Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Patriotic Outrage?

Patriotic Outrage?

Where is the patriotic outrage over the fact that Trump was golfing while the bodies of four soldiers killed in Niger were returned home?

Will we have months of investigations?

Can we hope that he might address the deaths at least?

I know you guys like to answer every question with Obama and Hillary so Iíll ask this question who was on the tarmac when the bodies of the soldiers in Benghazi were returned?

Seems like you guys on claim to Be patriots when itís convenient for you

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...iers-in-niger/

Quote Originally Posted by Sapidus View Post
    Where is the patriotic outrage over the fact that Trump was golfing while the bodies of four soldiers killed in Niger were returned home?

Will we have months of investigations?

Can we hope that he might address the deaths at least?

I know you guys like to answer every question with Obama and Hillary so I’ll ask this question who was on the tarmac when the bodies of the soldiers in Benghazi were returned?

Seems like you guys on claim to Be patriots when it’s convenient for you

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...iers-in-niger/
    You can't even let brave men die without making an ass of yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Hijinx View Post
    It’s been twelve days and trump doesn’t even know when he plans to send letters to the parents. He apparently hasn’t called them either. I guess that #### is only important when democrats are in charge..... MAGA
    "once in a while you can get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right"-TGD

Quote Originally Posted by Hijinx View Post
    Pathetic. Still showing your patriotism only applies when blacks kneel

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightrider View Post
    It’s been twelve days and trump doesn’t even know when he plans to send letters to the parents. He apparently hasn’t called them either. I guess that #### is only important when democrats are in charge..... MAGA
    Monday he said he wrote them over the weekend, and is sending them this week. Not quite sure how that equates to "doesn't even know when he plans to send letters", but, hey, everyone needs a narrative.

This isn't exactly Benghazi - the attack wasn't telegraphed to us, it didn't last for hours and hours and hours with people standing by to help and being told they were not allowed to help, etc. We're not even sure who did this, and it's not like Niger was a hotbed of activity for some time.

He should have said something. There's no doubt about that. It would have been much more appropriate to have had someone there to greet the coffins, there's no doubt about that. He certainly showed very poor showmanship skills on this one. You ghouls are right about that.
    There are only two possibilities; one is that we are alone in the universe, the other is that we are not.
    Both are terrifying.

Quote Originally Posted by This_person View Post
    Monday he said he wrote them over the weekend, and is sending them this week. Not quite sure how that equates to "doesn't even know when he plans to send letters", but, hey, everyone needs a narrative.

This isn't exactly Benghazi - the attack wasn't telegraphed to us, it didn't last for hours and hours and hours with people standing by to help and being told they were not allowed to help, etc. We're not even sure who did this, and it's not like Niger was a hotbed of activity for some time.

He should have said something. There's no doubt about that. It would have been much more appropriate to have had someone there to greet the coffins, there's no doubt about that. He certainly showed very poor showmanship skills on this one. You ghouls are right about that.
    What he said was that he wrote the letters and that he Ďthinksí they are going to go out this week, and then he justified his inaction by lying about previous presidents.

BTW, you just said you donít know what happened, but somehow you have also determined itís not exactly Benghazi.
    And Iím no ghoul, I am pointing out that trump is doing EXACTLY what trumpers bitched about the left doing, and what trump is spun up over with the NFL, disrespecting our men in uniform. Itís not supposed to be showmanship, itís supposed to be heartfelt and compassionate
    "once in a while you can get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right"-TGD

false moral equivalency

Quote Originally Posted by Sapidus View Post

I know you guys like to answer every question with Obama and Hillary .....

you are doing the exact same thing you are bitching about ... hypocrite
    Weíre tempted to suggest a conspiracy here ó but itís just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply canít conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

What he said was that he wrote the letters and that he ‘thinks’ they are going to go out this week, and then he justified his inaction by lying about previous presidents.
    He actually didn't lie about previous presidents. He said he was told something. Unless you've been around him 24/7, you don't know what he was told and therefore you have to take him at his word on that one. Spin away, though, if it makes you feel better.

BTW, you just said you don’t know what happened, but somehow you have also determined it’s not exactly Benghazi.
    When did I say I didn't know what happened? If you read for understanding, you'll see I wrote that we (meaning the United States) aren't sure who did it. A group took credit, but we don't know they actually did it. And, when's the last time you heard about troops being killed in Niger?

And I’m no ghoul, I am pointing out that trump is doing EXACTLY what trumpers bitched about the left doing, and what trump is spun up over with the NFL, disrespecting our men in uniform. It’s not supposed to be showmanship, it’s supposed to be heartfelt and compassionate
    If you're blatantly politicizing military deaths, you are a ghoul in my opinion. I agree it is not supposed to be showmanship and should be heartfelt and compassionate. None of that changes the fact that there is showmanship involved, and he ####ed his up. There is such a thing as appearing presidential, and he didn't in this case. No one in his administration, it would appear, did. That's a justifiable thing to bitch about, in my humble opinion. And, it can be done without politicizing the deaths.
    There are only two possibilities; one is that we are alone in the universe, the other is that we are not.
    Both are terrifying.

Quote Originally Posted by This_person View Post
    He actually didn't lie about previous presidents. He said he was told something. Unless you've been around him 24/7, you don't know what he was told and therefore you have to take him at his word on that one. Spin away, though, if it makes you feel better.

When did I say I didn't know what happened? If you read for understanding, you'll see I wrote that we (meaning the United States) aren't sure who did it. A group took credit, but we don't know they actually did it. And, when's the last time you heard about troops being killed in Niger?

If you're blatantly politicizing military deaths, you are a ghoul in my opinion. I agree it is not supposed to be showmanship and should be heartfelt and compassionate. None of that changes the fact that there is showmanship involved, and he ####ed his up. There is such a thing as appearing presidential, and he didn't in this case. No one in his administration, it would appear, did. That's a justifiable thing to bitch about, in my humble opinion. And, it can be done without politicizing the deaths.
    So trump not showing respect to slain special forces is a legitimate gripe but people shouldn’t ‘politicize the deaths’. How are the people who are upset about this allowed to address it, in your book?

Trump lied to justify his inaction, he got called on that lie by a reporter who had the facts, and then trump walked it back to ‘I was told.’ That’s what liars do when they get busted. Only a trumper would suck down that BS

So trump not showing respect to slain special forces is a legitimate gripe but people shouldn’t ‘politicize the deaths’. How are the people who are upset about this allowed to address it, in your book?
    I have done it several times in this thread.

I guess one needs to figure that out for themselves.

Trump lied to justify his inaction, he got called on that lie by a reporter who had the facts, and then trump walked it back to ‘I was told.’ That’s what liars do when they get busted. Only a trumper would suck down that BS
    I've seen more reporters lie and twist words and make misleading statements than politicians do. And, yes, that's saying one hell of a lot.

We can agree that Mr. Trump is a piss-poor communicator. That does not automatically mean he is lying.
    Both are terrifying.

Members who have read this thread: 86