School Students Walkout Because English Teacher Said "SPEAK AMERICAN"

Misfit

Lawful neutral
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/latino...teacher-tells-students-speak-american-n811256

CLIFFSIDE PARK, N.J. — Students staged a walkout on Monday after a cellphone video appeared to show a New Jersey high school English teacher reprimanding three students for speaking Spanish and telling them to speak "American."

The teacher told the students that U.S. soldiers are "not fighting for your right to speak Spanish — they're fighting for your right to speak American." The video of the teacher's comments was originally posted on Snapchat and obtained by NBC News.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oH8cst8PolI

Last edited:

PsyOps

Pixelated
Which is why I think it's Nothing But Crap from the Nothing But Crap network.:rolleyes:

Well, the video is right there of the teacher saying it. I think it's perfectly appropriate for an ENGLISH teacher to demand the class to speak ENGLISH. Just like a Spanish teacher might demand her class speak Spanish during her class. Quite honestly, 'American' is not a language. If we want to make English our official language, I'm all for that, but the language will be called English, not American. In Mexico, they speak Spanish. In Canada they speak either French or English.

Of course, if the teacher had demanded the class speak English, I believe the result would have been the same - the class would have walked out on her. How DARE an English teacher demand her class to speak English. What's next, that a math teacher teacher demand that they do math in her class instead of history?

b23hqb

PREMO Member
What is "speaking American"? Like - Dude! - errrrr - wha's up, homie? You the man! - lol bff - you gots no reasons - ya know?......etc.?

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
What is "speaking American"?

cash-me-ousside.2e16d0ba.fill-1200x630-c0.png

gemma_rae

Well, the video is right there of the teacher saying it. I think it's perfectly appropriate for an ENGLISH teacher to demand the class to speak ENGLISH. Just like a Spanish teacher might demand her class speak Spanish during her class. Quite honestly, 'American' is not a language. If we want to make English our official language, I'm all for that, but the language will be called English, not American. In Mexico, they speak Spanish. In Canada they speak either French or English.

Of course, if the teacher had demanded the class speak English, I believe the result would have been the same - the class would have walked out on her. How DARE an English teacher demand her class to speak English. What's next, that a math teacher teacher demand that they do math in her class instead of history?

Did NBC vet the video? Pinky swear it was legit? Cross their heart and hope to die, stick a needle in their eye?:killingme

I'm simply giving them the credibility they've earned, no offense to you. :howdy: