The Right Man at the Right Time

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The hardcore progressives, around 20% of the population, will forever loathe him and regular “run of the mill” Democrats will never think of him as anything but illegitimate -- that’s been the media’s meme since last November.

Even many “middle of the road” Republicans -- who in essence, stake out positions once held by mainstream Democrats before the party mutated into a hard-left progressive movement -- don’t like him either.

Yet, there is a silent majority in this nation who are willing to give the man a chance to succeed. I know the media are already calling his presidency a failure after ten months, but that was expected.

[clip]

Donald Trump, however, refuses to be silent, and you have to respect him for it. For far too long, the Republicans have allowed progressives to dictate the conversation. Utilizing this capability, progressives portray anyone who doesn’t agree with them as heinous. With their control of the media and the entertainment industry, anytime someone diverges from the liberal path, he is publicly vilified. No one wants to be the villain, so most Republicans try to never disagree -- at least, for attribution.

Donald Trump is having none of that; he doesn’t care what anyone says, he stands by his convictions and that has long been missing from our elected Republicans. It is said that politics is Hollywood for ugly people. Yet those people want to be famous, just like those in Hollywood. Sixes and sevens all want to be nines and tens. They want to be invited to all the right parties; they want to rub shoulders with George Clooney and Meryl Streep, some wouldn’t mind being groped by Ben Affleck. They want to go on “The View’ and have Whoopi Goldberg and Joy Behar fawn all over them and tell them how great they are for being so progressive.

Trump doesn’t care; he has already done that. He already is a star. His greatest asset is his ego because he knows who he is and he doesn’t care what people say. In the past, when the left challenged a Republican, the Republican would fold. You can’t win a war if you are afraid to hurt your opponent, just as Obama’s Rules of Engagement (ROE), where our troops weren’t allowed to fire first (the first war in history of mankind where one side was not allowed to shoot first) was losing the war against ISIS and in Afghanistan, conservatives were losing the war of ideas against the autocratic progressive claque.

Trump is not perfect, but he is the perfect man in the age of Twitter. He tells it as he sees it, and he isn’t afraid to make hard decisions and to be portrayed in the media as a buffoon and a failure. He realizes that even were he to bow to the media as deeply as Obama bowed to every potentate and Islamic dictator in the world, the media would still call him a buffoon and a failure. John McCain learned that lesson, although by how he votes today, not well enough. When he was the “Maverick,” trying to walk the liberal path while still being a Republican, the media loved him because he played their game, but once he ran against Obama, they destroyed him.

Hijinx

The hardcore progressives, around 20% of the population, will forever loathe him and regular “run of the mill” Democrats will never think of him as anything but illegitimate -- that’s been the media’s meme since last November.

Even many “middle of the road” Republicans -- who in essence, stake out positions once held by mainstream Democrats before the party mutated into a hard-left progressive movement -- don’t like him either.

Yet, there is a silent majority in this nation who are willing to give the man a chance to succeed. I know the media are already calling his presidency a failure after ten months, but that was expected.

[clip]

Donald Trump, however, refuses to be silent, and you have to respect him for it. For far too long, the Republicans have allowed progressives to dictate the conversation. Utilizing this capability, progressives portray anyone who doesn’t agree with them as heinous. With their control of the media and the entertainment industry, anytime someone diverges from the liberal path, he is publicly vilified. No one wants to be the villain, so most Republicans try to never disagree -- at least, for attribution.

Donald Trump is having none of that; he doesn’t care what anyone says, he stands by his convictions and that has long been missing from our elected Republicans. It is said that politics is Hollywood for ugly people. Yet those people want to be famous, just like those in Hollywood. Sixes and sevens all want to be nines and tens. They want to be invited to all the right parties; they want to rub shoulders with George Clooney and Meryl Streep, some wouldn’t mind being groped by Ben Affleck. They want to go on “The View’ and have Whoopi Goldberg and Joy Behar fawn all over them and tell them how great they are for being so progressive.

Trump doesn’t care; he has already done that. He already is a star. His greatest asset is his ego because he knows who he is and he doesn’t care what people say. In the past, when the left challenged a Republican, the Republican would fold. You can’t win a war if you are afraid to hurt your opponent, just as Obama’s Rules of Engagement (ROE), where our troops weren’t allowed to fire first (the first war in history of mankind where one side was not allowed to shoot first) was losing the war against ISIS and in Afghanistan, conservatives were losing the war of ideas against the autocratic progressive claque.

Trump is not perfect, but he is the perfect man in the age of Twitter. He tells it as he sees it, and he isn’t afraid to make hard decisions and to be portrayed in the media as a buffoon and a failure. He realizes that even were he to bow to the media as deeply as Obama bowed to every potentate and Islamic dictator in the world, the media would still call him a buffoon and a failure. John McCain learned that lesson, although by how he votes today, not well enough. When he was the “Maverick,” trying to walk the liberal path while still being a Republican, the media loved him because he played their game, but once he ran against Obama, they destroyed him.

One thing I would like to see with so many politicians is more convictions.
Half of them belong in jail.

Sapidus

One thing I would like to see with so many politicians is more convictions.
Half of them belong in jail.

