Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DC to Baltimore high speed train potential routes

Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post
    I always see these kinds of things as solutions looking for a problem.

Seriously, is there really a need for people to go from Baltimore to DC?
    When I am in either area, DC area people go to DC or No VA, Baltimore people to the area around it.
    The funny thing is, there's already a train between DC and B-More.
    Crybaby Cripplecrow Hanging on a Monkey's Toe Club

Quote Originally Posted by officeguy View Post
    If you want to turn Waldorf into PG, thats the way to go. Oh wait, the Dorf is already turning into PG-South...

For the Rt5 corridor a separate grade 2 lane busway would be the ticket. Access controlled, not like an HOV lane. Only buses, no copcars, no carpools. Only professional drivers with 50+ seat buses. This could run from Branch Ave to Beantown and the buses can fan out from there into the Dorf, on to La Plata', down towards SMC. 500mil is all that would take.
    Like you said Waldorf is already a PG clone.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0nllyn View Post
    The funny thing is, there's already a train between DC and B-More.
    From their website, it seems the primary reason for doing it is some study that required them to look into it.

I can see the wisdom of fast transport from DC to NY. That's traveled enough to actually have a whole airline mostly dedicated to that.
    But DC to Baltimore? Who in either city cares if it takes them 15 minutes or 45?
    “Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.".Daniel Webster

From their website, it seems the primary reason for doing it is some study that required them to look into it.

I'm sure some FINE Democrat stuck some language in an appropriations bill somewhere in the pasts
    We’re tempted to suggest a conspiracy here — but it’s just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply can’t conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GURPS View Post
    you don't have to deal with the political fallout from forcing people from their homes when you bulldoze entire neighborhoods for this project

and to the OP WTF do we need High Speed Rail to Baltimore

[that is a throw away question Chris no need to answer]
    THAT'S my question... How long does it take for a NORMAL train to do 35 miles??

Is a 10 minute saving worth ALL of that cost??
    Nero played the fiddle, Obama danced the Tango.

Quote Originally Posted by BadGirl
    Bob is the bestest lookin and smartest man I've ever met.

Yea, a $37 million federal grant to study it.

I wish I had money to throw around.
    Crybaby Cripplecrow Hanging on a Monkey's Toe Club

Members who have read this thread: 38