Thread: Santa Trump to put Christmas back into our Happy Holidays

Santa Trump to put Christmas back into our Happy Holidays

http://www.wxyz.com/news/president-t...onal-discourse

(WXYZ) - WASHINGTON (AP) - President Donald Trump assured a high-profile gathering of Christian conservatives on Friday that his administration will defend religious organizations. He's promising a return to traditional American values while again subtly stoking the fire he helped ignite over NFL players kneeling during the national anthem.

He bemoaned the use of the phrase "Happy Holidays" as a secular seasonal greeting and vowed to return "Merry Christmas" to the national discourse.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbBKsensXcY

Don’t take criticism from someone you wouldn’t take advice from.

*shrug*

My concern over it was not that people were not saying Merry Christmas - but that people were being pressured or told that they could NOT say it.

Even at my workplace, all references to the season do not even include the word "holiday" - but merely - "end of year".

For all the political correctness, not a soul I've ever spoken to doesn't mock how absurd it is.
    “Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.".Daniel Webster

Lurking in the background in flat, humid Fl
    It's always been Merry Christmas to me, and I really try hard to NOT shop at stores that did not allow their employees to say the same.

I'm just offended by people just being offended.:
    "In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress." John Adams

Blog Entries
    Good! I like "Merry Christmas", and I'm not even a Christian or religious person in any way. If people want to say Happy Holidays, have at it. But I will say Merry Christmas and you will like it! And if you don't like it, I will show you the cute accent nail on my middle finger because I don't care what you like - I only care what I like.

"Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    Good! I like "Merry Christmas", and I'm not even a Christian or religious person in any way. If people want to say Happy Holidays, have at it. But I will say Merry Christmas and you will like it! And if you don't like it, I will show you the cute accent nail on my middle finger because I don't care what you like - I only care what I like.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm too lazy to say Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, and Happy Kwanzaa. Happy Holidays covers all the bases.
    "Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever." - Shane Falco

Lurking in the background in flat, humid Fl
    Quote Originally Posted by stgislander View Post
    I'm too lazy to say Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, and Happy Kwanzaa. Happy Holidays covers all the bases.
    Happy Holikwanzakuhfestamas!
    "In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress." John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by stgislander View Post
    Hey! You forgot Festivus you insensitive clod!

Quote Originally Posted by Clem72 View Post
    Hey! You forgot Festivus you insensitive clod!
    As I said... covers all the bases.
    "Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever." - Shane Falco

Members who have read this thread: 43