Here’s the truth:

“This man in the Oval Office is a soulless coward who thinks that he can only become large by belittling others. This has of course been a common practice of his, but to do it in this manner–and to lie about how previous Presidents responded to the deaths of soldiers–is as low as it gets. We have a pathological liar in the White House: unfit intellectually, emotionally, and psychologically to hold this office and the whole world knows it, especially those around him every day. The people who work with this President should be ashamed because they know it better than anyone just how unfit he is, and yet they choose to do nothing about it. This is their shame most of all”

https://www.thenation.com/article/a-soulless-coward-coach-gregg-popovich-responds-to-trump/

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Here’s the truth:

“This man in the Oval Office is a soulless coward who thinks that he can only become large by belittling others. This has of course been a common practice of his, but to do it in this manner–and to lie about how previous Presidents responded to the deaths of soldiers–is as low as it gets. We have a pathological liar in the White House: unfit intellectually, emotionally, and psychologically to hold this office and the whole world knows it, especially those around him every day. The people who work with this President should be ashamed because they know it better than anyone just how unfit he is, and yet they choose to do nothing about it. This is their shame most of all”

https://www.thenation.com/article/a-soulless-coward-coach-gregg-popovich-responds-to-trump/

Apparently words confound you, this should read "Here's my opinion:"

Hijinx

Here’s the truth:

That is your own opinion and of course you are entitled to it.
The fact that you are full of sh1t definitely leads to your lack of credibility

You never did tell me who you like as a politician and a candidate for President.
Scared?

Sapidus

That is your own opinion and of course you are entitled to it.
The fact that you are full of sh1t definitely leads to your lack of credibility

You never did tell me who you like as a politician and a candidate for President.
Scared?

Are all of you too dumb to understand quotes?

littlelady

God bless the USA

I never called you dumb, but I have said several times that you should be careful what you wish for. In your posts, you seem to support a gov that tells you what to do. I don't think you would really like that situation, if it truly comes to that. JMO.

SamSpade

Everyone does.

Doesn't change that the piece was opinion without any substantive material.

Posting it means you apparently agree with it.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Everyone does.

Doesn't change that the piece was opinion without any substantive material.

Posting it means you apparently agree with it.

Huh? I don't understand your post, which is unusual, because I, usually, agree and love your posts, but this one is confusing.

Maybe this can clear things up. I don't, particularly, like Trump as a person, but he was the right man at the right time. Our beloved country was going to hell in a libprog handbasket. And, Hillary is the ultimate chameleon of all time. Thank you, President Trump. At least, you threw in the wrench that stopped the political madness machine, temporarily, and, hopefully, permanently. I get that there are plenty of prog pols that are mad, but that makes me laugh. Humor is the sustainer of life. If one doesn't have that, one will not survive.

Also, I think that the libprogs didn't realize that the silent majority was so 'yuge'. God bless, America.

What happened? LOL!

Last edited:

This_person

Not only do I understand quotes, I understand the quote feature. You should try to learn it.

But, here is a quote from you on the opinion piece you quoted:
Here’s the truth:

So, you referred to it as "the truth". It is the "truth" in your opinion. It is not the actual truth. The actual truth is that Trump said he was told other presidents did less. Now, unless you've been around Trump 24/7, you kind of have to take him at his word on being told that.

See how "truth" and "opinion" work?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Here’s the truth:

“This man in the Oval Office is a soulless coward who thinks that he can only become large by belittling others.

:killingme

WTF have Progressive been doing since Trump was Elected ...
and what exactly was Hillary doing calling 50% of the country deplorable

what have YOU been doing since you arrived ?

everyone you don't agree with is Stupid, or a Moron

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
I never called you dumb, but I have said several times that you should be careful what you wish for. In your posts, you seem to support a gov that tells you what to do. I don't think you would really like that situation, if it truly comes to that. JMO.

Oh I have, slugs look like genius's compared to Sappy.

SamSpade

Huh? I don't understand your post, which is unusual, because I, usually, agree and love your posts, but this one is confusing.

Did it from my phone so - couldn't quote.

I was responding to the remark of "understanding quotes". The original piece quoted is a simply a whiny complaint about Trump but has no substance other than complaint.
We all "get" quotes - and links - but it doesn't change the fact that it's opinion without analysis or comment on policy or anything.

Might as well be name-calling.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The original piece quoted is a simply a whiny complaint about Trump but has no substance other than complaint.

HUH :shrug:

the OP was about how Trump doesn't care what the left says / does ... he is charging ahead

littlelady

God bless the USA
Did it from my phone so - couldn't quote.

I was responding to the remark of "understanding quotes". The original piece quoted is a simply a whiny complaint about Trump but has no substance other than complaint.
We all "get" quotes - and links - but it doesn't change the fact that it's opinion without analysis or comment on policy or anything.

Might as well be name-calling.

Thanks for the explanation. I get it, now. Thanks! :)

Sapidus

Not only do I understand quotes, I understand the quote feature. You should try to learn it.

But, here is a quote from you on the opinion piece you quoted:

So, you referred to it as "the truth". It is the "truth" in your opinion. It is not the actual truth. The actual truth is that Trump said he was told other presidents did less. Now, unless you've been around Trump 24/7, you kind of have to take him at his word on being told that.
See how "truth" and "opinion" work?

Well how come every single American could have answered that question correctly if asked but Trump just believes whatever he is told? I’ve seen and read about every president doing more. I would think a current president would be aware of how these things are handled?

Shouldnt that be a bit concerning?

This_person

Well how come every single American could have answered that question correctly if asked but Trump just believes whatever he is told? I’ve seen and read about every president doing more. I would think a current president would be aware of how these things are handled?

Shouldnt that be a bit concerning?

"Every single American" can't tell you how many states we have, so I am quite certain that "every single American" could not say whether Obama wrote and called the several thousand families of the people who died in military conflict under his command within a certain number of hours/days. I bet OBAMA couldn't tell you that he did that.

Since the premise of your question is invalid, I find it not concerning.