Police Boycott FORD Over NFL Anthem Protest Support

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
A Louisiana Sheriff said this week that his office will no longer Purchase Ford Motor Co. products after the automaker announced they supported the NFL protests late last month.

In a letter posted to the Bossier Parish Sheriff’s Office’s official Facebook page on Wednesday, Sheriff Julian Whittington called on law enforcement agencies to stand against Ford and the NFL.

Police Boycott FORD Over NFL Anthem Protest Support
"Yes, the NFL players have a right to protest as they deem necessary, but we ... have a right to spend our money elsewhere."

Ah Grist For The Mill .....

I'm sure FORD won't miss the sales, but the local dealer might ....

black dog

Free America
Because Ford will miss the 5 to 12 cars they might buy a year.. The Charger is hugely popular as a Police Cruiser..

glhs837

Power with Control
Because Ford will miss the 5 to 12 cars they might buy a year.. The Charger is hugely popular as a Police Cruiser..

Not so much as the Ford SUVs, though. Police are loving the crap out of the Explorer Pursuit model. Ford built up a LOT of cred during the Panther years. Take St Marys county, tons of them, a few Chevy police cars, not one Charger.

Not so much as the Ford SUVs, though. Police are loving the crap out of the Explorer Pursuit model. Ford built up a LOT of cred during the Panther years. Take St Marys county, tons of them, a few Chevy police cars, not one Charger.

Also, choices for law enforcement are getting even more limited with Chevy ending production of the Caprice PPV.

glhs837

Power with Control
Also, choices for law enforcement are getting even more limited with Chevy ending production of the Caprice PPV.

Yep, SUVs, the Charger or the Ford Taurus or maybe it's called the Sedan Pursuit? I think the Ford sedan suffers from the small engine not being powerful enough, and departments being scared crapless by potnetioanl maint costs of the SHO based turbo model. So it's Chargers or Explorers, I think.

mAlice

professional daydreamer

No, Ford won't miss them, but you can bet your ass they're hearing from unhappy dealers all over the country.

black dog

Free America

The only places you see the SUV's out here is where there is money..
Like North and East of Indy.... Carmel, Fishers.. Hamilton Co.
Most smaller towns can't afford them, our town like many others buys used cruisers from larger departments that roll them over at 80 to 100 thou.. or we get them as a gift.
The SUV's that the city has where I live is a middle 80's K5 Blazer ( used in snow and flooding ) and a late 90's explorer that's used every day.. I kid you not..

glhs837

Power with Control
The only places you see the SUV's out here is where there is money..
Like North and East of Indy.... Carmel, Fishers.. Hamilton Co.
Most smaller towns can't afford them, our town like many others buys used cruisers from larger departments that roll them over at 80 to 100 thou.. or we get them as a gift.
The SUV's that the city has where I live is a middle 80's K5 Blazer ( used in snow and flooding ) and a late 90's explorer that's used every day.. I kid you not..

I believe it.

black dog

Free America
I believe it.

Heres a few pics of the fleet, the Black Charger is the Chiefs ride and they have two other Chargers that tend to run 24-7.. The reserve officers use the older cruisers and if patrol needs another car they use the Chiefs.

20171013_160157.jpg

20171013_160238.jpg