CNN: Russians Used Poke'mon Go to Elect Trummp

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
"We have exclusive new details about the Russian-linked effort to meddle in the 2016 presidential election," a breathless Brooke Baldwin breathlessly breathed on CNN.

Then she cut to some other amped-up guys, who said the Russians used the mobile game app Pokémon Go to -- stay with us here -- somehow put Donald Trump in the White House.

So let's break this down. Pokemon Go was a fun little game that exploded on the scene over the summer. Using smart phones, Pokemon hunters would seek out the creatures that appeared in the app, literally tracking them down on the ground to "capture" them. The idea, as always, was simple: Gotta' catch 'em all!

But there was a dark side to Pikachu.

"CNN reported that a Russian-linked campaign called 'Don't Shoot Us,' likely run by Moscow-linked 'troll farm' Internet Research Agency (IRA), used Pokémon Go — among several other mediums including Facebook and Twitter — and posed as a part of the Black Lives Matter movement," The Hill reported.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/22235/new-low-cnn-says-russian-meddling-extended-pokemon-joseph-curl

:killingme

mAlice

professional daydreamer
:killingme I would be so embarrassed if I were a journalist, and I use the term loosely, and had to report that as if it were real news.

Chris0nllyn

AKA, "Americans are dumb enough to not only be politically manipulated by a game, but also dumb enough to believe it was a Russian conspiracy. Because we all know a majority of the voters in this country played Pokemon Go."

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Okay, I thought for sure there had to be something reasonable to this story and Dailywhatever was simplifying to mock the progs.

Um, nope. It's even stupider and made me go like this: :shocking:

I'd like to point out that Pokemon Go was targeted at teens and young adults - not exactly Donald Trump's prime demographic.