting".

As to your last sentence, :rolleyes: Your parroted talking points have no effect on me. It just shows you for the mindless bot you are.

Oh, and about this:

You continually say that but offer no proof other than a list of EO’s and continuing economic trends.

:lmao:

Read that - slow this time, so you can perhaps understand what you wrote - and tell the class why it made me laugh out loud.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
What legislation has he passed?

hey clueless one ... You Need to Go Back to Civic Class - CONGRESS Passes legislation

How has he shown his political savvy by bringing parties together?

Trump is the ultimate ANTI-ESTABLISHMENT Candidate neither side, inhabited by children, want to work with the outsider

.... not to mention guilty of fraud and sexual harassment

what Fraud and Harassment is that - be specific, no taking private conversations out of context

Sapidus

Trump has not "yanked insurance from poor people" that I'm aware of. Please cite your source.

"Bringing parties together" requires cooperation on both parts. Perhaps your progpress doesn't tell you that Trump has been in negotiations with Chuckie and Nancy a good bit, which is sending the right-wingers over the edge.

Politi"fact" is a biased blog with a proven track record of lying and spinning. I give zero effs about their bogus "reporting".

As to your last sentence, :rolleyes: Your parroted talking points have no effect on me. It just shows you for the mindless bot you are.

Oh, and about this:

:lmao:

Read that - slow this time, so you can perhaps understand what you wrote - and tell the class why it made me laugh out loud.

And what’s has this bipartisanship between chuck and Nancy accomplished?

Did you even read his EO on Obamacare? If you did you would understand it’s implicstions and why poor people will bear the brunt of higher insurance and loss of insurance.

If you don’t believe politifact why don’t you ever point to the sour cream of all this true unadulterated info you spew?

You complained about Obama’s EO’s and cheer Trumps. That’s why you are a hypocrite.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
If you don’t believe politifact why don’t you ever point to the sour cream of all this true unadulterated info you spew?

:lmao: You funny.

BTW..what "poor people" are you referring to? If you are even close to poor, you get it all free.

Sapidus

hey clueless one ... You Need to Go Back to Civic Class - CONGRESS Passes legislation

Trump is the ultimate ANTI-ESTABLISHMENT Candidate neither side, inhabited by children, want to work with the outsider

what Fraud and Harassment is that - be specific, no taking private conversations out of context

He has settled cases on both which are public record. You would think that would be important info to know about someone when voting for them