Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Patriotic Outrage?

Quote Originally Posted by Sapidus View Post
    Oh really?

What about all the proof? Insulting a gold star family. Insulting a POW

Golfing while the bodies of four green berets are brought back to Andrews and. Not calling or writing their families. And lying about other presidents responses.

Can you show me another president that has done any of those things?
    Guess who?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    When you lie down with dogs, you're going to get fleas....

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    How is it that you don't see how crazy you sound when you do this?

Yoi sont need to know everything but if you make an absolute statement in front of the press you should be sure it is true. That is common sense. Something Trump is lacking
    You mean "absolute statements" like:
    "I don't know if he did..."
    "President Obama I think probably did sometimes, and maybe sometimes he didn't. I don't know. That's what I was told."

Are those the strong, unequivocable, definitive, "absolute" statements you're speaking of?

You could call it a PR stunt or compassion depending on your level of cynicism If I had to say who’s response showed a willingness to take responsibility as the highest offfice in the land ultimately does it would be Obama’s
    No one called it a stunt, but it should be compassion.

Obama never once took responsibility. We never heard a thing from him except, "Bush did it, this is Bush's fault, Bush established the rules here..." etc., etc. Obama went to the coffins of the four back from Benghazi because it was a good PR stunt. How many others did he do like that?
    There are only two possibilities; one is that we are alone in the universe, the other is that we are not.
    Both are terrifying.

3. 10-17-2017, 09:11 AM

Quote Originally Posted by This_person View Post
    What was the insult?

Are you serious? How about when Bush was horrifically ridiculed for his golfing (so he stopped cold turkey) and Obama was repeatedly ridiculed for his golfing - both during times of national "crisis" moments, both going right back to the tees after some "we will not rest until" statement was made.

See, this is where ignorant becomes stupid. You've been given the truth, and stick to the misleading or fully-inaccurate spin.
    How did you go from golfing instead of being there to receive the bodies to golfing during times of crisis!? Keep stretching the definitions of normal behavior to try to excuse Trump.

Isnít true he has not contacted the families yet? He can sayĒ I wrote lettersĒ. ďIím gonna callĒ. Thatís not good enough for Troops who have their lives for this country. Yet you complain about how disrespectful kneeling toward the flag is. You really gotta get your priorities straight

Oh really?

Golfing while the bodies of four green berets are brought back to Andrews and. Not calling or writing their families. And lying about other presidents responses.

Obama Exults in Chipping It in While 6 Families of American Soldiers Make Funeral Arrangements

And you're obviously not old enough to remember Bill Clinton and his untimely golf outings.

And I'm going to tell you another thing... As a veteran, I can comfortably say Obama was a military embarrassment. He dismantled nearly all of the efforts our military made in the war on terror, all while trying to call the war something other than what it was, all the while going around the world apologizing for what this country has done. I assure you, Obama angered a lot of veterans.
    Last edited by PsyOps; 10-17-2017 at 09:27 AM.
    "Never let the old man in." - Clint Eastwood quoting an old friend

Blog Entries
    Oh really?

"Wah wah wah! Donald Trump! Wah wah wah!! : "

Your faux outrage is highly amusing to me.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PsyOps View Post
    Obama Exults in Chipping It in While 6 Families of American Soldiers Make Funeral Arrangements

And you're obviously not old enough to remember Bill Clinton and his untimely golf outings.
    But...but...but... Donald Trump! :
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

All of a sudden this Sap fellow feels for the troops.

All I can do is shake my head.

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    But...but...but... Donald Trump! :
    I'm not going to defend Trump's response to any of these things. Presidents are at the mercy of their advisors. If Trump wasn't properly informed about what's going on, he's just not going to know. The president lives in a bubble where they really only know what their advisors tell them. They are chasing thousands of issues and events every single day, and can't possibly know every single thing going on at every single moment.
    "Never let the old man in." - Clint Eastwood quoting an old friend

Quote Originally Posted by This_person View Post
    I have done it several times in this thread.

I guess one needs to figure that out for themselves.

I've seen more reporters lie and twist words and make misleading statements than politicians do. And, yes, that's saying one hell of a lot.

We can agree that Mr. Trump is a piss-poor communicator. That does not automatically mean he is lying.
    That wasn’t poor communicating. It was lying to cover for the fact that Trump had done what he and the right had criticized obama for. Trump lies all the time. That is what makes him a liar

Quote Originally Posted by PsyOps View Post

And I'm going to tell you another thing... As a veteran, I can comfortably say Obama was a military embarrassment. He dismantled nearly all of the efforts our military made in the war on terror, all while trying to call the war something other than what it was, all the while going around the world apologizing for what this country has done. I assure you, Obama angered a lot of veterans.
    Which proves the right was upset by obama not showing what they thought was proper respect for slain soldiers.
    This wouldn’t de so hypocritical for trump except he picked a fight with the NFL claiming the moral high ground of supporting and respecting our troops.
    "once in a while you can get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right"-TGD

Midnight and Sap think so much alike.
    Are they twins?

Members who have read this thread: 86