Goodbye, Maryland! See you next year!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Off we go! Tonight we're staying at the South of the Border motel on the way to Myrtle Beach - I'm excited about this because it seems like such a low-rent tourist thing to do. I'll let you all know how it was.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Off we go! Tonight we're staying at the South of the Border motel on the way to Myrtle Beach - I'm excited about this because it seems like such a low-rent tourist thing to do. I'll let you all know how it was.

Are you in the RV?

black dog

Free America
My kid loves the tacos and burritos there, And be sure to take a picture with Peppy and get a new bumper sticker.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
In case you were wondering, the SOB motel is throwback quaint. Our room decor hasn't been updated since 1952 but everything is clean and it's fairly spacious. So here's the room:

Blah
DSCN4836.JPG

Blah
DSCN4837.JPG

Blah
DSCN4838.JPG

Wait...what??
sink.jpg

:lol:

We had dinner at Peddler's Steakhouse and it was pretty good. My steak was great, Monello liked his mahi mahi, and the salad bar was killer. I love a nice big fresh salad bar :yum: The outside looks like this:

peddler.jpg

But the inside looks like a mid-level steakhouse. Nicely decorated, not fancy, but not crappy either. You wouldn't want to come here in shorts and a tank top, but you wouldn't go suit and tie either.

Tomorrow we head to Myrtle Beach and my beloved Ocean Lakes glampground.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Are you in the RV?

We have the RV but we're staying in the motel just for tonight. Monello's idea was to sleep in the RV in the parking lot and I vetoed that right quick. We didn't get on the road today until 1pm (stop laughing, Bann :lol:) so we needed a sleepover, then on to MB in the morning. Plus I've always wanted to stay the night at SOB, and here's my chance.

lovinmaryland

That sink in that bathroom is super adorable!! Seriously that place doesn't look bad at all!! If you don't mind sharing, what was the rate like?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
That sink in that bathroom is super adorable!! Seriously that place doesn't look bad at all!! If you don't mind sharing, what was the rate like?

$88 for the night. No breakfast or anything like that, just a minifridge and a small coffee maker.