Newsweek Calls Christian Values Voters A 'Hate Group'

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Newsweek writes, “President Donald Trump will be the first sitting president to address the Family Research Council’s Values Voter Summit, which the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) described as a “rogues' gallery of the radical right.”

Newsweek adds, “The anti-LGBTQ Family Research Council, labeled as a hate group by the SPLC, has hosted its annual summit since its inception in 2006. … No other sitting president has ever taken the decision to address the summit, although Trump has spoken before the conference on three previous occasions—even during his presidential election campaign.”

Newsweek quotes SPLC President Richard Cohen telling the The Independent: “By appearing at the Values Voter Summit, President Trump is lending the legitimacy of his office to a hate group that relentlessly demonizes LGBTQ people and works to deny them of their equal rights. His appearance puts the lie to his campaign promise to be a friend to the LGBTQ community. Bigotry is not an American value, and our president should speak out against it.”

[clip]

As The Daily Wire has reported, “In 2011, National Review's Charles Cooke pressed the SPLC as to why they weren't tracking the Occupy Wall Street movement after a group affiliated with the movement plotted to blow up a bridge in Cleveland, Ohio. After a back-and-forth with a male representative from the SPLC, Cooke got the representative to admit: "We’re not really set up to cover the extreme Left."

more like SPLC doesn't want to talk about the left

Hijinx

Newsweek writes, “President Donald Trump will be the first sitting president to address the Family Research Council’s Values Voter Summit, which the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) described as a “rogues' gallery of the radical right.”

Newsweek adds, “The anti-LGBTQ Family Research Council, labeled as a hate group by the SPLC, has hosted its annual summit since its inception in 2006. … No other sitting president has ever taken the decision to address the summit, although Trump has spoken before the conference on three previous occasions—even during his presidential election campaign.”

Newsweek quotes SPLC President Richard Cohen telling the The Independent: “By appearing at the Values Voter Summit, President Trump is lending the legitimacy of his office to a hate group that relentlessly demonizes LGBTQ people and works to deny them of their equal rights. His appearance puts the lie to his campaign promise to be a friend to the LGBTQ community. Bigotry is not an American value, and our president should speak out against it.”

[clip]

As The Daily Wire has reported, “In 2011, National Review's Charles Cooke pressed the SPLC as to why they weren't tracking the Occupy Wall Street movement after a group affiliated with the movement plotted to blow up a bridge in Cleveland, Ohio. After a back-and-forth with a male representative from the SPLC, Cooke got the representative to admit: "We’re not really set up to cover the extreme Left."

more like SPLC doesn't want to talk about the left

Please: Show me a bigger hate group than the SPLC.

Hijinx

Spoken like a true bigot. Quick to blame a black group and defend a white one

LMAO You would never blame a white group to defend a black one would you.
Damn you are easy.

By the way my post did fit your description of a hate group.
I could have said the NAACP and been just as correct.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Any group that advocates giving one group less rights because of an inherent trait, sex, sexuality, color, is a hate group.

End of story

Then I guess, by this standard, our college campuses that are committing violence to prevent conservatives from speaking there should be deemed hate groups.

Sapidus

LMAO You would never blame a white group to defend a black one would you.
Damn you are easy.

By the way my post did fit your description of a hate group.
I could have said the NAACP and been just as correct.

A group advocating for equal rights does not equate to a group that advocates for the denigration of the rights of another.

If you were intelligent or educated you would understand that

Sapidus

ah yes, spoken like a true hater

dismissive handwavem .... you are too stupid to understand my Morally Superior position

No you are too stupid or too bigoted or willfully ignorant to understand the english language and the difference between groups advocating for their rights vs a hate group.

PsyOps

Pixelated
A group advocating for equal rights does not equate to a group that advocates for the denigration of the rights of another.

If you were intelligent or educated you would understand that

If I didn't know what this thread was about, I'd swear you were talking about Black Lives Matter.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
No you are too stupid or too bigoted or willfully ignorant to understand the English language and the difference between groups advocating for their rights vs a hate group.

disagreeing with queer marriage [ultimately ANY Gov. involvement in Marriage] is not hate

Hijinx

No you are too stupid or too bigoted or willfully ignorant to understand the english language and the difference between groups advocating for their rights vs a hate group.

You want to see someone who is stupid and bigoted you have to go no further than your mirror.