Must Have Been A 'WHITE' Hispanic

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
On Thursday's Erin Burnett OutFront, CNN correspondent Drew Griffin mistakenly identified the police officer who tragically killed black motorist Philando Castile as being "white" even though former Officer Jeronimo Yanez is Hispanic.

[clip]

The CNN correspondent's mistake came within a piece recounting reports that Russians have tried to use social media to heat up political tensions in the United States. After recalling the case of an apparently Russia-based group called Don't Shoot Us that paints American police officers as biased against blacks and tries to inspire protests, Griffin recalled:

The Russians not only exploited divisive racial issues in the U.S, CNN has learned Don't Shoot Us was operating almost a rapid response to those shootings. In Minnesota last July, the day after Philando Castile was killed by a white police officer, Don't Shoot Us was using social media to organize its own protest.

He added: "The effort failed because local community members determined something was wrong. Turns out they were right, and their suspicions had Russian links."

NBC's Pete Williams notably made the same mistake last month.

Of course, prominent left-leaning American news sources like CNN and the broadcast networks also do their part to stoke racial tensions as they selectively spend much more time reporting on blacks who are killed by police officers -- even though whites killed by police outnumber blacks by a 2-1 margin -- giving the impression that it is nearly always blacks who are targeted.

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/n...-white-police-officer-killed-philando-castile

Toxick

Splat
On Thursday's Erin Burnett OutFront, CNN correspondent Drew Griffin mistakenly identified the police officer who tragically killed black motorist Philando Castile as being "white" even though former Officer Jeronimo Yanez is Hispanic.

I was under the impression that Hispanic was a branch of Caucasian.

I've seen many many demographic apps with a question like this.

[] Caucasian
+--- [] Hispanic?

[] Black

[] Asian

[] Whatevs.

George Zimmerman was Hispanic, and was constantly referred to as a white guy.

Hijinx

I was under the impression that Hispanic was a branch of Caucasian.

I've seen many many demographic apps with a question like this.

[] Caucasian
+--- [] Hispanic?

[] Black

[] Asian

[] Whatevs.

I always considered Hispanics as caucasian, but a lot of the media likes to pursue racism by calling them brown.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

yes because the press / Sharptounge needed to drive the Narrative a white guy shot and killed an innocent an unarmed black guy

and no Hispanics are split off from Whites

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_ethnicity_in_the_United_States

As of July 2016, white Americans are the racial majority. African Americans are the largest racial minority, amounting to 13.3% of the population. Hispanic and Latino Americans amount to 17.8% of the total U.S. population, making up the largest ethnic minority.

[clip]

Ethnicity: Hispanic or Latino origin
See also: Race and ethnicity in Latin America and Ethnic groups in Latin America

The question on Hispanic or Latino origin is separate from the question on race.[3][19] Hispanic and Latino Americans have ethnic origins in the countries of Andorra, Latin America, Spain, and Portugal. Latin American countries are, like the United States, racially diverse.[20] Consequently, no separate racial category exists for Hispanic and Latino Americans, as they do not constitute a race, nor a national group. When responding to the race question on the census form, each person is asked to choose from among the same racial categories as all Americans, and are included in the numbers reported for those races.[21]

Each racial category may contain Non-Hispanic or Latino and Hispanic or Latino Americans. For example: the White (European-American) race category contains Non-Hispanic Whites and Hispanic Whites (see White Hispanic and Latino Americans); the Black or African-American category contains Non-Hispanic Blacks and Hispanic Blacks (see Black Hispanic and Latino Americans); the Asian-American category contains Non-Hispanic Asians and Hispanic Asians (see Asian Hispanic and Latino Americans); and likewise for all the other categories. See the section on Hispanic and Latino Americans in this article.

Self-identifying as both Hispanic or Latino and not Hispanic or Latino is neither explicitly allowed nor explicitly prohibited.[2]

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
...... but a lot of the media likes to pursue racism by calling them brown.

indeed

White Hispanic Origin or NON Hispanic Origin

Any people living in the Mediterranean Basin can be dark brown to lilly white Greeks, Italians, Spanish

stgislander

PREMO Member
I was told by a naturalized citizen from Spain that "Hispanics" are those persons who are products of Spanish and indigenous (Aztec, Mayan, Inca, etc.)ancestors.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
I was told by a naturalized citizen from Spain that "Hispanics" are those persons who are products of Spanish and indigenous (Aztec, Mayan, Inca, etc.)ancestors.

If you travel Central and South American, the “Hispanic” population runs from white to black and every shade in between. I even did business once with a red headed gentleman, he owned a bank.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
If you travel Central and South American, the “Hispanic” population runs from white to black and every shade in between. I even did business once with a red headed gentleman, he owned a bank.

Jose O'Hannilon?