Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: 25th Amendment Fantasy

Quote Originally Posted by Sapidus View Post
    What makes you think it is ok for poor people and people with pre existing conditions to be allowed to be taken advantage of by these business's?
    With all due respect, I try to assume you are not stupid, just ignorant. Stupid can't be fixed, but ignorant merely means you are not informed, and that can be fixed.

Poor people are not different from rich, middle-classed, ultra-poor, ultra-rich, mega-middle - we're all citizens. We're all equals. There isn't a single thing in the Constitution that makes health insurance actionable by the federal government. If you can find in Article One, Section Eight (or anywhere else) that gives that authority to the United States government, I will buy you a beer (if you're old enough). But, I've read the whole thing many, many times and I've never seen it.

If you can find anything thing in the Constitution that says the federal government's responsibility is to provide stuff to poor people at the expense of non-poor people, I will buy you a beer (if you're old enough). But, I've read the whole thing many, many times and I've never seen it.

So, while your intentions are laudable in the concept of helping people out, the federal government is not the place to do that. If you want your money to go to help these people, donate to GoFundMe people, where 100% of your donation will be used to actually help someone. Pay extra for your health insurance, and tell your insurer to use that money to help people who need it. Donate to Catholic Charities. Donate to your local hospital. Ask your state legislators to create Romney-care in your state.

But, taking tax money from some, giving it to others, and calling YOURSELF a caring person for doing so is neither the right answer, nor does it make YOU actually charitable or good. Quite the opposite.
    There are only two possibilities; one is that we are alone in the universe, the other is that we are not.
    Both are terrifying.

Quote Originally Posted by This_person View Post

There isn't a single thing in the Constitution that makes health insurance actionable by the federal government.

Power to Regulate Commerce
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
    - Robert J. Hanlon.

“There is a deeply anti-democratic undercurrent to much of the criticism of the new president, borne aloft by an assumption that democracy is too important to be left to the voters.”

And if a statue can oppress you, then I submit that you have greater issues. - A West.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by This_person View Post
    With all due respect, I try to assume you are not stupid, just ignorant.
    But isn't it stupid to willfully blather talking points that are demonstrably false? And when someone shows you they're false, instead of mea culpa you double down or go off on some unrelated tangent, only to come back and parrot your erroneous talking points again?

You're only ignorant if you don't know. If you still do the same things after you know, that makes you stupid.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    But isn't it stupid to willfully blather talking points that are demonstrably false? And when someone shows you they're false, instead of mea culpa you double down or go off on some unrelated tangent, only to come back and parrot your erroneous talking points again?

You're only ignorant if you don't know. If you still do the same things after you know, that makes you stupid.
    Agree with you 100%. I'm trying to give Sap the BOD. He makes it VERY difficult to do so.
    There are only two possibilities; one is that we are alone in the universe, the other is that we are not.
    Both are terrifying.

Members who have read this thread: 54