“If you’re OK licensing my 2A right, what’s wrong with licensing your First Amendment Right."

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Indiana lawmaker drafts bill that would require journalists to be licensed by police

What does the bill say?

The bill, drafted by Rep. Jim Lucas (R-Seymour), would require professional journalists to submit an application to the Indiana State Police in order to do their jobs. Applicants would be fingerprinted and required to pay $75 for a lifetime license. Individuals with a felony or domestic battery conviction would not be permitted to get a license.

The Indy Star called the proposal “almost an exact copy of Indiana’s law requiring a license to carry a handgun.” Lucas is an opponent of a state law requiring a permit to carry a handgun and has tried to repeal it unsuccessfully for several years.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
And every violation they commit, whether it be in transport, delivery or storage, should be punishable as a felony with a 10 year sentence.

black dog

Free America
If you Manufacture a Machine Gun or a Fake News Story,,,,,
10 years and a 250,000 dollar fine, for each offense.

stgislander

PREMO Member
So the State Police would issue statewide Press Credentials for a fee. Hmmm. I have to think about that one.

Sapidus

Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 2.57.22 PM.png

Simple minds...

black dog

Free America

Jayne and two other adults are dead because she was driving at a unsafe speed for the road conditions she encountered.. She should have slowed that Buick down..

It's no wonder you have so many problems in life when you can't even open a bottle with a safety cap.

Welcome to living like the rest of the world.

And what's your point? About 610,000 people die of heart disease in the United States every year–that's 1 in every 4 deaths. Heart disease is the leading cause of death for both men and women.

PsyOps

Pixelated

Yeah, well they haven't banned semis yet, so... Putting the DOT bar was a regulatory change to make driving safer. Making pill bottles tamper resistant is a regulatory change that makes our medications safer. Having us take our shoes off is regulatory change that makes flying safer. This is the responsibility of our government; to regulate things that make our lives safer. Guns are also regulated through background checks, trigger locks, who can sell them, the transfer of them, etc...

Put a truck or car in the wrong hands and it can become a deadly weapon. No regulation can stop this.
Put a bottle of pills in the wrong hands, and it can become deadly. No regulation can stop this.
Can someone get a dangerous weapon on a passenger plane? Deadly weapons make their way onto passenger planes all the time. So, no regulations, thus far, have stopped it.

These things are regulated to make the lives of honest people safer, not stop a crazy person from using them to kill.

Firearms are probably the-most regulated items in this country. What else would you like to see that would stop the killing with these things; besides banning them completely (which still won't stop someone from getting one and killing people)?

Last edited:

Sapidus

Yeah, well they haven't banned semis yet, so... Putting the DOT bar was a regulatory change to make driving safer. Making pill bottles tamper resistant is a regulatory change that makes our medications safer. Having us take our shoes off is regulatory change that makes flying safer. This is the responsibility of our government; to regulate things that make our lives safer. Guns are also regulated through background checks, trigger locks, who can sell them, the transfer of them, etc...

Put a truck or car in the wrong hands and it can become a deadly weapon. No regulation can stop this.
Put a bottle of pills in the wrong hands, and it can become deadly. No regulation can stop this.
Can someone get a dangerous weapon on a passenger plane? Deadly weapons make their way onto passenger planes all the time. So, no regulations, thus far, have stopped it.

These things are regulated to make the lives of honest people safer, not stop a crazy person from using them to kill.

Firearms are probably the-most regulated items in this country. What else would you like to see that would stop the killing with these things; besides banning them completely (which still won't stop someone from getting one and killing people)?

More lies and misdirection.

Restricting the purchase of High caliber automatic weapons to police and military for a start.

The Vegas shooter purchased 31 guns in one year. You buy more than 5 and you are not a dealer you get a visit from the police to follow up.

Rommey

The Vegas shooter purchased 31 guns in one year. You buy more than 5 and you are not a dealer you get a visit from the police to follow up.
You think that would have prevented him from doing what he did? Assuming he got that followup, what would have been the police's course of action as a result of this followup?

PsyOps

Pixelated
Restricting the purchase of High caliber automatic weapons to police and military for a start.

Wait a minute! What cop or military person can buy "high calibur automatic weapons"? They are subject to the same laws as you are when purchasing firearms.

And, realistically Paddock only needed one modified assault rifle, with a bump stock, to do the damage he did. Now, I'm not advocating anyone should own that many firearms. What I do advocate is, that if you buying them legally, it's none of my business how many I own. If I buy firearms legally, it should be of no concern to the government how many I have. If you believe I should only own a certain number of firearms, what's that magic number that would prevent me from killing a bunch of people?

So, as Rommey asked, how would limiting the number of firearms he owned have stopped this from happening. He allegedly bought dozens of semi-automatic rifles in several states, and passed every background check. What else would have prevented this?

Last edited:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
More lies and misdirection.

yep, you spew, and spew, and spew, and spew ........

what exactly is 'high caliber' :shrug:

The Vegas shooter purchased 31 guns in one year.

So ####ing What ....

You buy more than 5 and you are not a dealer you get a visit from the police to follow up.

how fascist of you .....

so you think after passing all of the existing background checks a visit from the police would have turned up anything different

how naive of you

Last edited: