Jimmy Kimmel arbitor of Health Care and Guns

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
It’s that point that should demonstrate the echo chamber in which Kimmel lives. I have spent virtually all of my life as a political minority in the areas in which I live — Los Angeles and Cambridge, Massachusetts. I seek out conversations with people with whom I disagree. After all, my goal is to convince those who disagree that they ought to consider a different point of view. I’d love to have conversations with Kimmel’s audience, even if they disagreed — hell, particularly if they disagreed. Kimmel has every right to speak on issues he sees fit, but if he doesn’t understand that his tenor and tone are insulting to those he supposedly seeks to convert, then what’s the purpose of making those comments? If he derides those who disagree as ignoramuses who should just tune out, why make the point?

The only point is to vent spleen, or to virtue signal to those who disagree. Which means that all the paeans to Kimmel’s supposed bravery in speaking truth to power mean nothing: they’re merely huzzahs from the in-crowd. So much for Jimmy Kimmel as the moral conscience of the nation — more like Jimmy Kimmel, a man celebrated by fellow Left-thinkers as a moral conscience for repeating the opinions they love while dismissing everyone else with a shrug.

Jimmy Kimmel Just Demonstrated He's Not Interested In Discussion. He's Interested In Venting Or Preening.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I have precisely zero interest in what Jimmy Kimmel has to say. I've never even watched his show, just watched the clips where he makes an ass out of himself by pretending to get all weepy over some pet prog political issue.

Hijinx

I have precisely zero interest in what Jimmy Kimmel has to say. I've never even watched his show, just watched the clips where he makes an ass out of himself by pretending to get all weepy over some pet prog political issue.

Him and the horse he rode in on

littlelady

God bless the USA
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...omic-long-before-was-americas-conscience.html

Jimmy Kimmel was your standard Hollywood comedian who had no problem objectifying women for a laugh, long before he was the self-professed moral conscience of America, and some are taking notice.
The country is currently focused on the treatment of women in the entertainment industry on the heels of Harvey Weinstein’s decades-old history of sexual harassment coming to light. Because of this, old footage of Kimmel has resurfaced from before his transformation into the liberal darling of America.
Kimmel was once the co-host of “The Man Show,” which regularly featured bikini-clad women simply jumping on trampolines. This week, a bit from the show circulated in which Kimmel approached women on the street and asked them to guess what was in his pants.

Such disgusting hypocrisy is hard to watch. He, literally, made my skin crawl, and my jaw dropped when watching the video. Pun intended. Humor, and all, y'all!

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

I have not either ....

.... but it is fun to point and laugh, since he injected himself into the national discussion 1st of Health Care, then vilifying Guns

[his whole health care diatribe was :bs:]

SamSpade

I never get how Hollywood constantly heaps praise on people being "brave" for speaking "truth to power".

Brave isn't saying stuff to crowds who cheer you on; brave isn't being invited everywhere to say the same thing to agreeing fans.
And brave certainly isn't when you suffer no ill consequence whatsoever for your beliefs or statements.

Brave is speaking publicly against death threats, in front of a booing crowd, in the midst of an antagonistic press.
Brave is when you face the real fact that you might have to go it alone. In the Bible, prophets were brave because when asked to speak the oracles of God,
they faced derision and were killed, often in horribly gruesome ways. BRAVE people are very often killed for what they say.
Or they are ruined financially, or ridiculed openly by everyone.

It is brave to stand alone against the mob - it is not, when the mob is behind you.

I fully expect that any one of these so-called brave souls will completely recant if they get even the slightest backlash for their behavior.
I don't mean a lone attack or a crazed lunatic or that - they'll cave when the crowd is against them. When the press pours their contempt on them.
Because they're doing it as long as they have cheers and fans and supporters who shout their praise.

Hijinx

I never get how Hollywood constantly heaps praise on people being "brave" for speaking "truth to power".

Brave isn't saying stuff to crowds who cheer you on; brave isn't being invited everywhere to say the same thing to agreeing fans.
And brave certainly isn't when you suffer no ill consequence whatsoever for your beliefs or statements.

Brave is speaking publicly against death threats, in front of a booing crowd, in the midst of an antagonistic press.
Brave is when you face the real fact that you might have to go it alone. In the Bible, prophets were brave because when asked to speak the oracles of God,
they faced derision and were killed, often in horribly gruesome ways. BRAVE people are very often killed for what they say.
Or they are ruined financially, or ridiculed openly by everyone.

It is brave to stand alone against the mob - it is not, when the mob is behind you.

I fully expect that any one of these so-called brave souls will completely recant if they get even the slightest backlash for their behavior.
I don't mean a lone attack or a crazed lunatic or that - they'll cave when the crowd is against them. When the press pours their contempt on them.
Because they're doing it as long as they have cheers and fans and supporters who shout their praise.

When the first one who has said I will quit if told to kneel quits, the BS kneeling will stop.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Do these late night yappers really have that big of an audience? I mean, if the media didn't give them so much attention, who would really know what they said about anything?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Do these late night yappers really have that big of an audience?

Depends on how you consider it. 2 million viewers seems like a lot of eyeballs, but it's less than 1% of the US population. Even if they have 10 million viewers, that still only about 3% of the population. "Millions of people watching" sounds more impressive than it really is.

SamSpade

Depends on how you consider it. 2 million viewers seems like a lot of eyeballs, but it's less than 1% of the US population. Even if they have 10 million viewers, that still only about 3% of the population. "Millions of people watching" sounds more impressive than it really is.

It's still measured as a portion of how many are actually even watching TV at that time. If you have 2 million viewers and 4 million have their TVs on - a 50% share is astounding.

On the other hand -

Late night comedy shows are on the decline. Recently, all the major ones are bringing in a total of about 8 million viewers, when once Leno brought in 6 million just on his own.

Hijinx

It's still measured as a portion of how many are actually even watching TV at that time. If you have 2 million viewers and 4 million have their TVs on - a 50% share is astounding.

On the other hand -

Late night comedy shows are on the decline. Recently, all the major ones are bringing in a total of about 8 million viewers, when once Leno brought in 6 million just on his own.

He attracts the liberals who don't have to get up in the morning to go to work.