Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why Supply-Side Economics Is Right And Keynesian Economics Is Wrong

Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post
    And Democrats have interpreted it all to mean, spend big during the good times, spend even MORE during the down times.

Which was MY POINT ...... but Ol'Toe JAM just likes to be a dick

democrats trout out Keynes for the down times, and spend like drunken sailors when the money flows in
    We’re tempted to suggest a conspiracy here — but it’s just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply can’t conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

Visualize whirled peas Merlin99's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by transporter View Post
    Wrong, as usual.

Keynes point was to build up reserves during good times to spend them in downtimes. In other words, govt should raise tax revenue during good times and lower tax revenue during bad times. People like you never understand that this is a two sided equation. People like you also never understand that this is not a Democrat only problem. The current deficit problem started under Reagan.

Republicans don't want to reduce the deficit or debt any more than Dems do. If you don't understand this, then just look at the current discussions about tax cuts.
    I kind of agree with you here, but I prefer the R's spending over the D's anyways. The R's tend to go towards military spending while the D's go towards social spending.
    ‎"I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake"

Quote Originally Posted by GURPS View Post

Which was MY POINT ...... but Ol'Toe JAM just likes to be a dick

democrats trout out Keynes for the down times, and spend like drunken sailors when the money flows in
    I always like Ronnie's comment on spending like drunken sailors...

“Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.".Daniel Webster

Members who have read this thread: 27