Traffic Lights on Base Prior to 0530

RetiredCPO

Anyone within NAS PAX leadership know why the traffic light pattern on base prior to 0530 was changed? All intersections were flashing yellow on the main route entering base prior to 0530 and are now flashing red. Not only is there very little traffic if any at all approaching from the cross streets, it's also a major waste of fuel having to stop multiple times coming to work. In my 10 years on base, I only know of one accident that occurred at the CPR/Buse intersection and that was on a weekend during the day. I can't fathom why they were changed unless it to increase traffic citations for those who blow through the intersections not realizing the lights changed.

3CATSAILOR

Anyone within NAS PAX leadership know why the traffic light pattern on base prior to 0530 was changed? All intersections were flashing yellow on the main route entering base prior to 0530 and are now flashing red. Not only is there very little traffic if any at all approaching from the cross streets, it's also a major waste of fuel having to stop multiple times coming to work. In my 10 years on base, I only know of one accident that occurred at the CPR/Buse intersection and that was on a weekend during the day. I can't fathom why they were changed unless it to increase traffic citations for those who blow through the intersections not realizing the lights changed.

Send the CO an email and see what he says.

PeoplesElbow

A couple months ago I was coming in gate 2, the first light is flashing yellow and the cross traffic has a flashing red light, a car pulled out right in front of me assuming that I also had a flashing red. I slammed on the brakes, honked and got the finger.

glhs837

Power with Control
Safety first.
That is all.

Well, no, because 5mph is safer than 35mph, but we don't set 5mph speed limits. I'm almost never on base that early but I think a mix of four way reds and two way reds and yellows leads to confusion. I hit the one just in from Gate One a week or so ago and it was four way red, which threw me, I assumed the incoming from the gate would have flashing yellow, so when they stopped I was confused.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Well, no, because 5mph is safer than 35mph, but we don't set 5mph speed limits. I'm almost never on base that early but I think a mix of four way reds and two way reds and yellows leads to confusion. I hit the one just in from Gate One a week or so ago and it was four way red, which threw me, I assumed the incoming from the gate would have flashing yellow, so when they stopped I was confused.

Like I said, safety first for stupid people.

Theodore

I came thru there this morning and sure enuf a base cop had somebody pulled over giving him a ticket I assume. it has been happening for about a week now. I hate it!

lucky_bee

RBF expert
They changed it on the weekends as well. Used to be flashing yellow thru most intersections except the active runway. Now, they're all flashing red and the active runway is green :doh: