When my broker speaks...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
From the Fidelity peeps:

Natural disasters and the economy
While the human element of these events was devastating, they have not altered our view that the U.S. economy may continue to grow.

U.S. Growth with little inflation
We believe interest rates will be slow to rise given positive economic growth and low inflation, helping the U.S. economy stay in mid-cycle.

Geopolitical Tensions and Washington Politics
We are watching the debates in D.C. but are unlikely to make significant adjustments to your account unless we see meaningful policy changes.

I'm thrilled with my portfolio and the growth it's experienced since November. Prior to that, it was fairly flat and not earning the way I wanted it to. So when the hatebots blather about this or that manufactured crisis, I run over and take a look at mah moneyz, and get all happy again.

:dance:

You kids can bitch about Trump all you want, but he's done wonders for my retirement goals.

black dog

Free America
Most of the crybullys wouldn't understand Vrai, they don't have retirement accounts much less a Broker.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Mine's doing OK, and I'm happy with that. At 63, I dialed it back a bit in February, and am now in the mildly aggressive range, vs the aggressive zone. Don't plan on taking anything out until I have to at the mandated age.

transporter

Clueless...just absolutely clueless

From the Fidelity peeps:

Natural disasters and the economy
While the human element of these events was devastating, they have not altered our view that the U.S. economy may continue to grow.

Please describe how a natural disaster changes the trajectory of the entire country's economy? Note: the country we are speaking of has the worlds largest economy. Also, can you explain what Trump has done to impact a natural disaster in such a way to positively impact the entire US economy?

U.S. Growth with little inflation
We believe interest rates will be slow to rise given positive economic growth and low inflation, helping the U.S. economy stay in mid-cycle.

We are in the same slow growth/low inflation environment that we've been in for years. Prior to Nov 8th, you and those like you did nothing but b!tch about it. NOW it is the most wonderous thing! BTW...please explain what Trump has down to bring about a low growth, low inflation economy? The rate of growth this year in not very different from the past 5. Inflation is actually running a little higher.

Geopolitical Tensions and Washington Politics
We are watching the debates in D.C. but are unlikely to make significant adjustments to your account unless we see meaningful policy changes.

So the author you are quoting is telling you that there have been no meaningful policy changes and no meaningful policy changes are expected. Yet you ascribe the growth in your portfolio to Trump? Do you understand what no meaningful policy changes means?

I'm thrilled with my portfolio and the growth it's experienced since November. Prior to that, it was fairly flat and not earning the way I wanted it to.

Huh...last year was a pretty damn good year. Where were you invested? BTW...if the returns of 2017 make you happy, you should have been thrilled with 2009.

So when the hatebots blather about this or that manufactured crisis, I run over and take a look at mah moneyz, and get all happy again.

In other words, you are happy because your account is up. You think your account is up because Trump got elected, yet every reason you just posted that suggests continued growth will continue has nothing to with Trump...and your quotes are correct, the returns this year have not one damn thing to do with Trump. The market is rising on better earnings, coordinated worldwide growth, low interest rates and low inflation. Again, just to be crystal clear, have nothing to do with Trump. That is not a political statement, it is simple fact.

:dance:

You kids can bitch about Trump all you want, but he's done wonders for my retirement goals.

Clueless just clueless.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
http://www.marketwatch.com/investing/index/djia/charts

:shrug: Is all this due to DJT? probably not all, but a fair portion. If you think for one minute that a statement made by POTUS (any POTUS) does not affect the market then you are not as all that as you think you are.

Georgia-Pacific, weyerhauser, Owens Corning, any building supplier/manufacturer is going to go up when all the rebuilding starts.

Last edited: