Patriotic Outrage?

Sapidus

Where is the patriotic outrage over the fact that Trump was golfing while the bodies of four soldiers killed in Niger were returned home?

Will we have months of investigations?

Can we hope that he might address the deaths at least?

I know you guys like to answer every question with Obama and Hillary so I’ll ask this question who was on the tarmac when the bodies of the soldiers in Benghazi were returned?

Seems like you guys on claim to Be patriots when it’s convenient for you

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ter-the-deaths-of-four-u-s-soldiers-in-niger/

Hijinx

Where is the patriotic outrage over the fact that Trump was golfing while the bodies of four soldiers killed in Niger were returned home?

Will we have months of investigations?

Can we hope that he might address the deaths at least?

I know you guys like to answer every question with Obama and Hillary so I’ll ask this question who was on the tarmac when the bodies of the soldiers in Benghazi were returned?

Seems like you guys on claim to Be patriots when it’s convenient for you

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ter-the-deaths-of-four-u-s-soldiers-in-niger/

You can't even let brave men die without making an ass of yourself.

Midnightrider

You can't even let brave men die without making an ass of yourself.

It’s been twelve days and trump doesn’t even know when he plans to send letters to the parents. He apparently hasn’t called them either. I guess that #### is only important when democrats are in charge..... MAGA

This_person

It’s been twelve days and trump doesn’t even know when he plans to send letters to the parents. He apparently hasn’t called them either. I guess that #### is only important when democrats are in charge..... MAGA

Monday he said he wrote them over the weekend, and is sending them this week. Not quite sure how that equates to "doesn't even know when he plans to send letters", but, hey, everyone needs a narrative.

This isn't exactly Benghazi - the attack wasn't telegraphed to us, it didn't last for hours and hours and hours with people standing by to help and being told they were not allowed to help, etc. We're not even sure who did this, and it's not like Niger was a hotbed of activity for some time.

He should have said something. There's no doubt about that. It would have been much more appropriate to have had someone there to greet the coffins, there's no doubt about that. He certainly showed very poor showmanship skills on this one. You ghouls are right about that.

Midnightrider

Monday he said he wrote them over the weekend, and is sending them this week. Not quite sure how that equates to "doesn't even know when he plans to send letters", but, hey, everyone needs a narrative.

This isn't exactly Benghazi - the attack wasn't telegraphed to us, it didn't last for hours and hours and hours with people standing by to help and being told they were not allowed to help, etc. We're not even sure who did this, and it's not like Niger was a hotbed of activity for some time.

He should have said something. There's no doubt about that. It would have been much more appropriate to have had someone there to greet the coffins, there's no doubt about that. He certainly showed very poor showmanship skills on this one. You ghouls are right about that.

What he said was that he wrote the letters and that he ‘thinks’ they are going to go out this week, and then he justified his inaction by lying about previous presidents.

BTW, you just said you don’t know what happened, but somehow you have also determined it’s not exactly Benghazi.
And I’m no ghoul, I am pointing out that trump is doing EXACTLY what trumpers bitched about the left doing, and what trump is spun up over with the NFL, disrespecting our men in uniform. It’s not supposed to be showmanship, it’s supposed to be heartfelt and compassionate

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
:yawn:

false moral equivalency

I know you guys like to answer every question with Obama and Hillary .....

you are doing the exact same thing you are bitching about ... hypocrite

This_person

What he said was that he wrote the letters and that he ‘thinks’ they are going to go out this week, and then he justified his inaction by lying about previous presidents.

He actually didn't lie about previous presidents. He said he was told something. Unless you've been around him 24/7, you don't know what he was told and therefore you have to take him at his word on that one. Spin away, though, if it makes you feel better.

BTW, you just said you don’t know what happened, but somehow you have also determined it’s not exactly Benghazi.

When did I say I didn't know what happened? If you read for understanding, you'll see I wrote that we (meaning the United States) aren't sure who did it. A group took credit, but we don't know they actually did it. And, when's the last time you heard about troops being killed in Niger?

And I’m no ghoul, I am pointing out that trump is doing EXACTLY what trumpers bitched about the left doing, and what trump is spun up over with the NFL, disrespecting our men in uniform. It’s not supposed to be showmanship, it’s supposed to be heartfelt and compassionate

If you're blatantly politicizing military deaths, you are a ghoul in my opinion. I agree it is not supposed to be showmanship and should be heartfelt and compassionate. None of that changes the fact that there is showmanship involved, and he ####ed his up. There is such a thing as appearing presidential, and he didn't in this case. No one in his administration, it would appear, did. That's a justifiable thing to bitch about, in my humble opinion. And, it can be done without politicizing the deaths.

Midnightrider

He actually didn't lie about previous presidents. He said he was told something. Unless you've been around him 24/7, you don't know what he was told and therefore you have to take him at his word on that one. Spin away, though, if it makes you feel better.

When did I say I didn't know what happened? If you read for understanding, you'll see I wrote that we (meaning the United States) aren't sure who did it. A group took credit, but we don't know they actually did it. And, when's the last time you heard about troops being killed in Niger?

If you're blatantly politicizing military deaths, you are a ghoul in my opinion. I agree it is not supposed to be showmanship and should be heartfelt and compassionate. None of that changes the fact that there is showmanship involved, and he ####ed his up. There is such a thing as appearing presidential, and he didn't in this case. No one in his administration, it would appear, did. That's a justifiable thing to bitch about, in my humble opinion. And, it can be done without politicizing the deaths.

So trump not showing respect to slain special forces is a legitimate gripe but people shouldn’t ‘politicize the deaths’. How are the people who are upset about this allowed to address it, in your book?

Trump lied to justify his inaction, he got called on that lie by a reporter who had the facts, and then trump walked it back to ‘I was told.’ That’s what liars do when they get busted. Only a trumper would suck down that BS

This_person

So trump not showing respect to slain special forces is a legitimate gripe but people shouldn’t ‘politicize the deaths’. How are the people who are upset about this allowed to address it, in your book?

I have done it several times in this thread.

:shrug:

I guess one needs to figure that out for themselves.

Trump lied to justify his inaction, he got called on that lie by a reporter who had the facts, and then trump walked it back to ‘I was told.’ That’s what liars do when they get busted. Only a trumper would suck down that BS

I've seen more reporters lie and twist words and make misleading statements than politicians do. And, yes, that's saying one hell of a lot.

We can agree that Mr. Trump is a piss-poor communicator. That does not automatically mean he is lying.

transporter

Yes...he did actually lie. You really need to pay attention. If you people would open your eyes you would see what the rest of the world sees. This is from the official White House transcript:
Q Earlier, you said that President Obama never called the families of fallen soldiers. How can you make that claim?

THE PRESIDENT: I don't know if he did. No, no, no, I was told that he didn't often. And a lot of Presidents don't; they write letters. I do --

Q (Inaudible.)

THE PRESIDENT: Excuse me, Peter. I do a combination of both. Sometimes -- it’s a very difficult thing to do, but I do a combination of both. President Obama I think probably did sometimes, and maybe sometimes he didn't. I don't know. That's what I was told. All I can do -- all I can do is ask my generals. Other Presidents did not call. They’d write letters. And some Presidents didn't do anything. But I like the combination of -- I like, when I can, the combination of a call and also a letter.

The how do you feel about Trump's statement? He wasn't asked what other President's did. He was asked why HE has made no reference to the deaths of the 4 Green Berets. Simple question. Trump, being Trump had no answer (as he has no answer for most things if you actually listen to him) so he--yet again--tried to deflect from his failure by making up sh*t about others and, after spouting a lie claims ignorance (easy for him to do since he has so little actual knowledge of anything) and blames his staff. Same bulls!t when he tried to claim he has the largest electoral college victory in history.

Q Why haven't we heard anything from you so far about the Soldiers that were killed in Niger? And what do you have to say about that?

THE PRESIDENT: I've written them personal letters. They've been sent, or they're going out tonight, but they were written during the weekend. I will, at some point during the period of time, call the parents and the families -- because I have done that, traditionally. I felt very, very badly about that. I always feel badly. It's the toughest -- the toughest calls I have to make are the calls where this happens, soldiers are killed. It's a very difficult thing. Now, it gets to a point where, you know, you make four or five of them in one day -- it's a very, very tough day. For me, that's by far the toughest.

So, the traditional way -- if you look at President Obama and other Presidents, most of them didn't make calls, a lot of them didn't make calls. I like to call when it's appropriate, when I think I'm able to do it. They have made the ultimate sacrifice.

So, generally, I would say that I like to call. I'm going to be calling them. I want a little time to pass. I'm going to be calling them. I have -- as you know, since I've been President, I have.

But in addition, I actually wrote letters individually to the soldiers we're talking about, and they're going to be going out either today or tomorrow.

This is our President. Completely UN-Presidential. If Vrai still doesn't understand what "being Presidential" means, all she has to do is watch our current Pres. He is the perfect example of what "being President" is NOT.

This the same guy who pissed on John McCain's was record and a gold star mother and father. Then turns around and claims kneeling during the national anthem is some massive national disgrace? Or that reaching out to the families of fallen soldiers is something to be flippant about?

Here is another great ex. from the same press conference:

Q (Inaudible) -- Mr. President, people don't have drinking water.

THE PRESIDENT: Well, we've delivered tremendous amounts of water. Then what you have to do is you have to have distribution of the water by the people on the island. So we have massive amounts of water. We have massive amounts of food. But they have to distribute the food, and they have to do this. They have to distribute the food to the people on the island.

So what we've done is we now actually having military distributing food -- something that really they shouldn’t have to be doing.

That is EXACTLY what the military does in time of crisis/national disaster. Just more confirmation that this guy has no business, none, being President.

This_person

The how do you feel about Trump's statement?

I think I've made that clear. I'm not pleased. I think he showed very poor optics. His PR game is poor. What else can I say?

He wasn't asked what other President's did. He was asked why HE has made no reference to the deaths of the 4 Green Berets. Simple question. Trump, being Trump had no answer (as he has no answer for most things if you actually listen to him) so he--yet again--tried to deflect from his failure by making up sh*t about others and, after spouting a lie claims ignorance (easy for him to do since he has so little actual knowledge of anything) and blames his staff. Same bulls!t when he tried to claim he has the largest electoral college victory in history.

That's a fine opinion. I simply disagree with it.

Here is another great ex. from the same press conference:

Q (Inaudible) -- Mr. President, people don't have drinking water.

THE PRESIDENT: Well, we've delivered tremendous amounts of water. Then what you have to do is you have to have distribution of the water by the people on the island. So we have massive amounts of water. We have massive amounts of food. But they have to distribute the food, and they have to do this. They have to distribute the food to the people on the island.

So what we've done is we now actually having military distributing food -- something that really they shouldn’t have to be doing.

That is EXACTLY what the military does in time of crisis/national disaster. Just more confirmation that this guy has no business, none, being President.

You understand, that is NOT "exactly what the military does" in America, right? Generally speaking, state and local authorities work with private companies and FEMA providing taxpayer funding and organizational support, and volunteers, and the stuff gets distributed. We do it for third world countries because they are so disorganized and corrupt they need our military doing it. But, how many federal troops were in FL? Some, maybe, but that was not the general distribution process.

In PR, the local authorities can't get the stuff distributed (like in a third world country) without taking bribes, and charging taxes, and all of that. PR is not acting like, nor prepared like, nor has the infrastructure of, an American state. Against their own laws they are trying to take money before they will distribute. The ONLY people able to distribute without being shafter are the US military.

The emergency is long since over. Federal EMERGENCY Management and US military have no business still being involved. But, PR won't (not can't) handle it themselves, so our military members are taken from their day job to become Red Cross workers. That's not what is supposed to happen.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
This the same guy who pissed on John McCain's was record and a gold star mother and father.

McCain was a mediocre bottom rater .... and that gold star family was trotted out by the left as some prize Beagle
stick your nose into politics expect some back lash

Bull s h i t

the JOB of the Military is DEFENSE of the Country ... delivering relief supplies is a CIVILIAN JOB

Last edited:

black dog

Free America
It's a constant source of bewilderment how little some folks know what the military does, then I realize that non of them actually served and they are gullible enough to believe what they see on TV.

Sapidus

Oh the hypocrisy is strong in this one.

How many times have you brought up Benghazi? But you aren’t politicizing it. You are on some crusade for the truth? Bs

Also a president should be intelligent enough to know what his predecessors have done. If someone told him Obama was a Kenyan with a fake birth certificate would he just believe that? Sounds like the behavior of someone not intelligent enough to serve as president

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Yeah, if you progs are trying to insinuate that Trump doesn't respect the military, you are hard barking up the wrong tree.

