About That AID to Puerto Rico .............

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Video Shows Where Puerto Rico's Aid Went (Spoiler: It's In A Dumpster In Puerto Rico)
"It was a negligent and for me criminal ..."

In light of the outcry from one particularly vocal Democratic mayor in Puerto Rico about relief efforts after Hurricane Maria, a video is quickly making its way across the internet purportedly showing what happened to many of the supplies sent to help the locals who were devastated by the storm.

The video shows a man shocked to find what looks like a shipping container-sized bin filled with box after box of unopened meals that have been discarded. When the camera pans, you can see a semi-truck trailer right behind the dumpster, which raises the question, "Did those supplies go straight from the truck to the trash?"

[clip]

Marin states: "We got tipped about the mishandling of some of the supplies in a distribution center in Patilla, and we were able to corroborate what we didn't want to see. In a garbage dump truck we found pallets full of meals ready to be distributed at one time but now all spoiled. They were left under the rain in the open air under the sun subject to rodents and animals."

Just two weeks ago, San Juan Mayor Carmen Yul#n Cruz gave an impassioned speech calling out President Trump for what she sees as sub-par relief efforts while standing in front of pallets of unopened supplies donated by companies.

let them and their corrrupt government starve

transporter

Just to point out the stupidity of GURPS' propaganda and the ignorance of Hijinx for his continued failure to look up ANYTHING.

The Democratic mayor of San Juan doesn't have one damned thing to do with food distribution in Patillas. Patillas is on the southern coast and San Juan is on the northern coast. They are different municipalities.

For those who still can't understand the difference, it is like blaming the mayor of Philly for something that happened in Atlanta.

Additionally, the problems in Puerto Rico are much larger than one damn truckload. But you folks just go ahead and continue to fool yourselves into thinking every problem that has ever existed since the beginning of time (and we all know that time began on 01-20-2009) is the fault of Democrats.

Hijinx

Just to point out the stupidity of GURPS' propaganda and the ignorance of Hijinx for his continued failure to look up ANYTHING.

The Democratic mayor of San Juan doesn't have one damned thing to do with food distribution in Patillas. Patillas is on the southern coast and San Juan is on the northern coast. They are different municipalities.

For those who still can't understand the difference, it is like blaming the mayor of Philly for something that happened in Atlanta.

Additionally, the problems in Puerto Rico are much larger than one damn truckload. But you folks just go ahead and continue to fool yourselves into thinking every problem that has ever existed since the beginning of time (and we all know that time began on 01-20-2009) is the fault of Democrats.

You think you are so frigging smart. Please show me where in that post I blamed the mayor.
All I said was why did the food rot. Why didn't they just call the people and tell them to help themselves.
But you are so got dam smart you and you so love to toss out digs you just couldn't let that go.

Get a life. Azzhole.

limblips

PREMO Member
It is hard to believe that the best thing to happen to Puerto Rico in the last 50 years is a hurricane. The slugs defaulted on bonds and loans, have a corrupt government, deny they want statehood but want all of the benefits of statehood and cry that their own government doesn't bend over for them. They wasted years of infrastructure funds from the U.S. through corruption and stupidity and now they will get billions in debt forgiveness and rebuilding money. We should help the people of P.R. but not until the entire corrupt government is replaced and we install a temporary business oriented rebuilding entity. They have sucked from the teat of the U.S. without taxes long enough.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

no it goes to the gross miss management of relief efforts in PR ..... the Trump hating Mayor stands in from of pallets of supplies whining Trump is killing us

while UNION Slugs never report to work

miles away somewhere else ... people are throwing away supplies

littlelady

God bless the USA
I knew PR was a territory, but not that it refused to be a state, nor the fact that they don't pay US taxes. With all the waste that just happened with relief from the US and people with big hearts, I say cut them loose. We don't need their crap. Let them fend for themselves. Unbelievable.

I try to not ever waste a morsel of food, and am very creative with menus. I don't understand this situation, at all. I guess PR is the poster child for corruptness; unless you want to include our own US gov. Really, really sad.

If people died after the hurricanes, that is on PR. Period.

Last edited:

This_person

Well, they're 75 miles (give or take) apart, so it's more like the mayor of Philly and Reading, PA.

I don't think anyone fully believes that. We've had more than a few problems with many Republicans (past and present) to make such a salacious claim. But, it's really hard to sit and listen to complaints about the aid the federal government has given a territory when the territory won't help itself, and wastes the aid completely.

In other words, if you still can't understand the difference, it's like listening when people thought Obama was going to start an American version of Hitler youth or something when he talked about a peace-keeping force, when really he was talking about Americans being good ambassadors of their own country. When you know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that the bulk of what's being said against someone on a particular subject is blatant lies, it's hard not to respond.

SamSpade

When you know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that the bulk of what's being said against someone on a particular subject is blatant lies, it's hard not to respond.

This is one of the basic axioms of the universe which I have yet to crystallize into a short pithy aphorism but the gist of it is ..

It's *never* the whole truth.

Sort of the corollary of what I've said before is, you're always being manipulated.
Whether it's your kid, your boss, your best friend, your church, the ad on TV - someone is always trying to put the best spin on their version of things while intentionally (or not) leaving stuff out that would weaken their case.

nutz

And why aren't you down there helping them yet?

itsbob

I bowl overhand

Do tell.. which is the better argument:

It's happening in Pattillas so we know it not happening ANYWHERE else, especially San Juan.

OR

It's happening in Pattillas so it's more than likely happening elsewhere, especially San Juan??

This_person

This is one of the basic axioms of the universe which I have yet to crystallize into a short pithy aphorism but the gist of it is ..

It's *never* the whole truth.

Sort of the corollary of what I've said before is, you're always being manipulated.
Whether it's your kid, your boss, your best friend, your church, the ad on TV - someone is always trying to put the best spin on their version of things while intentionally (or not) leaving stuff out that would weaken their case.

No way I could agree more. Well said.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Months after Hurricane Maria ravaged Puerto Rico, nearly half the island's residents are still without power. Despite the Federal Emergency Management Agency sending hundreds of workers to the area to help restore the electrical grid, they've been at a loss as to where critical construction items, shipped to the island as part of the recovery effort, have gone.

Now, armed federal agents are reportedly taking the situation into their own hands. Over the weekend, FEMA and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers began raiding warehouses, where the Puerto Rican Electric Power Authority has been "hoarding" these "critical materials" out of reach of aide workers.

According to The Intercept, FEMA and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers used their security details to break into a Palo Seco warehouse where they found hundreds of tension steel sleeves and nearly 3,000 items critical to U.S. contractors who are trying to help Puerto Rico restore power.

Both agencies quickly inventoried and distributed the items.

The Associated Press reported last week that FEMA has been desperately importing electrical rescue crews, trying to get the island back to full power. But the crews themselves have faced a massive shortage of equipment and necessary parts — a shortage which puzzled the emergency management agency which has been importing the parts and materials since just days after Hurricane Maria hit.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/25935/armed-federal-agents-seize-massive-store-emily-zanotti

officeguy

PREPA and their financial malfeasance is at the root of the PR debt crisis.
They were also responsible for that later rescinded sweetheart contract given to Spearfish Energy.

Last edited:

Hijinx

PREPA and their financial malfeasance is at the root of the PR debt crisis.
They were also responsible for that later rescinded sweetheart contract given to Spearfish Energy.

Check out that bad-mouthing Mayor and see where her hands were in that pie.