Trump confused on evening colors?

Chris0nllyn

President Donald Trump appeared confused about a longstanding military tradition on Wednesday night.

“What a nice sound that is,” Trump said, as the tune began playing. “Are they playing that for you or for me?”

“They’re playing that in honor of his ratings,” Trump quipped, answering his own question to Hannity. “He’s beating everybody.”

When the American flag is lowered and raised on US military installations, a bugle blares on loudspeakers as service members and civilians pay their respects to the flag.

Members of the audience could be seen standing up during the ceremony

http://taskandpurpose.com/president-trump-no-idea-evening-colors-started/

One thing missing from the article, he's in a building and not required to salute.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Really as you have been bitching lately .... this is what you want to talk about

Hijinx

Trump was never in the service.Probably did not know about Colors or Retreat.
How many civilians do? Unless their family is military.

Pretty sure he has now been informed and it won't happen again.Pretty sure he meant no disrespect.
Pretty sure Chris enjoyed the hell out of posting this little rant.
Anything to knock on trump.

b23hqb

PREMO Member

Pretty sure he has now been informed and it won't happen again.Pretty sure he meant no disrespect.

Yeah, that. Unless you work on a military base, probably 100% of civilians that have had no connection to the military have no idea what colors/retreat protocols are.

Chris0nllyn

Really as you have been bitching lately .... this is what you want to talk about

As someone who uses the "I didn't write it" excuse for your 2500 threads a day, that's rich coming from you.

Trump graduated from NY Military Academy didn't he? Trump ranted and raved about disrespectful NFL players didn't he? The massive crowd behind him sure knew to stand during the colors, didn't they?

I surely didn't rant, as the only thing I personally said was that he didn't have to salute in a building. You shouldn't let your dislike of me and my opinions cloud your ability to effectively read and comprehend.

Boy, talk about desperate pathetic grasping just to have something to bitch about. :lmao:

You shouldn't let your dislike of me and my opinions cloud your ability to effectively read and comprehend.

Yeah, that. Unless you work on a military base, probably 100% of civilians that have had no connection to the military have no idea what colors/retreat protocols are.

Well, besides the massive crowd behind him who all stood when it began. But, yea. Besides that.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You shouldn't let your dislike of me and my opinions cloud your ability to effectively read and comprehend.

I neither like nor dislike you - I don't even know you. I'm not sure what that has to do with you people breathlessly "reporting" these silly stories and trying to use them as PROOF! that Trump is HitlerSatanStalin.

Chris0nllyn

I neither like nor dislike you - I don't even know you. I'm not sure what that has to do with you people breathlessly "reporting" these silly stories and trying to use them as PROOF! that Trump is HitlerSatanStalin.

Where did I do that? Just because I point out the hypocrisy of him doesn't mean I hate him or think he's Hitler or Stalin.

GURPS posts #### all the time and whenever anyone assumes what the intent behind the post was, it's all "Well, I didn't write it/I didn't make the title". I post something about Trump and it's all "Chris hates Trump! Grab the pitchforks!"

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Where did I do that? Just because I point out the hypocrisy of him doesn't mean I hate him or think he's Hitler or Stalin.

GURPS posts #### all the time and whenever anyone assumes what the intent behind the post was, it's all "Well, I didn't write it/I didn't make the title". I post something about Trump and it's all "Chris hates Trump! Grab the pitchforks!"

That you thought this silly story was important enough to share speaks volumes.

Here, I'll throw you one:

http://forums.somd.com/threads/324345-Thes-people-my-GOD!

There, now you have something else to lose your "mind" over. Don't hurt yourself.

glhs837

Power with Control
Chris pointed out right in the first post why the whole thing was stupid. My team and I continue talking and getting stuff done right through colors every morning, because we are inside.

Hijinx

Got dam if you don't hate Trump you sure spend an inordinate amount of time bitching about him.
He goes to sleep with you at night and wakes you up in the morning.

By the way I don't know if the New York Military Academy plays Retreat or Colors and Wiki didn't say.

PeoplesElbow

Inadvertently doing something not right is not disrespectful, it is simply being ignorant.

Disrespect has to be intentional.

Not realizing there was a flag in this one spot I drove by one morning I drove right past colors, this was before the loud speakers blared. I almost never drove past this place at that time of day.

Hank

my war
As someone who uses the "I didn't write it" excuse for your 2500 threads a day, that's rich coming from you.

True Dat!