Perhaps you heard his press conference yesterday, but I'm guessing not. More likely you just heard the "synopsis" and "excerpt" from your brainwashers, and they told you to run to social media and blather your talking points. And that's fine - whatever keeps you off the streets - but you're not going to sell the narrative that Trump is disrespectful or dismissive of the military. It's stupid to even try.

Sapidus

Yeah, if you progs are trying to insinuate that Trump doesn't respect the military, you are hard barking up the wrong tree.

Perhaps you heard his press conference yesterday, but I'm guessing not. More likely you just heard the "synopsis" and "excerpt" from your brainwashers, and they told you to run to social media and blather your talking points. And that's fine - whatever keeps you off the streets - but you're not going to sell the narrative that Trump is disrespectful or dismissive of the military. It's stupid to even try.

Oh really?

What about all the proof? Insulting a gold star family. Insulting a POW

Golfing while the bodies of four green berets are brought back to Andrews and. Not calling or writing their families. And lying about other presidents responses.

Can you show me another president that has done any of those things?

This_person

How many times have you brought up Benghazi? But you aren’t politicizing it. You are on some crusade for the truth? Bs

I bring up the incompetency of the Sec State and President (at the time), not their deaths. I never once brought up who was there when the bodies were flown in, or who was golfing, or any of that. Those are optics.

Are you here to suggest that the DoD was incompetent? It's a possibility, I haven't looked into it. We KNOW, beyond a shadow of a doubt, Sec Clinton was incompetent in the way she ran State. Her management directly lead to the deaths of those people. If you have some reason to believe Sec. Mattis is somehow incompetent, I'm glad to read your point of view and evidence. If there were reasons to know that these Green Berets would be attacked (like Benghazi), and it was ignored, followed by military offers to provide support (that were ignored, like Benghazi), followed by Sec. Mattis blatantly lying to the families of the fallen and the nation in general, followed by Amb. Haley lying to the public (like Rice), then I'll be happy to hear the parallels. But, I am not really talking about the optics of the dead people with Benghazi, I'm talking about the demonstrated incompetence of Sec. Clinton and Pres. Obama.

Also a president should be intelligent enough to know what his predecessors have done.

That's certainly an opinion, one with which I simply disagree on the concept of knowing everything every predecessor ever did.

Sapidus

I bring up the incompetency of the Sec State and President (at the time), not their deaths. I never once brought up who was there when the bodies were flown in, or who was golfing, or any of that. Those are optics.

Are you here to suggest that the DoD was incompetent? It's a possibility, I haven't looked into it. We KNOW, beyond a shadow of a doubt, Sec Clinton was incompetent in the way she ran State. Her management directly lead to the deaths of those people. If you have some reason to believe Sec. Mattis is somehow incompetent, I'm glad to read your point of view and evidence. If there were reasons to know that these Green Berets would be attacked (like Benghazi), and it was ignored, followed by military offers to provide support (that were ignored, like Benghazi), followed by Sec. Mattis blatantly lying to the families of the fallen and the nation in general, followed by Amb. Haley lying to the public (like Rice), then I'll be happy to hear the parallels. But, I am not really talking about the optics of the dead people with Benghazi, I'm talking about the demonstrated incompetence of Sec. Clinton and Pres. Obama.

That's certainly an opinion, one with which I simply disagree on the concept of knowing everything every predecessor ever did.
Yoi sont need to know everything but if you make an absolute statement in front of the press you should be sure it is true. That is common sense. Something Trump is lacking

You could call it a PR stunt or compassion depending on your level of cynicism If I had to say who’s response showed a willingness to take responsibility as the highest offfice in the land ultimately does it would be Obama’s

This_person

Insulting a gold star family.

What was the insult?

Golfing while the bodies of four green berets are brought back to Andrews

Are you serious? How about when Bush was horrifically ridiculed for his golfing (so he stopped cold turkey) and Obama was repeatedly ridiculed for his golfing - both during times of national "crisis" moments, both going right back to the tees after some "we will not rest until" statement was made.

Not calling or writing their families. And lying about other presidents responses.

See, this is where ignorant becomes stupid. You've been given the truth, and stick to the misleading or fully-inaccurate spin.