NFL not seeking mandate for players to stand during anthem

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
They can kneel, or sit, or flip the bird for all I care. All I really wanted is for average America to see these people for what they are and not idolize them. Same for Hollywood. I want them to be marginalized, and not glorified or hero-worshiped or emulated. I think they should act out even more.

It is amazing, however, that they can beat their women, abuse animals, abuse their children, do drugs, kill people....and what got Americans to see that they are ####bags is when they knelt for the anthem. :crazy:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
It is amazing, however, that they can beat their women, abuse animals, abuse their children, do drugs, kill people ....

'my player' is a star I don't care if he beats his ol'lady .... as long as he preforms on Sunday

:sarcasm:

Midnightrider

Well duh.....

of all the 'dumb tweets' out there you choose to focus on this one?

Its a moot point anyway. The league isn't going to change their rules. They know that if they do they will lose even more views and they wont get any back. Besides, the players have a union and will be represented at the meeting to discuss any rule changes. The NFL is going to hope this dies back down and goes away on its own

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
'my player' is a star I don't care if he beats his ol'lady .... as long as he preforms on Sunday

:sarcasm:

We excuse an awful lot of poor behavior because of fame. I mean, when you're rich and famous, you can do anything. Grab 'em by the pu$$y....whatever you want.

:coffee:

transporter

And meanwhile, in the category of things that ACTUALLY matter, 90% of Puerto Rico still has no power and roughly 30% has no clean drinking water.

But, yes, by all means, lets spend all our time focused on what football players do during the national anthem.

Oh and don't forget the requisite 30-50 posts today from GURPS about guns.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
And meanwhile, in the category of things that ACTUALLY matter, 90% of Puerto Rico still has no power and roughly 30% has no clean drinking water.

But, yes, by all means, lets spend all our time focused on what football players do during the national anthem.

Oh and don't forget the requisite 30-50 posts today from GURPS about guns.

Are you crazy? We should definitely spend all our time focused on Donald Trump calling the governor of the VI "president". That's what's all over the news and social media, so clearly that's what we should be torn up about.

Sapidus

We excuse an awful lot of poor behavior because of fame. I mean, when you're rich and famous, you can do anything. Grab 'em by the pu$$y....whatever you want.

Maybe hold off on the coffee today. You are making a lot more sense then usual.

Hijinx

Maybe hold off on the coffee today. You are making a lot more sense then usual.

The NFL team owners and leadership has a big problem. They are not dealing with intelligent people. They are dealing with thugs, and the thugs are more than half of their players. Many if them have been arrested for different violent actions off the field, nothing was done if they are excellent players, it is no surprise that they feel they can bring that to the job. These are people who went through High School with bad grades that had their grades accepted, because they were good at sports. Bullies who were given scholarships to college to make money for the college. Their discipline has been ignored for all of their lives and it is ignored now. They are winning.

The American people who stop watching their athletic abilities on Sunday and Monday have the right answer. Hurt them in their pocketbooks.
Those who watch their games are only contributing to their thuggery.

Sapidus

The NFL team owners and leadership has a big problem. They are not dealing with intelligent people. They are dealing with thugs, and the thugs are more than half of their players. Many if them have been arrested for different violent actions off the field, nothing was done if they are excellent players, it is no surprise that they feel they can bring that to the job. These are people who went through High School with bad grades that had their grades accepted, because they were good at sports. Bullies who were given scholarships to college to make money for the college. Their discipline has been ignored for all of their lives and it is ignored now. They are winning.

The American people who stop watching their athletic abilities on Sunday and Monday have the right answer. Hurt them in their pocketbooks.
Those who watch their games are only contributing to their thuggery.

But you and others who decide to boycott now had no problem with any of that until they started kneeling and made you confront the issue of police violence. If all those things were true why are you just deciding now to boycott?

Hypocrite

PsyOps

Pixelated
But you and others who decide to boycott now had no problem with any of that until they started kneeling and made you confront the issue of police violence. If all those things were true why are you just deciding now to boycott?

Hypocrite

For me it was a matter of "this is the last straw". I have slowly, over the years, become less and less a fan and watching less. When they decide to use the very symbol that represents their freedom to protest, and disregard that, I'm done with them. It spits in the face of every person that died defending that freedom.

Sapidus

For me it was a matter of "this is the last straw". I have slowly, over the years, become less and less a fan and watching less. When they decide to use the very symbol that represents their freedom to protest, and disregard that, I'm done with them. It spits in the face of every person that died defending that freedom.

So basically you are saying having to confront excessive use of police violence against citizens is too much for me to think about.
I can deal with spousal abuse, drug abuse, animal abuse, gun charges but make me examine the ways in which I am complicit in allowing violence by authority figures on the American public and I am out.

Says a lot more about you then the players

Hijinx

So basically you are saying having to confront excessive use of police violence against citizens is too much for me to think about.
I can deal with spousal abuse, drug abuse, animal abuse, gun charges but make me examine the ways in which I am complicit in allowing violence by authority figures on the American public and I am out.

When people protest the police shooting of an innocent person like the woman who was shot by an idiot officer through the door, I will march with them.
When they protest and riot over the shooting of a thug like in Ferguson i just shake my head and wonder WTF?
When football players start kneeling during the anthem they can kiss my ass.

PsyOps

Pixelated

Here's what you're missing. I don't think anyone is disputing the complaints these protesters have. If you and they believe there is this rampant abuse by our police forces across this country, by all means pick a venue to protest it. They are choosing the display of our nation's flag and single of our anthem to protest. This is a clear message that they believe these symbols represent the abuse of police, rather than our liberties and those who died to defend them. This is the message I get and reject.

Hijinx

Here's what you're missing. I don't think anyone is disputing the complaints these protesters have. If you and they believe there is this rampant abuse by our police forces across this country, by all means pick a venue to protest it. They are choosing the display of our nation's flag and single of our anthem to protest. This is a clear message that they believe these symbols represent the abuse of police, rather than our liberties and those who died to defend them. This is the message I get and reject.

Exactly.

Sapidus

You mean like when they protest in the streets and are ignored or people on here say things like “ just run em Over”

Or when they got states to enact laws about body cams and the cops just don’t turn them on?

Why don’t you keep telling people the proper way to protest. Sounds like you are saying go do something out of my sight so I don’t have to think about it or do anything about it.

By saying they shouldn’t exercise their first amendment rights when their bosses have given them permission is doing exactly what you claim You are not “disputing the complaints of the protestors” by questioning their protest.

The flag stand for many things and is a great symbol but is not more important than peoples lives.

Hijinx

You mean like when they protest in the streets and are ignored or people on here say things like “ just run em Over”

Or when they got states to enact laws about body cams and the cops just don’t turn them on?

Why don’t you keep telling people the proper way to protest. Sounds like you are saying go do something out of my sight so I don’t have to think about it or do anything about it.

By saying they shouldn’t exercise their first amendment rights when their bosses have given them permission is doing exactly what you claim You are not “disputing the complaints of the protestors” by questioning their protest.

The flag stand for many things and is a great symbol but is not more important than peoples lives.

Many people are dead who gave their lives for the flag so it must be more important than life---------------