Santa Trump to put Christmas back into our Happy Holidays

Misfit

Lawful neutral
http://www.wxyz.com/news/president-trump-vows-to-return-merry-christmas-to-national-discourse

(WXYZ) - WASHINGTON (AP) - President Donald Trump assured a high-profile gathering of Christian conservatives on Friday that his administration will defend religious organizations. He's promising a return to traditional American values while again subtly stoking the fire he helped ignite over NFL players kneeling during the national anthem.

He bemoaned the use of the phrase "Happy Holidays" as a secular seasonal greeting and vowed to return "Merry Christmas" to the national discourse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbBKsensXcY

SamSpade

*shrug*

My concern over it was not that people were not saying Merry Christmas - but that people were being pressured or told that they could NOT say it.

Even at my workplace, all references to the season do not even include the word "holiday" - but merely - "end of year".

For all the political correctness, not a soul I've ever spoken to doesn't mock how absurd it is.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
It's always been Merry Christmas to me, and I really try hard to NOT shop at stores that did not allow their employees to say the same.

I'm just offended by people just being offended.:killingme:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Good! I like "Merry Christmas", and I'm not even a Christian or religious person in any way. If people want to say Happy Holidays, have at it. But I will say Merry Christmas and you will like it! And if you don't like it, I will show you the cute accent nail on my middle finger because I don't care what you like - I only care what I like.

:dance:

belvak

Happy Camper
Good! I like "Merry Christmas", and I'm not even a Christian or religious person in any way. If people want to say Happy Holidays, have at it. But I will say Merry Christmas and you will like it! And if you don't like it, I will show you the cute accent nail on my middle finger because I don't care what you like - I only care what I like.

:dance:

:roflmao:

stgislander

PREMO Member
I'm too lazy to say Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, and Happy Kwanzaa. Happy Holidays covers all the bases.