2A is for fighting 'FOREIGN MILITIAS'

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
'FOREIGN MILITIAS': MSNBC's Nicole Wallace Tries And Fails Explain Purpose Of 2A
"Moderate" Wallace feigns familiarity with the framers.

Wallace was joined by actress Julianne Moore and John Feinblatt, both of whom belong to “Everytown for Gun Safety,” an organization pushing "gun control" led by former New York mayor Michael Bloomberg.

Drawing on New York Times columnist Bret Stephens’ call for repeal of the Second Amendment, Wallace described the Constitution's recognition of the right to keep and bear arms as anachronistic and relating to defense against non-existent foreign threats:

It seems like with this debate we careen from tragedy to tragedy and nothing ever changes. How do you guys stay in the fight? …

You know, I mentioned to you two that a conservative wrote a piece last week that got a lot of attention about maybe opening up the conversation about the Second Amendment; his name’s Bret Stephens, and he said the intellectually honest way to have this debate is to say that this isn’t what was intended; that we are an armed population.

This was a right to bear arms against foreign militias.

black dog

Free America
All of them need to go back to school and pay better attention to RIF..
No where in the 2nd Amendment does it say regulated... But it clearly states People and Shall not Infringe..

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Hijinx

No where in the 2nd Amendment does it say regulated... But it clearly states People and Shall not Infringe..

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Joining up with Bloomberg is the next nest thing to joining up with George Soros.
They both believe they are the only ones qualified to rule the world.

My house insurance renewal came in this weekend. They have included "war" along with "flood" as things not covered.

black dog

Free America
Thanks, I have SF, I don't renew until February but I'll be reading the little print when it does show up..

transporter

My house insurance renewal came in this weekend. They have included "war" along with "flood" as things not covered.

Congrats...for the first time in your life you read your homeowner's policy. "War" has ALWAYS been excluded.

Eight General Exclusions applicable to ALL Homeowner policies:

1.War
2.Neglect
3.Water damage (can be covered in certain geographical regions)
4.Earth movement (can be covered in certain geographical regions)
5.Power failure
6.Ordinance or law
7.Intentional loss
8.Nuclear hazard

http://www.investopedia.com/exam-guide/cfp/property-casualty-liability-insurance/cfp2.asp

Sapidus

You might want to reread that quote a few times. Here’s a hint. Look at the third word

black dog

Free America
You might want to reread that quote a few times. Here’s a hint. Look at the third word

You might want to get a better grasp of those words yourself..

The following are taken from the Oxford English Dictionary, and bracket in time the writing of the 2nd amendment:

1709: "If a liberal Education has formed in us well-regulated Appetites and worthy Inclinations."

1714: "The practice of all well-regulated courts of justice in the world."

1812: "The equation of time ... is the adjustment of the difference of time as shown by a well-regulated clock and a true sun dial."

1848: "A remissness for which I am sure every well-regulated person will blame the Mayor."

1862: "It appeared to her well-regulated mind, like a clandestine proceeding."

1894: "The newspaper, a never wanting adjunct to every well-regulated American embryo city."

The phrase "well-regulated" was in common use long before 1789, and remained so for a century thereafter. It referred to the property of something being in proper working order. Something that was well-regulated was calibrated correctly, functioning as expected. Establishing government oversight of the people's arms was not only not the intent in using the phrase in the 2nd amendment, it was precisely to render the government powerless to do so that the founders wrote it.

SamSpade

Lord save us. For someone who assaults others for being ignorant, you really need a mirror.
Look it up yourself.

I'll start listening when you admit, yeah, I was wrong about that.